It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taiwan Earthquake Footage

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Here is a compilation of footage from today's 6.5 ish quakes in Taiwan-there have been 2 in the last day,with quite a bit of road/bridge damage and some buildings collapsed.
Look out for the lucky goldfish-

Sept. 18 (UPI) -- A 6.9-magnitude earthquake struck Taiwan on Sunday, around 18 hours after a 6.5 quake struck about 6 miles away with no fatalities reported in either one.
The latest quake hit rural southeastern Taiwan, about 53 miles southeast from Lugu with a depth of 6.2 miles, at 12:44 p.m. Sunday local time, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
The one at 20:41 p.m. local time Saturday was around 60 miles west of Yujing, also with a depth of 6.2 miles, according to the USGS.

www.upi.com...

There are still people being rescued from buildings,but so far no one has died fortunately.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

A Natural Earthquake OR was it China?, the region does have earthquakes but China also has nukes and the ability to set them off underground and even at sea near to fault zones?, of course it probably caused as much damage to the Chinese mainland so likely just a natural earthquake.

God have mercy on those whom have died in this and on there family's and the injured.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 01:46 PM
link   

So , the CCP Finally Activated their " Earthquake Machine " they Stole from the U.S. ? Looks like they are getting Ready to Roll.........

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

So , the CCP Finally Activated their " Earthquake Machine " they Stole from the U.S. ?

If that were the case, I think Arizona would be selling waterfront property.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Even if it wasn't China,I bet at least a few Taiwanese people thought it was for a few seconds.

Look at the multi storey building in the pic here-
I bet that was a scary evac on some very weird angled stairs.

morningexpress.in...

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

An explosion has a characteristic "signature" on the seismometers, they are easy to detect as they start suddenly, while earthquakes start with a short but not instant crescendo.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Been a business as usual month for large quakes.

Besides the connected 6.6 and 6.9 in Taiwan, there was 6.6 in Sichuan, China, a 7.6 in Papua New Guinea, a 7.0 in Vanuatu, and 6.6 on the mid Atlantic ridge. That's a little above average, but not a lot. Every one was on a plate boundary, except the one in China.

World averages per year:

1.5 - 8.0 +
15 - 7.0 - 7.9
150 - 6.0 - 6.9
1500 - 5.0 - 5.9

And it really is all logarithmic like that.

I'm also curious to know why Hugo Chavez' claim about The Haitian quake is believed?

I know it was devastating and all, but Port Au Prince could have been levelled by a 6.0. Probably the nonexistent building codes. And being on or near a plate boundary without the money for safe building.

I'm also curious how they use the frequencies of the ionosphere to trigger pinpoint quakes on specific faults at desired depths? What's the causal mechanism? Because The HAARP earthquake weapon kinda comes off like "the flux capacitor is what makes time travel possible".
edit on 18-9-2022 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I am here in Taiwan , about 100 km from Epicenter. Our two cars were bobbing up and down pretty good. Some of us were thinking it could of been a China quake. Almost on the anniversary of the big 1999 Jiji earthquake that killed 2,4000 people on Sept. 21 1999. Thank goodness not a lot of injuries.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 06:05 AM
link   
That would likely be easy actually. They would have to point the antenna array in such a manner to target the bounce off of the ionosphere to hit the location of the target. That would work if the theory on EQ's with that array and a frequency choice that if properly chosen could generate a fantastic event ala Nicola Tesla. Certainly, I believe it is possible. Like Aliens in a UFO however, I can't say it is 100% a fact. I am willing to entertain the idea as plausible until I see someone that I can say is an Alien from off world. Until then it is a theory to me.

originally posted by: Degradation33

Been a business as usual month for large quakes.

Besides the connected 6.6 and 6.9 in Taiwan, there was 6.6 in Sichuan, China, a 7.6 in Papua New Guinea, a 7.0 in Vanuatu, and 6.6 on the mid Atlantic ridge. That's a little above average, but not a lot. Every one was on a plate boundary, except the one in China.

World averages per year:

1.5 - 8.0 +
15 - 7.0 - 7.9
150 - 6.0 - 6.9
1500 - 5.0 - 5.9

And it really is all logarithmic like that.

I'm also curious to know why Hugo Chavez' claim about The Haitian quake is believed?

I know it was devastating and all, but Port Au Prince could have been levelled by a 6.0. Probably the nonexistent building codes. And being on or near a plate boundary without the money for safe building.

I'm also curious how they use the frequencies of the ionosphere to trigger pinpoint quakes on specific faults at desired depths? What's the causal mechanism? Because The HAARP earthquake weapon kinda comes off like "the flux capacitor is what makes time travel possible".

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Considering the amount of energy involved, I think only a nuclear bomb would be able to trigger an earthquake.

Either that or changing the ground around that area, to change the forces acting on the faults, but that would be a slow process.

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Wasn't there talk a while back about using fluid injection under high pressure into fault lines being also able to trigger fault slippage, over here in the UK in my neck of the wood's up in Lancashire there was some fracking and it stopped after several slight tremors, most of the area affected is built on sand and mud layers (Basically loose aggregates), Southport etc and if a genuine earthquake ever hit the destruction would be catastrophic in such areas as subsidence even in our geologically stable (until they started to frack it) part of the world is already a big issue especially were other sources of ground agitation are found such as alongside the main road into Southport were road traffic can actually cause the ground to act very much like if you put a coin on top of a bucket of sand and then put the sand on top of a washing machine, eventually the coin sink's into the sand and pretty much the same thing for a house built on weak foundations sitting on top of unconsolidated sand layers.

Now to be fair in Taiwan they are really not that far from the ring of fire and geological instability is a big part of that region's natural state.

Undoubtedly this was natural, while I agree with you it though does still remain a possibility to weaponize natural fault lines and of course both the US and of course the Soviet Union once worked toward investigating these capability's.

I think the Soviets eventually settled on just using artificial tsunami's as a weapon though and had a plan to drop Tsar Bomba sized nuked into the mariana trench for example with the potential to great a huge tsunami that would cross the Pacific and wreak havoc on the US and now they have created there so called updated version which is a nuke (probably Cobalt salted) that is designed to create artificial tsunami's much closer to shore fired as a torpedo to be detonated in shallow water near to the intended target region.

But I am pretty certain that if Fracking could cause fault slippage in ancient Dormant fault's such as we have in the UK and the Irish Sea it or a similar technique perhaps much closer to the fault line (and China is taking control of as much of the China Sea as they can) could definitely trigger far less stable and younger fault's such as those found in the region of Taiwan.

Of course I am not saying they are doing anything like this but it is something that Taiwan should be aware of as a potential danger especially if China wanted to soften them up before launching an invasion - perhaps even disguised as first as a humanitarian assistance after such a massive catastrophe in order to obtain a beach head and let's remember China is often willing to sacrifice it's own in order to achieve it's goals as in the cultural revolution and the disaster that brought upon the poorest in China.

edit on 20-9-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 03:59 PM
link   

That's what I was thinking when I mentioned "changing the ground", although my wording was far from good.

As for using earthquakes as weapons, I'm sure there are methods to achieve that, but I doubt anyone would risk doing it to a country relatively close to them, earthquakes are still very unpredictable.

top topics

join