It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avatar: The Way of Water Official Trailer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Jake Sully lives with his newfound family formed on the planet of Pandora. Once a familiar threat returns to finish what was previously started, Jake must work with Neytiri and the army of the Na'vi race to protect their planet.

Avatar: The Way of Water 2022 on IMDB

Here it is, we've been waiting for years! It's opening in theaters December 16th.

My first impression from the trailer is that it looks more realistic than the first Avatar movie. A lot of time and money has gone into this, I wonder how it will do in the box office?

My favorite part of the trailer is the giant alien whale leaping out of the water... CUT! I can guess where it lands... Can't wait to see the entire scene!
edit on 1122022 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

I think it might bomb.
It's been to long for a sequel and to be honest, I never understood the big deal the first time around.
It's was dances with wolves with smurfs..

That and today there just aren't that many huge hits at the box office like there was before the pandemic
edit on 2-11-2022 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22'

It might do just that, I think the primary reason the first one did so well was that it was ahead of it's time as far as technology and the quality of animation compared to previous movies using CGI characters, landscapes, etc.

It may depend on how many "relevant" topics it contains, some may be put off with messages about race relations, equality, save the planet, etc. I will probably just try to immerse myself in another world and try to forget about that stuff for a few minutes.
edit on 1122022 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 08:27 AM
link   
CGI overload for me. It looks very flat, fake and cartoonish. We have been exposed to so many overdone CGI films the last ten years that it is all starting to look the same. I somewhat agree with Bluntone. It may not bomb per se, but I don't think it will be the blockbuster the original was. Nobody was asking for an Avatar sequel, much less 3-5 sequels.
edit on 2-11-2022 by jtrenthacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

I didn't even get to the end of the trailer.
Not for me.

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 08:35 AM
link   

This could easily end up like the last star wars series. Starts pretty good with a passable movie that made good money and turned to crap with the next two releases.

I guess we need to define what a bomb would be for this movie. Would a billion be considered a flop? It might be since there are several more movies already in production.
That and I imagine these are expensive movies to make.

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 08:57 AM
link   
humans are bad.
the universe would be better off without them.

I think that's the message here.

how many people will be willing to watch a movie in which people are the problem? will they cheer other people getting killed by aliens?
edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: add content

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero

how many people will be willing to watch a movie in which people are the problem? will they cheer other people getting killed by aliens?

They did exactly that in the first movie.

Capitalism bad
Military bad

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: ElGoobero

They did exactly that in the first movie.

Capitalism bad
Military bad

The plot quoted in the OP sounds like a replay of the first movie.

"Oh look, those naughty humans are back"

Cheers

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I’m excited, but worried about it feeling too similar to the first story line, but we’ll see.

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Xenos detected.

Initiating Exterminatus protocols.

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Thought it was Space Pocahontas.

posted on Nov, 3 2022 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

It's a rehash of the wild west.

Evil industrialists want to kill indigenous populations to make profit.

And that one honorable man can make the difference.

new topics

top topics

join