It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dan Crenshaw's 2022 Crenshaw Youth Summit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 01:03 PM
link   

What do people think about this Dan Crenshaw guy?

I personally have a well-tuned gut instinct for phony politicians and ever since he landed on the scene a couple years ago I felt something was off with this guy but didn't know why. Then in more recent times it became clear he's just an establishment lapdog trading on his eyepatch and service record for credibility with the base. But then I saw video of him saying there was "nothing he could do" about J6 defendants locked up without due process and I had I needed to see. No matter what your opinion is on Trump and J6 its objectively undeniable that what is being done to those people is a gross and alarming abuse of power and violation of their rights that is only allowed because of the ongoing brainwashing of people through the media to normalize punishment of political foes, and the lack of courage to stand up to it by the elected representatives. But with Dan it's not that he lacks guts, he doesn't care. He's happy they are in prison, including the one that committed suicide to escape his predicament.

So going on right now in Houston is the Crenshaw Youth Summit. I never heard of this before, but after looking at it I appreciate when things start to make sense by having all the people that set off your BS detector assemble in one place. I'm not politically left or right, historically, though Democrats have made me pretty solidly NeverDem. That's not to mean I'm GOP either. The L/R political spectrum is a canard to put the establishment in the center and separate the different flavors of populists into "extreme" ends so they don't feel they could have any common ground to unite on. The best thing about the Trump presidency was he was an outsider, and the worst thing about the Biden presidency is that he's a lifelong insider. It all makes sense in this paradigm.

This is the start of a Twitter thread by a Texas Tribune reporter covering the event.

Some takeaways I have from this thread:

1) Interesting participants. Crenshaw, Gov. Abbott, Dennis Prager, Rich Lower a National Review columnist, Jordan Peterson, Seth Dillon (CEO of Babylon Bee). An interesting and markedly un-"hip" collection of speakers for a youth event. I'm sure National Review will see a big uptick in subscriptions. Seth Dillon is the money behind the Babylon Bee, not the creators. Conservative, but decidedly not populist.

2) Crenshaw opened the event with a video of him traveling back in time so that Reagan could tell him he's the one to save America. There's a clip of it on the twitter, it's pretty bad. There's some light culture-war humor that seems insincere from a guy who won't use his office to do jack-sh*t about anything but getting more money for Ukraine.

3) a jab at AOC. again, light culture war humor big with the kids. feels like focus group tested stuff to connect with the young conservative market.

4) Jordan B. Peters. I know he's popular, not going to convince anyone he's not. I've seen clips of him talk and he's good but I can't take this guy beyond that. Even back when he was just the guy uploading 3 hour lectures about the Old Testament, it wasn't for me. What I think is interesting here is that he apparently is calling for censorship and regulation of social media and comment sections. Maybe he's speaking from his own experience of being maligned online, but I think this is a suspiciously establisment stance to take. red flag goes up.

5) a session on climate change! and renewable energy. classic GOP tactic of conceding to your opponents agenda with your own khaki-colored version of their policies that you sell as some sort of sane approach while still moving the country toward their agenda. another red flag.

That's most of his reporting so far. What do you think?

Crenshaw Youth Summit website for more info

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: juulzverne

He's a globalist hack.
He supports Liz Cheney.

A perfect product of our broken military Officer corps.

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

He's a globalist hack.
He supports Liz Cheney.

exactly. I wouldn't have been surprised if he had Adam Kinzinger at this event.
he's so tone deaf on issues that could get him support, but I'm glad they make it obvious.

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 01:29 PM
link   

He has no integrity & is another textbook example of politicians who flip flop whichever way the wind blows for their own benefit (at the expense of the rest of us)

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

right. I'm interested in how its seemingly easier to see these people for what they are. maybe its harder to blend in when things became more polarized. but I am sure there was a time when it wasn't easy to tell these people apart. or that could just be recency bias. I remember having that same gut instinct with McCain and Ryan and Romney but not really understanding what was turning me off about their politics. As a child I was into politics, and then was ignorant/agnostic for all of my younger years. But when I was a kid I was drawn to people like Reagan but hated GWB. Loved Perot and Pat Buchanan. That internal guidance system was working all the way back then even if I didn't understand it. Another thing I'll credit to Trump-- making it harder for the phonies to hide. And making people aware that the news can be fake. All positive public services in my mind. Not the first, but got it over with more people for sure.

