It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USB Bluetooth conundrum.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Just thought i would see if anyone can help with a small problem i seem to have encountered or if they are also experiencing similar issues.

I used to use two Duelshock 4 wireless controllers connected to the PC via Bluetooth in conjunction with DS4Windows software without any sort of issues.

Problem being i can only seem to connect/detect one of the newer PS5 DualSense Wireless Controllers instead of two.

Cant seem to find any solutions online the deal with or resolve the problem. Never had much issues in the past connecting PS controllers or xbox controllers with the adapter.

But i simply cannot get Bluetooth devices to detect anymore than the one PS5 controller.

Im wondering if possibly the newer controllers require a better adapter type or if its a Windows issue/problem?

Current adapter is CRS 4.0 Bluetooth affair, and version of Windows 11 Pro(I know should have stuck with 10).
edit on 16-11-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
Just thought i would see if anyone can help with a small problem i seem to have encountered or if they are also experiencing similar issues.

I used to use two Duelshock 4 wireless controllers connected to the PC via Bluetooth in conjunction with DS4Windows software without any sort of issues.

Problem being i can only seem to connect/detect one of the newer PS5 DualSense Wireless Controllers instead of two.

Cant seem to find any solutions online the deal with or resolve the problem. Never had much issues in the past connecting PS controllers or xbox controllers with the adapter.

But i simply cannot get Bluetooth devices to detect anymore than the one PS5 controller.

Im wondering if possibly the newer controllers require a better adapter type or if its a Windows issue/problem?

Current adapter is CRS 4.0 Bluetooth affair, and version of Windows 11 Pro(I know should have stuck with 10).
Have you tried uninstalling the BT driver and then re-installing it? Also in Device Manager is there any error showing for the BT device?
edit on 11 16 2022 by Ilikesecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

It could be the bandwidth of the bluetooth connection of your PC? As a temporary fix, you could try connecting one wireless and one via usb?
I've never connected Sony devices to PC so can't offer much more help, sorry.
I do agree with Likesecrets, you could also try uninstalling the bluetooth driver.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Ilikesecrets

Cheers for the response.

There are not any issues listed in device manager, everything seems to be UpToDate/device working properly under properties tab.

Tried removing and updating the drivers.

Result being the same PC refuses to see both PS5 controllers and will recognize only one yet will see both older PS4 controllers.

Additionally it also refuses to recognize a second PS4 controller if i already have a PS5 pad paired.

Tried it with another BT dongle(older model) and that's also producing the same results.

I can plug another controller in wired but it kind of defeats the point.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Cheers for the response.

Tried that Kurokage no joy.

I'm also thinking its a bandwidth issue.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Not quite related but similar experience, i have a couple ds4 for my ps4 that it will no longer recognize after last ps update. Not sure if the firmware was updated on the controllers or if its just a playstation os issue. Are your controllers oem?

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 03:59 PM
link   

here is what i could find, it appears 'you are not alone' with the issue

Can not connect multiple PS5 Controllers to Pc via Bluetooth.

Connect 2 dualsense controllers to PC using Bluetooth, the 2nd one is not stable

It's a know issue. Not every BT adapter support more than one dualsense without disconnects. Not sure which one will work. Tried a generic 5.0 one and doesn't even let connect more than one controller.

Using a PS5 controller on PC – here’s how to connect the two

I am still on PS4 with Xbox Series X as main system, just purchased God of war Ragnarok and it plays fine so far on PS4, some of the PS exclusives are just to good to miss

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Easy, get an Xbox

(shots fired)

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown

Well you found more than i did UpThenDown so cheers for the info and assist.

My dongle is 4.0 so if the 5.0 units are still only allowing connection of 1 PS5 controller ive not much hope with one i have.

Only about £2 from China and done me a few years so no harm no foul.

I suppose, i can just use the older PS4 controllers if i wish to connect multiple controllers wirelessly.

I've bought the boy Ragnarok for his PS5, birthday in a few weeks, hope he like it.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Update BT drivers .
Find the manufacturer and the type in Device Manager.
Do an internet search .
Only choose the result from search that goes directly to the manufacturer's website .
Follow the download and install directions.

Windows' update does install the Windows native drivers (WHQL) , and not the OEM version .

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Tried all that Gothmog and cheers for the input, but its still only seeing one PS5 controller.

Apparently im not the only one.

Ile order a newer Bluetooth 5.3 dongle and see if that helps fix the issue.

The one i have just now is and older CRS 4.0 dongle which might be the issue but the drivers are all UpToDate and working accordingly.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Bandwidth issues as others have said from what I gather. Ps5 controllers aren't compatible with windows technically. I've had similar issues with wireless headphones and wireless controllers used on PC in the past. There's ways around it but for the headphones I couldn't get over the sound delay.

Something to keep an eye on if you do manage a way around it, my Xbox controllers always underperformed when using dongles with a PC too.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Something to keep an eye on if you do manage a way around it, my Xbox controllers always underperformed when using dongles with a PC too.

Latency was an issue, or could become one with earlier versions of the DS4Windows software if i recall.

I don't have any sort of issues using PS4 controllers all the same, can even get the motion controls working effectively in conjunction with the likes of Ryujinx/Yuzu emulators.

Ile just go back to the older controllers until the issue is resolved or hopefully a newer 5.3 dongle my be able to handle the additional bandwidth concerns of adding another PS5 DualSense controller wirelessly.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Proprietary issues in an ever connected world... I usually just say naughty words to such things lol.

I miss PS controllers too, my experiences put me off getting a PS5 controller for the PC. Added to my opinions about propriety issues and gaming in general.

Someone will release a dongle or whatever that works with everyone's needs in mind, it's just stupid it's the way it is.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Tried all that Gothmog and cheers for the input, but its still only seeing one PS5 controller.

Apparently im not the only one.

Ile order a newer Bluetooth 5.3 dongle and see if that helps fix the issue.

The one i have just now is and older CRS 4.0 dongle which might be the issue but the drivers are all UpToDate and working accordingly.

I just go with Afterglow XBox One wired controllers for PC
So that is almost all I had for you .
edit on 11/17/22 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Thats ok Gothmog all input was appreciated.

Not having much luck with these PS5 DualSense thingamabobs.

For some reason that's the up button the Dpad decided to quit working.

Pad is only a few months old as well and it don't feel like its broke or any diffrent from the other Dpad positions.

Guess ile need to open her up later and hopefully its simply some dirt/gunk buildup responsible for the failure.
edit on 18-11-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 07:26 PM
link   
But you have given me an idea .
Off to buy a PS% controller....
My desktop has BT .
Thanks.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I did read that someone got it to work by connecting one with a USB cable and one wirelessly, so it might be worth giving that a try but it is from reddit??

Reddit

Only fix was using USB for one, bluetooth for the other, beyond obnoxious.
Needing Bluetooth 6.0 M.2 card upgrades for bandwidth. I had done all your solutions besides the actual PS5 update, smh.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Cheers Kurokage for the info.

Aye i can use USB for one, Bluetooth for the other, i knew that, but the goal was both PS5 controllers wirelessly same as i can with the PS4 variants.

Hopefully a newer better model of adapter might help, will post the results when if it arrives.

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I promised an update.

Ordered and finally received a newer Wireless USB dongle of the 5.3 iteration, which cost about £4.50.

The good news is i can now connect and use both PS5 wireless controllers.

Was only able to connect, and get the Bluetooth to be able to recognize a single PS5 controller with the previous models.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join