It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well I am Building a Saturn V Skylab model rocket.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Well yearly a year later I have finally completed this project/endeavor. When I 1st started this thread ATS was not working properly and I was not able to upload any more images at the time. I do however have photo's of the complete build and instead of posting them all I'll just post the completion photo's. This was a wild journey for me, I now have 20+ rockets now.
paint booth to boot with a big box of paints, sandpaper and other hobby tools now.

Been fun and I still love building rockets now, it's soup for the soul if you know what I mean.
Well here it is all finished up. Overall dimensions is 4" X 42" with the display faux 5 motor cluster attached.

Any questions on the build would be greatly appreciated and answered accordingly also.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Great work- especially on the paint job, which I know is really fiddly to do. I have a smaller version rom a kit bought as a gift and it kept me quiet for a long time

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo
Sounds like the 1/200th scale Doctor Zooch version.

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Ilikesecrets

Launch spot just outside 3 Oaks MI. 2-3 times a year

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I remember seeing that Saturn V rocket in the hobby shop at our local mall when I was a kid (early 80s) and always wondered how it would fire. Man, I wanted that thing bad but it wasn't cheap!
We'd set off some smaller stuff all the time. Building them was so much fun. I remember I built one for a science project in middle school that was called "Mean Green Machine" or something. It was 6ft tall and skinny. It had a single engine (Type D iirc) and upon launch it simply disassembled into 4 pieces lol.

We took the fin section (that had the engine housing), jammed the nose cone portion on to it and tried to send that up. Again, another disaster (luckily nobody got hit)
So much fun!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join