It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Small River Panic Attacks and Paranormal Sightings

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2022 @ 12:40 PM
link   
A few months ago I was driving and had one of the worst panic attacks I’ve ever had.
My heart was thumping, I had trouble breathing and worst of all my legs started shaking.

I was able to calm myself down and drive home.

Today I was running errands with my husband. He was driving. At the exact area of my last panic attack I felt my heart thump thump thump.
I was like, No way this is happening again at the exact same spot.

The road is smooth and straight and there really isn’t anything external in the area to cause anxiety or concern. I went home and looked it up on the map. Unbeknownst to me there is a river under part of the road. You absolutely can’t see it from the road, and there is no bridge either, but by the map it is obvious the water goes under the roadway. The River is part of the Mississippi watershed. It is a very small river and nothing of significance.

I also dug a little more into that area for paranormal concerns. Sure enough some have claimed to have seen spirts of native Americans in the woods near that very area.

Back to the water. Do you think this is mere coincidence or could there be something more? I know people can find water by using a rod, can the reverse be true? Can the water running under the road make me feel ill?

posted on Nov, 5 2022 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Perhaps you were picking up on a fatal traffic accident that occured there in the past.

posted on Nov, 5 2022 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Perhaps you were picking up on a fatal traffic accident that occured there in the past.

Ohhh lemme see…

posted on Nov, 5 2022 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Mississippi is not known for its diligent infrastructure maintenance.

A river, even a "small" one, running, essentially "hidden", under a roadway could be the source of serious, unchecked (and unsuspected) erosion, leading to potentially catastrophic failure of the roadway above.

Could your panic attack(s) be triggered by the subtle vibrations given by the weakened ground beneath the road?

posted on Nov, 5 2022 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021

Mississippi is not known for its diligent infrastructure maintenance.

A river, even a "small" one, running, essentially "hidden", under a roadway could be the source of serious, unchecked (and unsuspected) erosion, leading to potentially catastrophic failure of the roadway above.

Could your panic attack(s) be triggered by the subtle vibrations given by the weakened ground beneath the road?

That is one thing I wondered as I questioned that the road wasn’t bumpy!
Maybe micro vibrations?

posted on Nov, 5 2022 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Things like your experience aren't a normal thing for me, so when they happen I pay attention. I agree with Mantiss; I'd choose a different route for future travel given my past experiences with things feeling 'off' for ne reason.

posted on Nov, 5 2022 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I think water has something to do with sensing as the only two ghosts I've experienced were in basement bathrooms, but in your case the suggestion of taking a different road if possible makes sense. You might be picking up on cues that are under your awareness and being warned.

posted on Nov, 5 2022 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: igloo
I think water has something to do with sensing as the only two ghosts I've experienced were in basement bathrooms, but in your case the suggestion of taking a different road if possible makes sense. You might be picking up on cues that are under your awareness and being warned.

There are a few different routes, one still goes under that same river, the other doesn’t. We’ll see!

posted on Nov, 5 2022 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: igloo

There are a few different routes, one still goes under that same river, the other doesn’t. We’ll see!

Good there's alternatives. No matter the reason, you don't want that unpleasant experience again.

posted on Nov, 5 2022 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I've said before that we live on a river in NJ, and cannot seem to get away from it.
When I was young and single, I lived for several years in a building which was an old store on the first floor and had 2 apartments upstairs. The river was right across the road from this building, and has an Indian name.
I watched while different tenants moved in and then moved right out again of the other apartment. When I asked why they were moving, I was told that 'there was something wrong with the place'.
I actually loved it there, but my animals were not happy. And every single one of my boyfriends described seeing the same woman wandering about, who would disappear.
An elderly neighbor told me that many years before, a woman hung herself in the attic, which was right above my apartment.
And a woman who had lived across the road walked into the river and drowned herself.
I met my husband while living there, and we moved away. But I have no doubt that that river with the Indian name has something to do with the dreadful things that happened there. There is way more to the story, and we actually live just a few blocks from there currently.

posted on Nov, 5 2022 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I've been told in the past that the likes of geomancy and Feng Shui is pseudoscience yet understanding energy flows is something humanity has tried to achieve for a while... Experiences like yours are often written off as coincidence.

Yet there's a theme, why there and not 40 metres down the road?

