It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufology (1947-2022) RIP

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The field of Ufology is dead. Anybody who thinks otherwise is really not facing reality. We haven’t gathered any hard evidence, aka FACTS, in almost 80 years since Mr. Arnold had his strange sighting.

We’ve had plenty of “entertainment” ranging from Roswell to the Tic Tac video, but is there one single undisputed fact that everybody in the field agrees on that unquestionably advanced Ufology? No!

There are many self proclaimed experts in the field and also here on ATS. My sad advice is: trust no one! Hidden agendas and/or confirmation bias seems to run rampant. There’s also a military/intelligence aspect to Ufology that has made it virtually impossible to get closer to facts.

I believe the UFO/UAP phenomenon is real. I also believe that there are people on this planet that do know what’s going on, but chose secrecy over disclosure. The keepers of the truth seem to be ten steps ahead, pulling strings we can’t even see - in essence making us all useful idiots for their cause.

In closing I’d like to point out that ultimately we are not in control of this phenomenon. Who or whatever is behind the curtain doesn’t want to be revealed. That in itself may be the only truth in Ufology…!

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: CyberBuddha

I believe the UFO/UAP phenomenon is real. I also believe that there are people on this planet that do know what’s going on,

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CyberBuddha

After 80 years I think the majority of people- both believers and non-believers alike- are pretty bored with the whole UFO mythology, but the gov is going to step in and spice it up again!

I a good deal of the sightings are from our own black budget projects, a good cover is still very much needed. If it's truly life forms from another planet and they don't revel themselves or purpose soon, people may see it as a big nothing burger. I don't think it will be good for another 80 years of books, movies and symposiums by any but the most avid believers; there are more pressing issues facing humanity right now, and most people aren't multi-taskers.

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 08:16 PM
link   

The field of Ufology is dead.

Ufology is dead because it's not longer a mystery , UFO's are legit they are real the Government has acknowledged it and that is about as close to disclosure as we will get from the Government.

Now as long as UFO's stay in the sky and remain out of reach they are just that UFO's and they are really not that interesting , now the moment one lands and some Aliens walk out on Camera then everything will change .

and thats the next step , Contact , UFO's are real FACT , Now the next step is Contact.

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Ufology is dead because it's not longer a mystery

UFOs are still Unidentified Flying Objects.
Until they are identified.
The rest is horsefeathers.

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Could it be that they don’t exist?

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I understand your frustration, but it's not "dead" and there's no reason to put an end date of 2022 on it. It's only recently that the TicTac has come to light, along with several other videos. There are now mandated Congressional hearings and reports. The NY Times actually published articles that are not derisive. We've had major revelations such as the Eric Wilson document. There is no longer a "woo woo" reaction to UFO reports, except by the uninformed. Ufology is actually in the best shape it has been in decades. Here's a relatively recent quote that is one of the best "non denial denial" quotes I have read. He is reacting to a journalist who clams "we" have "the right to know."

As I say, it is none of your business. Just to satisfy your curiosity? It is not going to do any damn good except to make you happy. Is that not true? Are we going to change the plans and regulations just to make you happy? If you say you are looking for the truth, you will never get it anyway, so forget it..Why should we bother to spend time and money just to make you happy? Answer me that.

Dr. Eric Walker to a researcher who was trying to make the point that people had no right to know, as related in “Managing Magic; the government's UFO disclosure plan,” by Grant Cameron, Winnipeg, Itsallconnected Publishing 2017, p. 28. Interview of Dr. Walker by Henry Azadehedel, August 18, 1990. ISBN:9-781542-857697.

This is a good example of the fact that "Disclosure" has happened. It's just that most people haven't recognized it.
edit on 9/17/2022 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I'm sorry. But I just can't believe this UAP stuff.

I believe the coming disclosure will be a propaganda game light years ahead of covid. It will be used as an excuse to grab power and control the planet more.

I believe covid was a dry run to check for problems and "disclosure" is the go.

Sorry again. I came here believing, but they are playing the long game.

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Also RIP science.

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 09:04 PM
link   
It's not really dead, it's more like the charlatans are not putting out crap for profit as much as they used to. People like me and other are still asked to go find out what that light in the sky was by people who remember that we used to do that kind of thing.

I think that if anyone believes that UFOlogy is dead, they need to go dig into any local reports and see for themselves how active it really is. It might not be as public as it used to be, but in my opinion that's a good thing for limiting the HOAXers out there.

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Only atheists believe in little green aliens flying around up in the sky in ufo's, because ya know "science"

edit on 17-9-2022 by iamthevirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
It's not really dead, it's more like the charlatans are not putting out crap for profit as much as they used to. People like me and other are still asked to go find out what that light in the sky was by people who remember that we used to do that kind of thing.

