It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Study Warns Declining Sperm Counts 'Could Threaten Mankind's Survival'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDDAgain
a reply to: Annee

Maybe it's just evolution changes in the human body needs.

Men and women are becoming more androgynist.

That does not make any sense at all. The sperm count is a modifier for the equation of conception. Non androgynous men also see this change in sperm count.

Where is the causal link?

Biology works in weird ways.

Do you really think I made that up?

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Yes. In the sense that it is a theory of yours. Where is the causal link?

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Theyre turning the fricken frogs gay!!

Finally, youve come around to AJ.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Yes. In the sense that it is a theory of yours. Where is the causal link?

Not mine. I'm no scientist.

Read it a while back.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Hey! If frogs can do it

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Hey! If frogs can do it

...only from specific outside influences..

Per AJ

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Hey! If frogs can do it

...only from specific outside influences..

Per AJ

I don't make this up.

Many frog species are known to include intersex individuals that have changed gender or reversed their sex from male to female, or female to male. Generally, the number of individuals having experienced sex reversal represents 2 to 16% of the observed frog population. toadsnfrogs.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Again, where is the causal connection? I don't see any. But I know where you are coming from ideologic wise ...

Makes no sense to ask further where the causal link is, since you don't seem to really have an idea.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Again, where is the causal connection? I don't see any. But I know where you are coming from ideologic wise ...

Makes no sense to ask further where the causal link is, since you don't seem to really have an idea.

I read a lot of stuff.

When hubby and I owned a business -- I was front desk and did nothing by "surf" all day.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Although many studies have found that sex reversal in frogs is linked to pollution and is “unnatural” (Hayes et al, 2010), other studies have found that sex reversal in frogs be a natural occurence (Lambert et al, 2019).

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

Published by an international team of researchers in Human Reproduction Update, the study analyzed data from 57,000 men in 53 countries, with results suggesting that average global sperm concentration declined from an estimated 101.2 million per milliliter in 1973 to 49 m/ml in 2018—a drop of 51.6%—while total sperm counts decreased by 62.3% over the same period.

What's causing sperm counts to perilously plummet? Levine told Health Policy Watch that "the primary suspect is a mother's exposure to man-made chemicals during pregnancy," with plasticizers, pesticides, herbicides, heavy metals, toxic gases, and air pollution believed to be among the chief culprits.

New Study Warns Declining Sperm Counts 'Could Threaten Mankind's Survival'

I'm sure the Pharma Industrial complex will come up with an expensive vaccine for that.

Not sure this really classifies as breaking news as we known sperm counts were dropping for decades.

As our food/water/air get degraded year after year by all manner of pollutants so all manners of disease become big money makers.

Maybe it's time to take pollution seriously.

Wonder about all the Trans Gender mania - Plastic - Decades of plastic this and plastic that - heck even iv needles are plastic now.

Just for your information.

good,

who cares?

start eating red meat instead of soy based products and cutting off your genitals.

smh.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 08:53 PM
link   

That does not make any sense at all. The sperm count is a modifier for the equation of conception. Non androgynous men also see this change in sperm count.

You certainly did not, we are kissing cousins to frogs. If frogs are affected, we may be affected. The frogs are our canaries in the mine.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 08:53 PM
link   

You certainly did not, we are kissing cousins to frogs. If frogs are affected, we may be affected. The frogs are our canaries in the mine.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

I have no issue saying humans are animals.

We all evolved from the same origin -- just taking different forks in the road.

My cousin the frog

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

You are probably correct about 'flushed' hormone medications. However the impact of any such hormones is minuscule in comparison to the plasticizers in our environment both personal and collective.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: FyreByrd

I think it is much simpler than that, at about the time that sperm counts were dropping, they started to milk dairy cows all year round, the cow has to produce 500 times more estrogen to maintain this amount of milk production, and the estrogen goes into the milk, along with the same growth hormones that humans use, but in greater amounts as the calf will become a massive beast in a couple of years. The rise in cancers occurred at about the same time, it is no chance thing that a major anti-cancer drug is actually an estrogen blocker. Also, the Dairy contains casin a small natural plastic that is great for making glue, but not that hot for blood pressure or the kidneys which are trying their best to filter this stuff out. Guess what cheese is a concentrated cocktail of, it takes ten liters of milk to make a kilo of cheese. So basically messing with nature makes a lot of cash , with the blood pressure pills the cancers the heart attacks all because they forced up the milk production. It also causes western women to menstruate early this was found out when Japan was westernized after the war, It seems the cows growth hormone did the trick.Their women used to mensturate at sixteen, but it went down to twleve.Western men used to be a foot taller than the asian men. Untill their Dairy consumption increased. Cows are also peeing the Estrogen into the water table , it is powerful stuff a woman only produces a tea spoon full in a lifetime.

Interesting and an excellent point. Do you have references?

It's a complex problem with many contribution causes. We need to address them all. Even skinny jeans (do guys wear them - and if so maybe they shouldn't be reproducing).

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: chiefsmom
a reply to: quintessentone

Exactly.
My mom said in the 70's, with all the chemicals we are throwing on the ground, we were going to be in trouble.

Mess with mother earth, reap what you sow.

(yeah, it's been going on longer than that. But the sentiment is the same.)

We have to change our psychology, in that, we have to start facing negative reality and finding solutions.

Well said. Bravo.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Depends on the density of the population. In rural regions this will not be a problem but think cities where people stack on top of each other and a 20x20m footprint skyscraper makes up for the same people in a small rural town.

Overall yes, plastics are a lot more abundant. Nonetheless, there have been studies and we say here, several trickles make up a big river, not a single one.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Back before the internet had fact checkers and misinformation boards?

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Yes I did a thread about this years ago. You cant get the estrogen out of the ground water, it's in the contraceptive pill as well all the souped up Dairy Cows are peeing into the paddocks and it gets in the streams etc. the groundwater is then cleaned up and drunk and people wonder why the sperm count is dropping and everyone is going gay.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join