It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Tribute to the Old ATS

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 11:55 PM
link   

if I use iodized salt on my end-of-civilization popcorn will it help with radioactivity?
a reply to: The GUT

(I'm not a doctor, but I slept in a Motel-6 several nights ago...)

From what I understand, this would be better than nothing, but then you risk over-doing the Salt (NaCl) intake, and thus need more water to dilute that. Water not contaminated by fallout will be in shorter supply. If your underground bunker (wink) is massively supplied with fresh uncontaminated water, you'll go through it faster.

Radioactive iodine is a component of fallout. If your body is low on iodine, it will absorb the radioactive iodine, which goes to the thyroid, increasing ones risk of thyroid cancer. If you are consuming a stock of uncontaminated potassium-iodide (KI), you are preventatively giving your body enough iodine to reduce/inhibit the uptake of radioactive iodine. (The potassium in KI, like sodium in NaCl, is an essential neurotransmitter: so the potassium is ok too.) The risk of thyroid cancer from radioactive iodine is greater in young people.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 12:14 AM
link   

creating 3D images in midair using plasma. The technology is meant to create a heat source, drawing hostile infrared-guided missiles away from their targets.

that is interesting.
Government-report-claims-cosmic- and-phantom-UFOs-are-all-over-Ukraines-skies

"plasma imagery on demand" would account for
+ extreme speeds observed, and apparent disregard for inertia
+ presence over cities known to be receiving American military hardware, which are currently at hightened risk of air attacks

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

A valid point

And yet if you see how many issues the church has backtracked on or adopted from contemporary times and still managed to remain relevant then it becomes apparent that they are very skilled at adapting with the times and still appeal to their flock.

I would wager 99% of denominations that are 100 years old or more would be unrecognizable to adherents that were alive a 100 years ago due to keeping up with the times.
edit on 15-10-2022 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

That is an excellent theory and something I came across playing xcom in my younger years.

Do you think that people would be less frightened when presented with such a revelation or more?

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79
Interesting question...

I don't know about the masses but I think an organism to me would be more panic invoking.

Little green men would have to have some freaking amazing abilities if they were to blend in with the population. If they have an ability to shape shift or somehow "glamor" their appearance, there's no reason to panic. They've been in power for centuries and we continue to look up to them and vote for them with almost childlike awe and hope.

Humans playing with organisms and/or micro living things they don't understand ; create viruses that wipe out entire populations, cause mutations with severe unintended consequences, could this be what causes our zombie apocalypse 🤔

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I think the changes the church has made have had an effect. They lost quite a few people. Of course they made the changes to retain people in what they saw as a shift in core beliefs. One of the things that made religion strong was the idea that it was immutable.

I agree, most people from 100 years ago would not recognize modern religion as their own.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 10:22 AM
link   
In the old ATS, you could have an intelligent nondogmatic conversation with someone. Now, so many are obsessed, rigid, and dogmatic…no more curiosity or desire to evaluate or discover things. The radical, mainly right politics, has really depleted this place. I do mainly UFO stuff where some of the old ethic is left.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I've been thinking about making a classic-style thread for some time.

Just gotta get used to the fact that the time spent doing so, might not get the results we want.

I mainly wanted to say hey to the OG's still lurking out there.

Had many a good night's "debating" 9/11 and haarp.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Neither the bible nor every other sacred text hide "ufos." In the bible it is stated the angels and demons fight among themselves in heaven and that the fallen angels have control over Earth for now, or so it is implied. And as it is the grey ones, the race which we have the most encounters with don't seem to care if the human they experiment on suffers and screams his/her lungs in pain and continue to experiment on her/him because they want to be able to make themselves more like us, aka the hybrid race.

As for why would governments like the U.S. hide their existence? Perhaps because a group of elitists have sided with the greys in causing chaos and destruction in the world to control mankind and we have some people, even in ATS, who LOVE such chaos and violence that is being unleashed by globalists with the help of the greys and maybe even with their bosses apparently.

The last time I did research on the greys they seem to work for another race and are more like robots without souls.

edit on 15-10-2022 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The mid to late 90's were the absolute heyday for this site!

