It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Universe Is Not Locally Real, and the Physics Nobel Prize Winners Proved It

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
a reply to: Annee

Have you come across the Boltzmann brain?

I'll have to check into that.

My belief is more channeled than anything. Nothing I can explain.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 01:56 PM
link   
So wouldn't that mean that the Nobel Prize isn't real?

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 02:00 PM
link   

When we mix the finite with the infinite and try to do calculations based on variables that we have to guess at, we run into the Measure Problem.

I've heard of Boltzman's brain, that's about it though, very basic understanding into where it leads.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

In a nutshell if you accept that the universe is infinate and time is infinate then eventually a random selection of atoms will come togehter and form a fully working brain floating about in space, an infinate amount of times.

The world you experience and know is just the imagination of that brain.

Sleep well knowing that possibility.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex
Have a look at perception...

It's just 3 minutes and 39 seconds long.

edit on 30-10-2022 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 02:07 PM
link   

In a nutshell if you accept that the universe is infinate and time is infinate then eventually a random selection of atoms will come togehter and form a fully working brain floating about in space, an infinate amount of times.

Yes, but when we try to calculate the ratio's of things in those "unknown" universes we run into the problem where we can't use any known data anymore, data from the "known" universe, because the possibilities are endless. ie; Measure Problem

So we have to guess.

If I'm going to guess, I'll guess something else.

I'll sleep well, lol.

It's a cool thought experiment though.

edit on 10/30/2022 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

i bet they can't say that a foot in the a@@ ain't real when one is placed there swiftly

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 02:23 PM
link   

That works for me.

Ever since first memory I had out of body experiences, etc. Like flying around my neighborhood and the roofs of houses would just disappear and I could see everything inside the homes. Therefore, physical roofs didn't really exist.

Raised typical Christian -- which never made any sense to me. As a kid you try to believe what adults tell you -- but I just couldn't. I just went through the motions to be part of the group.

I believe there are layers upon layers -- multi universes.

edit on 30-10-2022 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 03:13 PM
link   
This sounds like the same old findings with quantum physics.

Though I have to question: How can you know what’s happening to something when you are not observing it?

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 03:15 PM
link   
It sounds like virtual reality in a computer - each scene is rendered as one looks at it. Before you look at it, it doesn’t exist yet.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 04:03 PM
link   
One of Mum's favorite poems comes to mind...
There was a young man who said "God, must find it exceedingly odd, to think that the tree should continue to be when there's no one about in the quad."
"Dear sir: your astonishment's odd; I'm always about in the quad. And that's why the tree will continue to be while observed by yours faithfully, God."
Ronald Knox 1924

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
So if you can't observe something, or sense it in some way, it doesn't exist?

This is a concept that human developmentalists call object permanence.

An infant normally obtains object permanence around 8 months of age.

If one does not develop object permanence one is considered mentally handicapped.

If this theory is correct, then, I guess now that if a human has object permanence they are the mentally deficient one and the person who has no object permanence is the true genius.

Just an interesting tidbit.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I had one of them, but, unfortunately, it was about gerbil sized when you knocked a few bits off...

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Physics still has no idea what counts as a measurement. Until they do, this is all meaningless.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 06:25 PM
link   
It is a proven fact that particles can communicate with each other instantly even over an infinite distance and thus faster than the speed of light. There is no way to contest this, it is proven.

As for the universe disappearing when no one is looking, I'm not sold on that. Where is the proof? Did I miss it?
edit on 30pmSun, 30 Oct 2022 18:25:51 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Narvasis

I understand how one can hear Beethoven and swoon while others hear him and go, meh, so what. But how about the ''blue sky''? Whatever we call the result on our senses when observing the sky, don't we all have generally the same impression? How is it that this impression is so similar.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

It is a proven fact that particles can communicate with each other instantly even over an infinite distance and thus faster than the speed of light. There is no way to contest this, it is proven.

Personally I tend to think that the particular particles that you reference are in fact directly connected somehow, touching or perhaps even the same thing, we just don't understand how.

I also tend to think that applying limiting factors to our understanding of things has really quite negative effects. Things such as Plancks constant and The Uncertainty Principle come to mind. I'm not saying they're useless or stupid, just that the reality of things maybe much much more than what they define at the moment.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
look at it this way, the tree still exists without humans looking at it because to observe doesn't mean to see by a conscious thinking being, it means to interact with and many things interact with each other at the quantum level at all times, thus nothing is never not observed, thus everything is real after interacting with each other. quantum mechanics is hard to explain with words.

So, are you saying that basically there is no need for human “visual” observation because the thing that connects all things everywhere is omnipresent?

Said another way, everything is everything, and everything is consistently aware of everything, whether you’re aware of that awareness or not?

The Force, of sorts.

By extension then, growing your awareness of how you are part of/connected to the whole thing is to more deeply understand consciousness from the human perspective?

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Tell that to the tree that I discovered had fallen on my camp roof.

was jerry garcia there

to hear it make a sound?

edit on 03/22/2022 by sarahvital because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: sarahvital

originally posted by: MykeNukem
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Tell that to the tree that I discovered had fallen on my camp roof.

was jerry garcia there

to hear it make a sound?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join