It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hong Kong pro-democracy protester on Chinese consulate attack in Manchester.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Bob Man told Sky News that he tried to hold on to the gates of the consulate before staff threw him to the ground and began kicking and punching him.

A Hong Kong pro-democracy protester who was pulled into the Chinese consulate grounds in Manchester said he thought he was going to die when unidentified men were beating him up.

The demonstrator, who's known as Bob Man, told Sky News that it would have been no surprise if he'd died on the grounds of the Chinese consulate for protesting outside it on Sunday.

He said the protest was peaceful until consulate staff came out and tore down banners and posters depicting images of Chinese President Xi Jinping, which they found offensive.

Showing us his injuries, Bob said he still felt pain in his body and neck where red marks and bruising has developed.

He also has cuts to his face and a bald patch in his hair where it had been pulled out.

"They should be going to jail because it's not legal. They should be punished," he said, adding he wouldn't accept an apology and this has only made him angrier.

'I was thinking I might die': Hong Kong pro-democracy protester on Chinese consulate attack in Manchester

This is from the Times Now channel on Youtube.

They actually dragged him into the consulate, before they started assulting him, I think Britain should demand that the consulate staff be removed or be prosecuted for their actions here. This along with the rumoured and unofficial "police" stations that have been said to hassle Chinese people living in places outside of China, telling them they should return home.
It certainly seems like Xi is clamping down on his citzens at home and now abroard too.

The people of Manchester should post pictures of Winnie the Poo to the consulate gates on a daily basis, just to prove a point!
edit on 17-10-2022 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

This is beyond reprehensible into criminal territory. Those consulate staff need to be fired and English law needs to step in to prosecute, regardless of consulate territory being 'Chinese'
Probably related to Winnie the Ping's speech this week too, pumping up the peons for the CCP.

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

Alas for Diplomatic immunity....an anachronism from a bygone era, and one all nations take advantage of.

That's not meant to justify or excuse this deplorable act.
If it was up to me I'd march in and drag those responsible out and charge them under UK Law.....but it isn't going to happen.
And it wouldn't happen if it happened anywhere else.

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 03:59 PM
link   
But.. but.. they're just protecting Chinese people in other countries.

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

When our (US) beetch ran that kid over, it took a long time for any justice to happen. Sadly, I think the CCP have more sway in the world than anyone. Even though they are sick, disgusting, and evil.

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The consulate have tried to claim the police report of the inccident is wrong and that the protester tried to get into the consulate, also the Chinese foreign ministry have said the same rubbish.

Reuters

Commenting on the incident during a news conference in Beijing, Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Wang Wenbin said: "Disturbing elements illegally entered the Chinese Consulate General in Manchester and endangered the security of Chinese diplomatic premises."

edit on 18-10-2022 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

all the more fun (/sarc)for us that the Osborne/Cameron lot having taken the reigns of the country with Hunt we'll be pivoting back to side with China on things like this.. their golden age..
edit on 18-10-2022 by nickyw because: added sarc to be clear on intensions

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The Chinese authorities are used to dragging people off the streets and beating them up. Not all consulate workers have diplomatic immunity, so the Home Office (or whoever deals with this) are right to insist on some form of process / expulsion.

join