It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swarmed Navy Destroyer Had Its Bridge Illuminated By Mysterious Drones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I've just finished reading this article on The Drive/The WarZone, which I found very interesting and straight away ATS came to mind.
The UAP phenomena made headline news recently and though some could be other worldly, a lot must also be from adversarial countries trying to get data on American naval forces and it's capabilities.
What was shocking was the shear audaciousness of some of these UAV pilots, and also the fact that these events are happening over some very sensitive Naval bases in places like Bangor, Washington which is home to Ohio class ballistic missile submarines and all three of the service's secretive and highly specialized Seawolf class attack submarines, this is also home of major stockpiles of the world's most powerful nuclear warheads. The reports also mention the use of Counter Measure but not what these are.

It also maybe answers the question on why more detailed and higher quality UAP videos or pictures haven't been released, with the possibility that most of the DOD think they are from an "enemy" force and not alien in nature or perhaps some are America's version of this capability.

The Drive

The U.S. Navy has released 35 brief reports regarding various incidents involving its ships and facilities and unidentified small uncrewed aircraft systems, or sUASs, across the entire span of the Pacific between 2016 and 2021. Not all of the reports appear to be notable, and some are clearly innocuous, but others absolutely provide additional evidence of concerning trends that The War Zone has been actively reporting on in recent years.

The 35 released reports all cover what are described as encounters with "Unmanned Aircraft System/Non Traditional Aviation Technology (UAS/NTAT)." NTAT appears to be a term predominantly used by the Department of Homeland Security, rather than the Department of Defense. None of them mention unidentified flying objects (UFO) or unidentified aerial phenomena (UAP), the latter of which is the U.S. military's current preferred term for such things. There do not appear to be any descriptions of extreme performance or otherwise unexplainable capabilities contained within them, either.

Another one of the reports covers an incident on the other side of the Pacific on July 19, 2019, where NCIS agents questioned a Chinese national who had been flying a small drone in the vicinity of the Rainbow Bay Marina near Pearl Harbor on the island of Oahu. "The drone operator... stated that he had just finished visit[ing] the [USS] Arizona Memorial and decided to test out his new drone... [by taking] a view of the sailboats in Rainbow Bay Marina," the report's narrative indicates.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Probably was Iran. If you recall back in 2011 Iran captured a Lockheed Martin RQ-170 Sentinel and spent years reverse engineering the technology.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 11:42 AM
link   

My basic question is, why weren't these drones blown out of the sky? One actually -landed- on the ship? Absurd the Navy doesn't make clear the ships are not to be approached by drones.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
I've just finished reading this article on The Drive/The WarZone, which I found very interesting and straight away ATS came to mind.
What was shocking was the shear audaciousness of some of these UAV pilots, and also the fact that these events are happening over some very sensitive Naval bases in places like Bangor, Washington which is home to Ohio class ballistic missile submarines and all three of the service's secretive and highly specialized Seawolf class attack submarines, this is also home of major stockpiles of the world's most powerful nuclear warheads. The reports also mention the use of Counter Measure but not what these are.

(Bangor, Maine? or maybe Bremerton, WA?)

I guess somebody up the chain of command has decreed leave them alone.
I'd think they'd shoot at least one down out of curiosity.
once this sort of thing starts, precedent has been set, and a change in policy would be confusing.

edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Well, it's Not Iran I believe that is a more than safe bet.
Not Russia though they are one of the only two powers with sophisticated enough tech.
Not North Korea though they would if they could.

Despite others with a grudge that leaves either the US itself testing technology OR CHINA.

Of course, it could be ET but why when they can just turn off Nukes at a distance and abduct and track people like wild animals while they perform there Xeno Anthropological research into the primitive human species down here?

My money is on China though like I say the US definitely does have the capability and could have been performing a test of their own, black budget of course.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

Sounds like it was a Drone swarm-based technology, multiple drones operating both independently and as part of a swarm and gathering intel during their reconnaissance of the US ship.

Though Iran is not totally backward that is probably beyond their technology while China has both the capability of submarines even ones supplied by FISHING fleets which are affectively their hidden navy and also from those very fishing boats.

So, while never say never I'd bank on it being China.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero
I'm not up on my American cities as I'm British, that was what was named in the article and it caught my attention as this is a nuclear stockpile base.

a reply to: LABTECH767

Reading the article, I'm of the opinion that most are Chinese, especially when you take in to cosideration the arrest of Chinese people for flying drones into restricted areas, and as you stated in another post, swarm technology doesn't seem like Iranian tech to me and appears more like Chinese.
edit on 15-10-2022 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I wonder if they're practicing to overload our combat / radar systems

constant challenges in the military sphere

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Maybe the drone that landed was carrying a ROBOBUG payload and now there's cyborg roaches on board snooping secrets.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I suppose you are probably correct, as I read more on the topic it seems Iranian swarming drones never fly home.

posted on Oct, 16 2022 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
I wonder if they're practicing to overload our combat / radar systems

constant challenges in the military sphere

There is no doubt that Drone Swarms will replace Chaff for aircraft at some point and are already developed for electronic warfare purposes as well as spying with micro drones already being used by some militaries, and they are getting ever smaller and more capable.

Very good point.

At the moment cost outweighs effectiveness but there is no doubt they are the future.

It's another area where the real world is beginning to mirror the almost prophetic imaginings of science fiction, remember Dune and it's Hunter Killers and they were far from the first drone weapons envisioned by science fiction authors.

Of course, the danger comes when we have AI's ordering the strikes and running the show for us as that is when it gets really out of hand.

top topics

join