It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The State Funeral of HRH Queen Elizabeth II

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I have a question from a non brit.
I mean this with respect and I'm not trying to be an ass.

What is the big deal with royalty in great Britain?
Is it a sense of loyalty or more of a tradition?

I don't understand the excitement over a bloodline...

Please and thanks
edit on 19-9-2022 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I have a question from a non brit.
I mean this with respect and I'm not trying to be an ass.

What is the big deal with royalty in great Britain?
Is it a sense of loyalty or more of a tradition?

I think it's part of the Human condition , some people need someone to look up to.

I'm not a Monarchist and would be happy to see them step back and make way for an elected head of State but I have respect for the Queen , she was the Queen well before I was born and throughout my life she has been a beacon of light for this country.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 07:34 AM
link   

She provided great strength during the war to the whole nation, she never once said a single word out of place, never once embarrased her nation

As a representitive of our nation she was welcomed across the globe, when she had to step up recently with PA she stripped him of his military titles and use of HRH, she knew no smoke without fire, a smart and relatable lady who will be sorely missed in this world we seem hellbent on destroying.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 07:36 AM
link   

The length of time and service she gave to the nation is worth praise and consideration.

She was not a bad person Bluntone22, and that takes skill given her circumstance.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 07:42 AM
link   
How fitting that "Lioness of Britain" is being carried to her final rest on the back of a Jaguar (hearse).

Understand that Her Magisty always was a "petrolhead" from her days in the military.

Respect.
edit on 19-9-2022 by Mantiss2021 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Most of these responses are just focused on the queen but I was taking more in general.
Yes, she from what I've seen is a pretty great lady but will you all feel the same for Charles when he dies?
Will king harry get this type of respect and if so why?

I remember the hype surrounding the royal wedding and never understood what the big deal was....

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 07:45 AM
link   

it's brainwashing, plain and simple.
Like with all figureheads, some people can't withstand peer pressure and follow the herd like the well-behaved, respectful, and decent sheep they are.

It's cute how offended they get when you didn't fall for the personality cult, and say this is just a person and should be under scrutiny like every other POS that dies... but noooo, how dare you.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 07:45 AM
link   

no one can tell, respect is earned and the Queen earned hers over 7 decades

So will Charles, William etc get the same respect, only time will tell my friend

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 07:46 AM
link   

I would end the monarchy with her Bluntone22 but there is nothing realistic to replace it with.

You cannot just pull apart 1000 years of rule and tradition and expect something else to take its place in a seamless manner.

As to King Charles, looking at the state of his hands, he might not be long for the world nether.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Hecate666

Why are they filming this?

History , it's unlikely we will see another Monarch reign so long , it's a mix of history being made and history being lost at the same time.
The end of an era.

There is much better official footage they can watch later. In the past you couldn't film everything, you relied on your memory and the emotions you felt whilst watching in silence, alone with your feelings. Then you told your grand children what you felt.
Isn't that far more valuable that looking through a phone, instead of contemplating without any extra 'work' where you are and why you are there?

You don't convince me at all with the answer. I still maintain that it is a dumb thing to do and nobody who holds up this idiot device is actually 100% there. They will lie if they say they stood there and went into themselves, because they weren't. The world is seen through a device nowadays. It eats up all emotions.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 07:48 AM
link   

simplest wat of looking at is, its near 1,000 years of struggle to find the right solution including many civil wars, insurrection a couple of goes at being a republic.. its at least 800 years of trial and error to get something people are happy with..

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: gortex

A truly remarkable woman who deserves all the respect and recognition she is getting.

You have heard of optics right? You have no idea what she has been complicit in. 👀

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 07:50 AM
link   

the deal is the confirmation of a system.. that is topped off with a gilded cage..

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Albert999

"optics"?

Watching the funeral.

Have some respect for a Nation in mourning, please.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 07:55 AM
link   

We can still do all that.

We are not idiots.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

"optics"?

Watching the funeral.

Have some respect for a Nation in mourning, please.

Optics, on the whole royal family for decades, Everyone acting like they’re pure as can be. The optics have worked well.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Isn't that far more valuable that looking through a phone, instead of contemplating without any extra 'work' where you are and why you are there?

People took photographs of events before smart phones but now people can record their experience of the event rather than just have pictures , I don't think it interferes with the experience TBH.

That's the world we live in now , the genie is out of the bottle.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Respect is earned, QEII earned the respect that is being shown.

The jury is out on Charles and William, only time will tell.
I guess it depends on how they conduct themselves....they have a hard act to follow.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 08:00 AM
link   

What are you talking about?

Nobody is acting like that.

Andrew has disgraced himself and is widely loathed.

Harry has done himself no favours, either.

(post by cashisking removed for political trolling and baiting)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join