I think that if anyone believes that UFOlogy is dead, they need to go dig into any local reports and see for themselves how active it really is. It might not be as public as it used to be, but in my opinion that's a good thing for limiting the HOAXers out there.

So, I guess my thing is, I think the majority are black projects.

I remember the day before the B-2 was unveiled to the public. It flew into Wright-Pat in Dayton. I had a LeBaron convertible, top down. 10:30am. Dust in the Wind was playing. The sky went black as it went overhead. A surreal moment. One I will always remember.

The kicker was, there were UFO reports, that when looked at after that, that would show it was the bomber they saw.

As for those we can't explain....why does everyone jump to aliens? Why can't it be old civilizations that have stayed hidden with old, forgotten tech? Just as plausible to me. And maybe more so.

Not knocking you or your work, I just can't get behind UFOs anymore.

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: iamthevirus
a reply to: Guyfriday

Only atheists believe in little green aliens flying around up in the sky in ufo's, because ya know "science"

"The Science", aka Anthony Fauci, said that Extraterrestrial Aliens are real and possibly unvaccinated.

a reply to: theatreboy

Since the end of spring I have been asked to investagate:
Three cases of Sky Fish. One of which lead to tares in the ground and a cattle mutilation.
Two cases of mystery lights in the sky.
A video of something, that I might be able to post later if I can convince the pilot.
And a case of Alein abduction, which I believe could be due to a medical condition rather than a real abduction.

I'm not even a MUFON Investigator anymore, but many people in First Responder positions still call on me to look into weird stuff from time to time. I live under a test flight area for Boeing so seeing odd things is kind of common, but sometimes people see stuff in the sky or on the ground and it's too strange to be something man made.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 01:42 AM
link   
The vast majority of (UFO/UAP/Whatever the phrase of the day might be) has died down, because people have real cameras in their phones, not the potatoes they used to have.

The videos coming from the armed forces look like they were filmed through a crumpled up and oiled paper bag... How many millions did those cameras cost? Realizing they base ANY kind of intelligence reporting on them is extremely concerning.

There is some good video of sightings over the moon, but nothing earthside has caught my eye for a couple years now.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Those that crash and we from the are probably human constructs.
Those that do not crash and we do not observe and only hear about from abductees are aliens and humans from the future.
95% of online footage of UFO is misidentified normal things.
3% are secret military projects
1% are alien
1% are time travelers

edit on 18-9-2022 by Spacespider because: alien interaction

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

"...Ufology is dead..."

"...and thats the next step , Contact , UFO's are real FACT , Now the next step is Contact."

Ufology is far from dead, it has just morphed because it now has substantiated content. In fact, it is thriving!

The next stage is going to be a lot of fun for the diehards that hung in there.

They will continue to pave the way, as most of us continue to get a free ride, while we bitch about them...

edit on 18-9-2022 by charlyv because: sp

edit on 18-9-2022 by charlyv because: content

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I guess it all depends on what your interpretation of ufology is.

A basic definition is "the study of unidentified flying objects".

Taken on a case by case basis, then ufologist have succeeded in weeding out many misperceptions and hoaxes. Although the grifters are still allowed to operate.Nothing alien or supranatural has been proven.

The biggest problem with the subject is that there are no recognised standards of evidence and too many charlatans, grifters and loonies involved in the subject.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: CyberBuddha
I believe the UFO/UAP phenomenon is real. I also believe that there are people on this planet that do know what’s going on, but chose secrecy over disclosure. The keepers of the truth seem to be ten steps ahead, pulling strings we can’t even see - in essence making us all useful idiots for their cause.

In closing I’d like to point out that ultimately we are not in control of this phenomenon. Who or whatever is behind the curtain doesn’t want to be revealed. That in itself may be the only truth in Ufology…!

Don't those 2 paragraphs contradict each other slightly ?

Who do you think are these "keepers of the truth" ?

As others have said ufology certainly isn't dead and you could argue it is actually in a healthier position than ever, certainly in terms of MSM reporting attitudes. I think the breakthrough will come when it is accepted that ufo's are one aspect of a wider phenomenon, whether that is a gradual acceptance after research / time or from some technological means.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 07:11 AM
link   
It's not dead - it's just that world governments know they cannot do anything about them -
Ukraine is now full of them, they are watching our planet continually.
I saw one myself 25 years ago, they are Real and they are here. It was huge and hovering above us. Their speeds are staggering, we cannot keep up with them.
There is no mistaking the fact that they are another civilization's technology

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: iamthevirus

Nor true. There are many who believe in angels with technology.

Also, Ufology is dead. It's now Uapology, which changing things like that has to be a troll at our expense, so nothing has changed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join