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The best game plan possible for the DNC is to support RINO's so election outcome doesn't really matter. It seems to be working with the mainstream evening news consumers.

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
The best game plan possible for the DNC is to support RINO's so election outcome doesn't really matter. It seems to be working with the mainstream evening news consumers.

true, but in practice they've been supporting MAGA candidates, I presume because they think they'll be easier to beat. Will be interesting. I do think they are trying to slip fake-MAGA candidates into the mix that will blow themselves up and make the whole populist movement look bad.

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Sorry if I missed it, but Crenshaw is a WEF stooge.

Next?

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I think he’s CIA but what do I know.

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam
Sorry if I missed it, but Crenshaw is a WEF stooge.

Next?

never too late. but here's a video of him from last month getting mad at being called short.

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: juulzverne

What do people think about this Dan Crenshaw guy?

I personally have a well-tuned gut instinct for phony politicians and ever since he landed on the scene a couple years ago I felt something was off with this guy but didn't know why. Then in more recent times it became clear he's just an establishment lapdog trading on his eyepatch and service record for credibility with the base. But then I saw video of him saying there was "nothing he could do" about J6 defendants locked up without due process and I had I needed to see. No matter what your opinion is on Trump and J6 its objectively undeniable that what is being done to those people is a gross and alarming abuse of power and violation of their rights that is only allowed because of the ongoing brainwashing of people through the media to normalize punishment of political foes, and the lack of courage to stand up to it by the elected representatives. But with Dan it's not that he lacks guts, he doesn't care. He's happy they are in prison, including the one that committed suicide to escape his predicament.

So going on right now in Houston is the Crenshaw Youth Summit. I never heard of this before, but after looking at it I appreciate when things start to make sense by having all the people that set off your BS detector assemble in one place. I'm not politically left or right, historically, though Democrats have made me pretty solidly NeverDem. That's not to mean I'm GOP either. The L/R political spectrum is a canard to put the establishment in the center and separate the different flavors of populists into "extreme" ends so they don't feel they could have any common ground to unite on. The best thing about the Trump presidency was he was an outsider, and the worst thing about the Biden presidency is that he's a lifelong insider. It all makes sense in this paradigm.

This is the start of a Twitter thread by a Texas Tribune reporter covering the event.

Some takeaways I have from this thread:

1) Interesting participants. Crenshaw, Gov. Abbott, Dennis Prager, Rich Lower a National Review columnist, Jordan Peterson, Seth Dillon (CEO of Babylon Bee). An interesting and markedly un-"hip" collection of speakers for a youth event. I'm sure National Review will see a big uptick in subscriptions. Seth Dillon is the money behind the Babylon Bee, not the creators. Conservative, but decidedly not populist.

2) Crenshaw opened the event with a video of him traveling back in time so that Reagan could tell him he's the one to save America. There's a clip of it on the twitter, it's pretty bad. There's some light culture-war humor that seems insincere from a guy who won't use his office to do jack-sh*t about anything but getting more money for Ukraine.

3) a jab at AOC. again, light culture war humor big with the kids. feels like focus group tested stuff to connect with the young conservative market.

4) Jordan B. Peters. I know he's popular, not going to convince anyone he's not. I've seen clips of him talk and he's good but I can't take this guy beyond that. Even back when he was just the guy uploading 3 hour lectures about the Old Testament, it wasn't for me. What I think is interesting here is that he apparently is calling for censorship and regulation of social media and comment sections. Maybe he's speaking from his own experience of being maligned online, but I think this is a suspiciously establisment stance to take. red flag goes up.

5) a session on climate change! and renewable energy. classic GOP tactic of conceding to your opponents agenda with your own khaki-colored version of their policies that you sell as some sort of sane approach while still moving the country toward their agenda. another red flag.

That's most of his reporting so far. What do you think?

Crenshaw Youth Summit website for more info

Dan McCainshaw

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 06:32 PM
link   
bitchboy.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 07:15 AM
link   

What do you think?

I think you nailed it.

new topics

top topics