It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impossible Stone-Cut Ruins Found Worldwide

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: XipeTotex

Up to a point, i think you are right. If two separate cultures wanted to make the machine, it would have to have the wheel, They would have to invent the wheel, then the bearings and shaft, it would then have to have construction around it. First, they would have to make tools to fashion the bits not found in nature. The first requirement is patience and abstract thought with the time available to utilize these musings. But for an undertaking like a pyramid the labor and years of work, in a society with what we have been led to believe lacking resources. It would have had to be worth it in other words it would have to have done something that everyone agreed was worth the effort.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

Up to a point, i think you are right. If two separate cultures wanted to make the machine, it would have to have the wheel, They would have to invent the wheel, then the bearings and shaft, it would then have to have construction around it. First, they would have to make tools to fashion the bits not found in nature. The first requirement is patience and abstract thought with the time available to utilize these musings. But for an undertaking like a pyramid the labor and years of work, in a society with what we have been led to believe lacking resources. It would have had to be worth it in other words it would have to have done something that everyone agreed was worth the effort.

Or the god king decree it would happen. Nothing is impossible for the person who only has to order it done.

It took the AE approximately 150 years to go from Djoser's step pyramid to Menkaure's pyramid tomb. They made a lot of mistakes on the way but in the end created a stable, functional (if not terribly useful) pyramids at what was probably a great use of resources that could have been used for better things.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

originally posted by: XipeTotex
a reply to: Byrd

Do you think the use of stone joint metal clamps is just a coincidence?

All over the world, same kind of blocks, with those little same kind of bumbs, joined together with the neat little metal doodads?

Yep and every civilization had knifes, scrappers, spears, maces, grinders and needles - why is that? Common solution to a common problem or did one civ teach everyone else?

Clamp types vary in shape: dovetail, double-T (of “dumbbell-shape”) sometimes with circular or semicircular heads, straight bar, the alphabet capitals I and H, and butterfly (or “bow tie”). For the material, iron was the most popular, but wood, stone, bronze, lead, and even gold were used (modern retrofitting is done with steel or titanium).

Not all civilization used the clamp method. Also they used slightly different shapes and their use was separated from one another by thousands of years. Its use also came into use then died out.

List the dates of when they were used, stopped being used by civilization - what does it tell you?

In East Asia, as of now, the earliest stone-joint clamps come from China and are datable to the early 6th century CE, followed by Korea in the late 7 th century. Finds from India and Southeast Asia date to the 9th-11th century, though some with even earlier dates may eventually surface. This isn't ancient use.

The amount of time between builds is logical, because it took time for information to go from one continent to another, mounds and pyramids are the same, a large pointy thing, with passages inside, preferably with a river or spring,(among many other things) this is because its a symbolic mountain, and a part of a long lost global religion or a belief system.
edit on 18-11-2022 by XipeTotex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 03:41 AM
link   
One thing to remember is that books (and TV shows etc) about a mysterious ancient civilisation wiped out by a mysterious global catastrophe, only appeal until we actually have proof such a civilisation or catastrophe existed. Then it all just becomes dull, boring, history and geology ....

If there's a cover up at all, it'd be by the likes of Hancock etal so such people can continue to milk the cash cow, before them pesky real archaeologists and geologists get their sticky mitts on it

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tortuga
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Biggest load of claptrap, just funding a huckster.

Thanks for your opinion, feel free to not watch it.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I can think of many. Apparently you cannot. That’s ok. It’s this sort of myopic view which has brought us to where we are.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

How Did The Al Naslaa Rock Formation Get Split In Two?

Saudi Arabia: 4,000-year-old rock was seemingly cut with a laser, so who did it?

Al nalsaa rock

It's a rock that split. I've been to it in '91. If you look at the split its natural - which is why you don't see images of the cut itself - they are always from a distance.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

Ok good to know

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 09:08 AM
link   

The amount of time between builds is logical, because it took time for information to go from one continent to another, mounds and pyramids are the same, a large pointy thing, with passages inside, preferably with a river or spring,(among many other things) this is because its a symbolic mountain, and a part of a long lost global religion or a belief system.

Logical? So, it took hundreds if not thousands of years for this to pass or was it more like the same good idea being reinvented. Do the timeline and prove it to yourself that clamps were only invented in one place......

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I agree on the reinvented line of thinking.

If information was travelling over 100-1000s of years I'd like to ask what the format was, the differences in language across the world alludes to the format being oral and that simply won't work.

Occam's razor says things are worked out independently. Personally I find the evolution of the civilised man much more fascinating than lost ancient ways. I feel like the answers to why technological evolution is the same throughout human history won't be found digging in the dirt, it's in the mind why we keep doing these things.

