It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

fundamentalist Mormonsleaving Utah... claiming end of the world in less than 24 hours

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I'm so glad I trekked all the way to the hardware store today and bought gardening supplies.
Damnit.

All that wasted sweat.

Why don't these doomsday preachers ever get the word out? He could have saved me several hours of walking with the wheelbarrow.

Bastard.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
so do the mormens have a spaceship squirled away in texas? other wise ....well if it gonna end you gonna go bye bye no mater where you are. hmm mabe texas is a lifeboat state. the world end and it ejects oooo neat can i go too

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I can finish the bathroom, the world isn't going to end after all

No mass exodus reported of FLDS members

Whaaat ???

And I was looking foward to getting blitzed tomorrow...

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jedi_Master

Whaaat ???

Whoa, you're from Kentucky right? The home of Jack Daniels.

You should be looking at getting blitzed TONIGHT. The spirit of Ole Jack.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I am...

Was lookin forward to doing it again tomorrow, and yes I am from Kentucky

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Yeah anyone know when the countdown started? coz i'm at work and the last place i wanna be is at work when the # hits the fan... so if you can let me know when i gotta go grab my girl and head to the beach to watch the fireworks...

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
*Shudders* These guys are trippy little monkeys... the stories that come out of areas they are thick in are horrible as well.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Maybe this fundamentalist Mormon group founded a better deal in Eldorado and decided to get everyone in Utah advance notices by the mean of "end-of-the-world" warning.

Seem like a new approach for an advance notice.

Next time I'll tell my mother that I'll be moving to her hometown because God told me so (not really, just need free place to crash so I won't have to pay rent).

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
dang there goes my end of the world party plans

while the world might not end tommorow torontonians might think it has. the toronto transit comission ttc may go on strike tomorrow night. (unfortunatly it will effect me too
damm bad time not to have a truck)

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be hilarious if this yahoo moved down to Texas just in time to fall in the path of the New Madrid fault sundering the country, probably as far up as the Utah border.

Oh well, so it's not going to happen, or rather, it never happened.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jedi_Master

Whaaat ???

Id still get blitzed, article just says there hasn't been the huge departure of people Hildale and Colorado City expected, although there have been some people: 'But some people have left the twin cities, and they left home without warning, as Colorado City resident Ross Chatwin found out.'
If the world ends, hey you had a good time! If not hey you had a good time!
Im seriously contemplating getting a mate round to tell him this and say its a must to get slaughtered
Im sure he'll agree

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Man, I thought some people might take North Carolina winning the national championship hard but this takes the case. The end of the world within 24 hours.
I just drank 4 beers on an empty stomach and I feel real good. I don't sense the world will end within the next 24 hours. Rest, relax, have fun. It is a sad time though. I mean NC has another banner to fly in their basketball colosseum. Let's fly all the flags at half staff in respect of this sad day. I wouldn't go so far as to predict the end of the world though. This guy must have really taken that loss very seriously.

This explanation sounds as logical to me as any other.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Wednesday, but no exact time given...

Can't happen, I'm going to Hooters tomorrow.

Are you sure you want to die with that on your soul intrepid?

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
*Breaking Glass!*

*Grabbing emergency party supplies*

*Shifting from party mode to EMERGENCY party mode!*

*Cranking tunes higher*

If life isn't a reason to party, death must certainly be.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
No man alive or dead , or of earth or in the heavens shall know the day, week nor hour of the return of the Lord and therefore they cant know the last day of the world. For God has said when the end has come there shall be made a new heaven and earth and there will be no more pain no pain, and sin shall be no more.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I have six beers in the 'fridge. Should I drink them now? I didn't really plan on it, but I don't want them to go to waste. Also, on a side note, should I use this as an excuse to get some lovin' from the wife tonight?

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by drbryankkruta
No man alive or dead , or of earth or in the heavens shall know the day, week nor hour of the return of the Lord and therefore they cant know the last day of the world.

I guess it's safe to eat at Hooters Intrepid. Even if the end does come, you can die knowing that a cow or chicken died for a noble purpose of becoming your dinner plate. The animal's life had meaning and it's all because of you and guys like me who enjoy giving meaning to a cow's existence.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by steggyD
I have six beers in the 'fridge. Should I drink them now? I didn't really plan on it, but I don't want them to go to waste. Also, on a side note, should I use this as an excuse to get some lovin' from the wife tonight?

Enjoy in moderation and dont drive and I dont see an issue with drinking , My Lord and savior has drank the essence of the grape a few times , but was always insistant that moderation be the key to consumption. Drink well, Drink responsibly, and most important drink one for me.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter

Originally posted by drbryankkruta
No man alive or dead , or of earth or in the heavens shall know the day, week nor hour of the return of the Lord and therefore they cant know the last day of the world.

I guess it's safe to eat at Hooters Intrepid. Even if the end does come, you can die knowing that a cow or chicken died for a noble purpose of becoming your dinner plate. The animal's life had meaning and it's all because of you and guys like me who enjoy giving meaning to a cow's existence.

Humm this is a tuffy ,,,,yes go and enjoy the ladies , however be weary of lust and covetness , other wise let me know if there was a nice red hed you liked there okay....

People people come on even if it was the end, and you didnt know more than likely over 95 percent of the world will be doing something wrong ...being good at the end doesnt save you from past mistakes, So have moderated and safe fun and obey the laws of man and God and dont live seeking the last moment .....

Honestly if you are always looking for the end you will miss the cream filled center of life that is so sweet.

[edit on 5/4/2005 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The world can't end tomorrow. It's new comic day. There is a rule somewhere, the world can't end when the new comics hit the shelves.

Anyway, I'll see you all tomorrow after I get my books.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join