It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Big cat' caught on camera feeding on 'dead sheep' in the Peak District

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I saw this earlier in the week and was tempted to post it but was unsure, I've seen the story pop up a few times now on different sites so I decided to let you guys take a peak and offer your own thoughts on what it could be.

I'm a bit skeptical that it's a panther as I don't think the rest of the sheep would just be lying around if a wild cat was so close, is it just pareidolia that makes what ever "it" is look like a black panther?
The fact that that it's only a few seconds long and they did'nt hang around makes me a little suspicious..

Stoke Sentinel

This was the moment teenagers captured what they believe to be a big cat feasting on a dead sheep in the Peak District. Joshua Williams and his friend captured the footage following a night of wild camping in the countryside.

The pair were making their way from Mermaid’s Pool on Kinder Scout towards Edale on September 26, when they spotted the beast which they say resembled a panther.

Dumbstruck, Joshua got his phone out and started to film. The 17-year-old told StokeonTrentLive: "I was wild camping with a friend in the Peak District and we believe we spotted a wild cat feeding in a field of sheep as we were walking back to Edale station from our camp spot near Mermaid's Pool.

"I managed to capture a video. It is quite hard to tell what animal this may be but we so shocked."

However, some viewers have been left unconvinced by the footage when it was posted on social media, with many believing it shows a bin bag flapping in the wind. One woman said: "A person films three seconds of a black bin bag moving slightly in the wind, convinces themselves Bagheera from The Jungle Book has moved to the Peak District."

Also here
Birmingham Mail

edit on 6-10-2022 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Looks like a black bull cleaning itself

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Why only film for 11 seconds and move on?

Where are the shouts of surprise at witnessing such an anomaly?

Why are the other sheep nihilists?

Why is the puma eating grass?

The shadow is in the right place but there's no identical movement.

Why zoom out and lose more detail of the predator?

Looks like cgi.

Questions a journalist would ask if they weren't only interested in view counts which boosts ad revenue.

It's also a good social experiment to gauge how gullible the general population is, if the media were into social engineering.

edit on 6-10-2022 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 07:36 AM
link   

like you i'm skeptical. i know there are some reports of big cats in the UK, but from what i understand most experts say there aren't.

it really doesn't make sense that the sheep are just laying around, you would think that they would have packed up and run from the area if the cat would have been the that killed the sheep. that's part their defensive instinct is to bunch up they wouldn't be jut laying around willy nilly all over the pasture.

i think it was a couple years ago a video was posted here about here about one been caught on security cameras in a shopping mall there. if i recall correctly it was pretty much determined that it was fake, the cat was real and the mall was real but the cat was imposed onto the mall video footage.

edit on 6-10-2022 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Quick ! a rare unknown creature, film it for 3 seconds and shut off the camera.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 08:27 AM
link   
If I was going to dream something up to debunk this, calling it a bull ‘cleaning itself’ would not be at the top of the list.
I wouldn’t go with, ‘big cats can’t possibly kill a sheep’ either.
ETA: apologies to Allegheny Gentleman.. I zoomed in and it could very well be a bovine, although I can’t go so far as to say that it is a male.
If I had to debunk it, I would say that there is no scale really shown, so it could be a Felix domesticus eating a mouse that it has killed.
edit on b000000312022-10-06T08:30:40-05:0008America/ChicagoThu, 06 Oct 2022 08:30:40 -0500800000022 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Lets have a closer look...

🤣

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Looks like a big cat to me, hard to dispute
Interesting video

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Well, in the story they claim it was feeding on dead sheep when they filmed it, but then why not film the corpse of the sheep after the "panther" had gone?
It's still an interesting video but can't really add more than that.

a reply to: butcherguy

For scale you can clearly see the sheep in the background, if it was a bovine then I would have to say it's more calf sized.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Looks like a Cow licking itself.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I'm not sure on it being a cow because at the beginning of the video they catch the backend of a sheep (on the left of the screen) and what ever it is doesn't seem much bigger.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I watched this in the highest def available. Having experience with big cats, I can tell you all that this isn't a big cat, especially when observing the leg that this animal is using to prop itself up. Additionally, I'm not seeing an expired sheep.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Anatomy looks like a bull. If it were a cat it's definitely been been skipping leg day.

And like what Billxam says cats don't eat in that posture anyways.

Like what AlleghenyGentleman stated up above. It looks like a bull licking itself.
edit on 6-10-2022 by AutomateThis1v2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 10:29 PM
link   

This isn't the first time they've spotted a large black cat In England.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: stelth2

I'm not saying it's impossible, but it would be on the level of cattle mutilations if there were any. I've never seen any evidence of carcasses left over that show signs of a big cat eating them. Surely the person who owns said sheep would be able to verify that there were at least bones left over.

posted on Oct, 7 2022 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

so it could be a Felix domesticus eating a mouse that it has killed.

Most probable explanation, we have feral cats in the wild in the U.K.

posted on Oct, 7 2022 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

I'm not sure on it being a cow because at the beginning of the video they catch the backend of a sheep (on the left of the screen) and what ever it is doesn't seem much bigger.

posted on Oct, 7 2022 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Its a black sheep licking itself, the tail is its front leg stretched out as it bends itself around . The white sheep is behind it.

posted on Oct, 7 2022 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Classic show, those out there are far away.....

Like I said in my opening post, I don't think it's a panther myself either, but you can see sheep are around "it", and "it" is to small to be a bull but maybe it's a calf?
edit on 7-10-2022 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

Why only film for 11 seconds and move on?

Where are the shouts of surprise at witnessing such an anomaly?

Why are the other sheep nihilists?

Why is the puma eating grass?

The shadow is in the right place but there's no identical movement.

Why zoom out and lose more detail of the predator?

Looks like cgi.

Questions a journalist would ask if they weren't only interested in view counts which boosts ad revenue.

It's also a good social experiment to gauge how gullible the general population is, if the media were into social engineering.

Outstanding!

Excellent post.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join