I know people can find water by using a rod

Not just water but that's what the church permitted to be dowsed with rods in the past, more of an 'organ' for our own perceptions so yes technically it's the water making you feel which in turn makes the rods move.

posted on Nov, 5 2022 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Yes, water as an elemental source can have an effect on you. Being a replenishing or destructive force it does carry the same characteristics of fire, Earth, and air. I live in a swampy area next to a river and we find allot of iron deposits in the ground. I am also five or six miles close to Lake Michigan. I believe in the past this area was Native American territory. Going back to the iron deposits, I think it throws my internal magnetic compass off and gives me anxiety attacks. You are not alone.

posted on Nov, 5 2022 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ditchweed
Yes, water as an elemental source can have an effect on you. Being a replenishing or destructive force it does carry the same characteristics of fire, Earth, and air. I live in a swampy area next to a river and we find allot of iron deposits in the ground. I am also five or six miles close to Lake Michigan. I believe in the past this area was Native American territory. Going back to the iron deposits, I think it throws my internal magnetic compass off and gives me anxiety attacks. You are not alone.

We have massive massive amounts of iron around here and in the water.

posted on Nov, 5 2022 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Wow pretty interesting that you mentioned this, because there is a short and fast road that i have to take a few times a week, and i always get nausea on that bit of road, one time i almost blacked out or fell asleep or something, very unusual to me.

There is an old mental hospital on the right side, but i am not sure what causes this, paranormal? Maybe some kind of frequency, cell towers, or streetlights? Radioactive material being hauled through that same road?

I have no idea, but i dont like it.

posted on Nov, 5 2022 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Unbeknownst to me there is a river under part of the road.

I know there's something mysterious about water, sometimes, that I can't explain. I had an experience quite similar once.

Back in 2003, my girlfriend at the time and myself were staying in Chicago to see a concert at the House Of Blues. One afternoon we were out seeing the sights around our hotel. Just walking around and I was taking pictures. Well, we came upon this one building that was right next to one of the rivers or canals, whatever they call them, and we both suddenly got cold. And we both were vocal about it and pointed it out. It was a very weird feeling. We didn't know what it was and so we just forgot about it.

4 or 5 years later, and after we had broken up, there was this syndicated block of tv shows that was on at 2 a.m. in the morning. The first half hour was a new version of The Twilight Zone, which I like any version of. The second half hour was a paranormal show of some kind which I didn't normally watch. For some reason, one night I watched it. One of the segments was about that exact same building in Chicago where my girlfriend and I had felt the "cold" sensation. The story told about how 100 years ago or so a ferry boat had an accident in that exact place and several hundred people were killed. As they gathered the bodies, they temporarily placed them all inside that building right next to the water. I don't know, but maybe that's why we got the cold sensation. But, that's not all of the story.

When the show went off at 3 a.m., my telephone rang. It was my ex-girlfriend calling. She said, "Did you see that?" And I said, "Yes, I did!" We didn't even have to say what it was that we were talking about. It was that story about the ferry accident. When you think about it, her calling me is fairly weird, too. Now, both her and I had experienced some paranormal incidents before, so maybe we're more receptive to things like that. One incident we both experienced together was when we were visiting a cemetery that had a "reputation" and my camcorder just died inside the cemetery. The battery went dead. When we left, a few miles down the road from the place, the camcorder came back to life and worked perfectly.

I can't explain these kinds of things, but I know something's going on.

TCB

posted on Nov, 5 2022 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I have to agree with all you guys, the formerly highly Native American areas have left some impressions.
I've been wondering about this for some years, perhaps these areas are cursed?
The Amityville Horror House in Long Island is also on water, and a former Native American area.

posted on Nov, 5 2022 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Chances are you may have had a nightmare about that area in the recent past that only your subconsciousness recalls .

edit on 11/5/22 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2022 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

technically it's the water making you feel which in turn makes the rods move.

yeah, no.
technically...not even close.
it is sensing the big magnetic
loop that radiates off of the moving water.
good dousing rods have tubes you hold on to, the angled wire sits in them.
it is 100% legit
I gave the good old boys at the Tennessee water company sh!t once when they were talking about it.
The guy grabbed 2 locate flags, bent them and showed me the trick.
Go try it in your yard. turn on your sink first for best results.
It really goes crazy on the water mains.
Bend at the 1/3 mark to 90deg, then hold the short end loosely.
It ain't no weegee board college boy, they probably would have told you.

edit on 11 by Mandroid7 because: cor

posted on Nov, 5 2022 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Cool story
like I said to other poster regarding the witching sticks/dousing rods.
It's a really powerful reaction over water mains. Substantially more than just the supply to house
The main out there was like 4" diameter, 1" on the supply.
I'd be willing to bet going to say 20' diameter would do something weird.
If you have a smartphone, maybe try a magnetic "reading" app when you drive by.
I'd be interested in your findings, I bet it correlates

posted on Nov, 5 2022 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Do you have source?

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'd like to know more about dowsing rods.

Dowsing has always been considered a form of divination from what I have learned from history books and those that practice it, copper seems to be the most conductive metal they can be made which isn't a magnetic material.

Earliest recordings of dowsing mention using a wishbone or Y shaped branch used for divining.

link - BritishDowsers.org.
edit on 5-11-2022 by RAY1990 because: Add link

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join