It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian soldier vs Ukraine drone

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 12:06 PM
link   
ONE LUCKY SOB.

Telegraph
They had to turn off the comments on the article because people were praising him...

We are constantly bombarded on ATS with threads and videos showing Russians taking the L. Dehumanizing them so people can justify their hatred towards another human being. Well pushing dehumanizing content isn't helping de-escalate this conflict folks.

Here is a Russian fighting for his life. I think it would help some people to see there are humans on both side of this conflict dying for hegemonic forces who profit off human suffering.

It appears Alexey was already injured as the Ukranians continued to drop grenades on him...

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Got himself in quite the pickle there, luckily he was quick thinking.

Whether Ukrainian or Russian, seeing someone have to go through this helps reconnect us with humanity.

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 12:29 PM
link   
#GifsThatEndTooSoon

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Here is a Russian fighting for his life.

If he wasn't part of an invasion force, then he wouldn't be would he ?

He has no moral right to be where he is. Could be a war criminal for all we know.

Just go home and leave people in peace.

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I'm astonished how many people on ATS support Russia and putin invading a sovereign country.

You reap what you sow...Galatians 7:10

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Good thread, hadn't seen this.

Really interesting to see The Telegraph covering this given their foreign desk largely being staffed by MI5/6 (always a very good source of insight into how UK SIS may be thinking).

I think most viewers would see this guy as very likely a victim/conscript of Putin's mad last gasp and certainly an underdog in this situation and cause a rise in sympathy for their plight - unless that's the intention of the article?

originally posted by: MykeNukem

Got himself in quite the pickle there, luckily he was quick thinking.

Whether Ukrainian or Russian, seeing someone have to go through this helps reconnect us with humanity.

Yup, I think anyone who can view this without getting a lump in their throat/knot in their stomach or feeling of relief when he seemingly escapes has to take a deep breath - it made me realise how de-sensitised I've become to attacks on vehicles or groups.

Seeing someone on their own somehow keeping composure like that hits a certain spot I've not felt since seeing 'necklacing' footage.
edit on 10-11-2022 by bastion because: (no reason given)

Edit: just realised he's obviously dead after the second/before the third (green/blank) drop.
edit on 10-11-2022 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 01:21 PM
link   

It's sad to see any human being in that situation. I can't imagine how he must feel.

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I'm astonished how many people on ATS support Russia and putin invading a sovereign country.

You reap what you sow...Galatians 7:10

I think criticism of western leaders wanting to escelate the war, and corporations pushing support of giving aid to ukraine (so the MIC can sell weapons) is warrented.

Putin's invasion is wrong. But a lot of agendas at play. Its sad to see any soldier or civilian dying for an unneeded war. Especially because its easy to get wrapped up in the nationalistic propaganda and drafts that help prevent the russian public from refusing war.

Russia has no pronlem imprisoning people for up to 15 years for refusing to serve. They have no problem silencing journalists who criticize putin and the war.

I wish the russian people would stand up and refuse war, but its just not that easy.

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: midicon

Likely hit with life-ending shrap metal. War is truely aweful and should be avoided at all costs.

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
ONE LUCKY SOB.

Umm... is this your idea of comedy? He got hit by a freaking grenade.

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 03:08 PM
link   
It’s the way of the world, dehumanise your enemy, making it acceptable to treat them like the animals they have been painted to be. And make no mistake, our leaders want us to see Russians as our enemies, but they are not. They are our brothers and sisters, fellow members of this ONE race, the human race. Few of them wish to fight. Most of them would rather be at home safe and warm. It is like this in nearly all wars. Our leaders dictate, we suffer at the sharp end. It is all pointless.

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I agree. This is a war crime. It's outright attempted murder, and the people in control of that drone and those who gave the orders need to be prosecuted.

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I understand what you are saying, but is death really the answer? They could simply arrest him. But instead they attempt to murder him. That is hardly the moral high ground is it?
edit on 10/11/2022 by MetalChickAmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MetalChickAmy

Why would it be a war crime?

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

If it's not, it should be.

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

Why would it be a war crime?

You didn't get the memo? Those "grenades" are made by Pfizer. What you're watching in this video is sickening... this poor feller almost got vaxxed!!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 03:34 PM
link   

They could simply arrest him.

Was he prepared to surrender ?

That is the question.

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 03:49 PM
link   

War is war.

You don't generally arrest the enemy.

Perhaps in WW2 the Allied troops should have arrested German soldiers instead of killing them?

Would this Russian soldier have arrested Ukrainians rather than try to kill them?!!!!
edit on 10-11-2022 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 04:16 PM
link   
You can and should have sympathy for a human in a fight for life... but id like to know how many times he's used the word 'Hohol' when talking about his 'enemy' in the last few days.

Ive watched many videos of intercepted calls of ruZZian soldiers talking to wives, mothers, brothers and sisters... and some are just blatantly unrepentant, others you cant help but feel that sad deep pit of despair at their plight... then they go and ruin it by saying 'Hohol' 2-3 times and that feeling all goes away.

I think theres been only one intercepted call ive heard where the guy was on the verge of tears and his wife was too... he never used the word 'Hohol' when talking about the Ukrainians... that guy, that guy I have some sympathy for.

originally posted by: MetalChickAmy

I agree. This is a war crime. It's outright attempted murder, and the people in control of that drone and those who gave the orders need to be prosecuted.

Saw a video a few weeks back of a single ruZZian soldier in a trench/bunker being flanked by 2 Ukrainians, he threw a grenade and got one of the Ukrainians the other Ukrainian threw about 4 grenades into the trench to take him out but they seemed to do nothing... the video ended with the Ukrainian going around the back of the dugout with the ruZZian still moving around in it so no idea who won... this was all filmed by a drone above the fight.

A single soldier in a trench can kill others... if you can take him out without lose of life on your side why wouldnt you? He is trying to kill you, you are trying to kill him... a drone is just another weapon towards that purpose, it isnt murder in war... if that is murder then Artillery is murder, using a rifle from 100 meters away is murder.
edit on 10-11-2022 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2022 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigfootNZ
You can and should have sympathy for a human in a fight for life... but id like to know how many times he's used the word 'Hohol' when talking about his 'enemy' in the last few days.

I wonder if [insert anything].

We only have what we have, which is this video.

We can make stuff up all day, but that's all it is, making stuff up.

This guy was in a very precarious, probably life-ending position, that makes me feel for him. I'd do the same for a Ukrainian in this position, too.

<<   2 >>

join