It's too easy to say aliens or lost civilisations but it's also far too dismissive to ignore the spiritual aspects of our past.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

I agree on the reinvented line of thinking.

If information was travelling over 100-1000s of years I'd like to ask what the format was, the differences in language across the world alludes to the format being oral and that simply won't work.

Occam's razor says things are worked out independently. Personally I find the evolution of the civilised man much more fascinating than lost ancient ways. I feel like the answers to why technological evolution is the same throughout human history won't be found digging in the dirt, it's in the mind why we keep doing these things.

It's too easy to say aliens or lost civilisations but it's also far too dismissive to ignore the spiritual aspects of our past.

Yep we are clever little mammals.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 12:11 PM
link   

a reply to: Byrd

Do you think the use of stone joint metal clamps is just a coincidence?

All over the world, same kind of blocks, with those little same kind of bumbs, joined together with the neat little metal doodads?

First... it's not "all over the world." It only shows up in places that have large stone architectural features (and not in all of those)

Second... what you see is that it starts in one culture and then moves to others in the same area around the same time. But it doesn't suddenly appear all over the world during the exact same time. The time difference there is around 2,000 years (Egypt to Central America)

Third - it's kind of a logical solution... that and mortar. Everyone who does stonework invents mortar and other methods (including interlocking stones) in crafting buildings because they're all solving the same problem (how to stick stones together so that they don't fall over.)

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 12:18 PM
link   

No society takes up a big building project if it doesn't have resources for it. And for certain projects, a lengthy timeframe may be needed to make them happen.

It took 14 years to carve Mount Rushmore and that wasn't even at the behest of a god-king. Big Ben (in London) took 14 years to build and 17 years to build the Three Gorges Dam in China which is far more technologically complex (and larger) than the Great Pyramid.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1968
Perhaps they used copper tubes for the core drilling too. Maybe they used copper chisels and sand to make the boxes at the serapeum?

Not "perhaps." Certainly they did.
Egyptians had been hollowing sarcophagi with tube saws for thousands of years prior to the (Ptolemaic) Serapeum sarcophagi, as is attested to by saw marks found over that entire time span.

originally posted by: ARM1968Or they just eyeballed the perfect symmetry of many of the statues - and they are perfect.

Unfinished sculptures have been found. They used a grid system. It's been found still on the work in more than one instance.

originally posted by: ARM1968
As for why professional people would go along with a cover up, if you can’t think of a reason, or several, then I can’t help you. LOL

As Hans often points out, the dream of any archaeologist is to turn the field on its head, or at the very least make new findings.
It's pretty dumb, actually, to think there would ever be such a "cover up." After all, how do you think archaeologists become rich and famous? LOL

Harte

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

How Did The Al Naslaa Rock Formation Get Split In Two?

Saudi Arabia: 4,000-year-old rock was seemingly cut with a laser, so who did it?

Al nalsaa rock

You can't cut through stone with a laser.
A laser is not a disintegration ray.

Harte

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

Master Obi-Wan Kenobi might disagree

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 03:21 PM
link   

You only need a couple of loose mushrooms to find out that millions of people are involved in suppressing something.

Why? Your guess is as good as mine. My best bet is that our species suffers from some sort of collective trauma.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

No society takes up a big building project if it doesn't have resources for it. And for certain projects, a lengthy timeframe may be needed to make them happen.

It took 14 years to carve Mount Rushmore and that wasn't even at the behest of a god-king. Big Ben (in London) took 14 years to build and 17 years to build the Three Gorges Dam in China which is far more technologically complex (and larger) than the Great Pyramid.

150 years for Saint Peters - there are still cathedrals in Europe that aren't finished yet - like the Gaudí Basilica in Barcelona they started that one in 1882 and are still working on it - slowly.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte
As Hans often points out, the dream of any archaeologist is to turn the field on its head, or at the very least make new findings.
It's pretty dumb, actually, to think there would ever be such a "cover up." After all, how do you think archaeologists become rich and famous? LOL

Harte

A high school friend and I both went into Archaeology he ended up as a Physical therapist - he worked as an archy for the state of Michigan for 8 years then gave up - no great discoveries. Same for me I went into something else while maintaining a interest and made it a hobby while doing a 'real' job. If you don't do great research and find x or y you probably aren't going anywhere unless you go into teaching or 'law directed(doing salvage digs for state governments) archaeology the great archaeologists you hear about and know - found great stuff or tried to find great stuff and failed...

As I said if you make a significant find - you get tenure, higher pay, grants, graduate students (helpers), facilities, institutes funded for you, national geographic does documentaries about you, the Smithsonian names stuff after you - etc, etc. Basically fame and fortune.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join