It use to be an incredible place to discuss the esoteric instead of arguing about politics.
With all the other sites available, that are dedicated to that stuff already, it's a real shame this site didn't stay on topic.
Yet here I am. (The have actually been a few good posts lately and I appreciate this one very much!)

reply to: 19Bones79

Edited to add: I see that I signed up in 2008. I guess I just lurked for the first 10 years. I know I was on here in the 90s though. That was a hot time for UFO chat, especially after the Phoenix lights.
edit on 15-10-2022 by JonInMichigan because: Add content.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 02:25 PM
link   
This fellow, Kantzveldt, posted some very interesting threads. This one in particular was fascinating:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This group, Forgotten Languages, still posts every day sometimes in languages that are a complete mystery. The detail is amazing. I look at it once in a while and wonder who these people are.
Here's their website: forgottenlanguages-full.forgottenlanguages.org...

Would be great if someone picked up on this topic.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I have been targeted by a UFO, and I captured the UFO on camera on 3/27/21 for more than 4 minutes.

I created a thread here at ATS about it. See below.

I doubt anybody here will agree that what I filmed is a UFO, but I explained the mathematical proof of angular size in my thread. Therefore, I feel I know this was a UFO targeting me, and much of my statements about it are not speculative but matter of fact.

The message I believe the UFO delivered to me, I also interpreted using the mathematics of angular size. It is Revelation 14:4. The number 144.

The subject matter of Revelation 14:4, I discuss explicitly in my below ATS thread. Toxoplasmosis and Orgasms.

Indeed if you come to the same conclusion as me about Revelation 14:4 you should experience a total loss of faith in religion. But I doubt any here will explicitly agree with my conclusion.

As for the subject of mass panic, that seems like different conversation.

Come to think about it, I don't like the characterization of mass panic.

I'd rather say, if the spiritual message of UFOs causes loss of faith in the Church, the business message might cause loss of faith in the State.
edit on 15-10-2022 by InachMarbank because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The old term ATS used alot was, "TPTB".

Well, here we are now.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Great thread Sir.

It mirrors my thoughts on the subject.

To try and add more aspects to an already well thought out and intersting post...

Could an ET race already be and has been, for a long time, interacting with a terrestrial race, human or not... that has dwelled on this planet underground through many cataclysms and evolved past the petty squabbles that seem more prevalent these days... be responsible for the few movies that portray ET's as benevolent benefactors.

I for one will make damn sure, if an alien invasion did happen, that it wasnt us that fired the first shot.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Great thread but I disagree: elites have already lost. It's just a matter of time before their game ends.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Regardless of whether or not we ever have open contact and relations with "ET," if there can ever be any honesty and openness on religion, I believe it would require education through ongoing and relentlessly thorough media coverage, meticulously picking apart the logical deficiencies of everything from Dirt Man and Rib Woman (Adam and Eve) to the Jesus with a sword of Revelation, which of course doesn't seem likely at all, ever. So much for the allegedly "liberal" media. There's nothing more annoying at best and dangerous at worst than someone who professes to know the will/desire of a "God" of which there's no real evidence, let alone proof even exists.

Or hopefully I' m just in a more depressive-pessimistic phase.
edit on 15-10-2022 by Plunkenstein because: addendum

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: mavman
Thank you OP. It's truly sad what has happened to this site/world with politics finding its way to the forefront of so many things.

Stared and flaged.

I don't see why everyone is saying this? THIS time we're in pretty much brings ALL threads in ATS over several years to a head because THIS IS THE WEIRD STUFF. And politics has a lot to do with it, at least on the surface. I'd be worried if no one WERE talking about politics.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: thebtheb

i miss when dissenting opinions were welcome

as was already stated:

'i think the whole UFO subject is just part of a larger phenomena and that ghosts and other high strangeness is linked together in one way or another.

I have seen the glassy orange orbs when i was camping and have seen a smaller black tri as well as crazy zig zagging lights in the sky as well as what people would call poltergeist activity but i would bet all my money that they are all the same thing wearing a different mask so to speak.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

I'll share a little Easter egg with you.

I put this in the 'Grey' area for a few reasons.

1. A tribute to Simon

2.Grey being synonymous with the old timers

3.Its fun to put forth a convincing hypothesis even if it might be completely off the mark, it can't be dismissed as a possibility however slim the chances are. Some of my conclusions are a coin flip at best, but I had some fun with it.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: thebtheb

It is nostalgia for when this was still a gentleman's game,so to speak.

When politics started to headline punches were no longer pulled and perhaps that energy spilled over to other forums as well.

It's like your favorite restaurant being demolished to make way for a McDonald's.

People had their curiosity in common, even if they had different viewpoints.

At least that is the reason I made this thread.

A salute to a time when things were... less complicated.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join