It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Going after all things Trump

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Touche

Let me rephrase, under the constitution and rule of law, we don't investigate people in search of crimes.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77
a reply to: TzarChasm

Or maybe he did what was best for the country as to not act as a fascist and arrest and jail political opponents, like the Biden led democrat party, DOJ and FBI are currently doing while calling the other side fascist.

Cop out post.

However, I'll fan that flame as well.

He likely listened to dinks like Barr for that exact same reasoning.

Unfortunately Trump doesn't hire the best people and really was his downfall. The question becomes then is it excusable to keep giving him a pass for that tendency.

Like anything broaching the constitution, appointments shouldn't be taken lightly.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I think you are right. He was after the perks, the job security.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: Ravenwatcher
Republican leadership in the house and senate have a vested interest in keeping Trump and his allies out of the WH, or any other office they can. This is why they aren't "lifting a finger". Instead, they have joined forces with the dems to that end.

This is also why you haven't heard much, if anything, about this... Democrats have spent more than $53M boosting far-right candidates in primaries

Democrats are estimated to have spent more than $53 million across nine states boosting far-right candidates in GOP primary elections in an effort to give the party a better chance at securing victories in November.

For those who question this, take a look at some of Mitch McConnell's remarks about "low quality candidates". He has made it indirectly clear that MAGA and/or non-establishment candidates is what he means by "low quality".
edit on 9/13/2022 by Klassified because: spell-ing

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

What perks? The stress?

He was living a pretty good life without being POTUS.

He didn't even take a salary as POTUS, what a perk, huh?

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Like being slandered by the media everyday, those perks?
Like being investigated for the past 6 years, those perks?
Like having the house speaker and his general go behind his back to subvert his leadership, those perks?

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Right, it wouldn't be hard at all. But did the Examiner staff do that? Print out those names? Nope. Did either your or I delve into it to find them?

My point here K was that there was also NO mention of those donations from the candidates themselves. I can understand that in the case of Cheney and Kinzinger as found here

www.ft.com...

however a search for more info on the amounts mentioned for far-right candidates is very scarce.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

The paltry sum of his potus salary??? Hah, a pittance by his standards. Like tossing out a couple of mini-Mikly-ways while keeping a grocery bag full of the good stuff for himself.

And the perks, please? Perks for Trump is people bowing to him and calling his name and laughing at joke after joke after stale joke that he tells in rally after rally. Hie PERK is believing he is on the top of the world.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Like having the house speaker and his general go behind his back to subvert his leadership, those perks?

Not those perks J. Those things you mentioned came as a bonus because he was not smart enough to avoid them. He put himself up there and expected everyone to snap to attention like his family and those in his pay. Maybe he thought everyone would just bend the knee, but they didn't did they.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 01:17 PM
link   

So we agree those things happened, still happening.

I hardly call those perks and knowing now how many knives are at his back, regardless of if he helped point them there, you think that weight is worth the reward?

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 01:17 PM
link   

he clearly needed the money.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

What perks? The stress?

He was living a pretty good life without being POTUS.

He didn't even take a salary as POTUS, what a perk, huh?

The clout. Money doesn't buy immortality but the presidency is pretty damn close.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 01:27 PM
link   

It's almost like you have to be a raging unapologetic masochist to campaign for a federal office or something. And by or something, I mean an attention whore.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 01:29 PM
link   

That would be the singular reasoning, narcissism, that could prove your point.

However, given all observable actions, even if you believe Trump to be a narcissist, which I do to an extent, the level some think him to be at, doesn't match what he has done or plans to do.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

So we agree those things happened, still happening.

Of course we agree they are happening. But why are they happening.

They are happening because in 2016 he promised to drain the swamp, put his opponents in jail(Clinton) and dump the powers that be. He didn't do any of that but rallied a bunch of fans to his cause. And because he failed, of course they are after him. I thought that was well enough understood by now.

I hardly call those perks and knowing now how many knives are at his back, regardless of if he helped point them there, you think that weight is worth the reward?

Do I think it is worth the reward? Ya don't see me promising anything on the national stage do you? Of course I don't but Trump? Apparently he did and does.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Theres a whole lot of supposition and abit of psychic ability there Terry.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 01:48 PM
link   

That would be the singular reasoning, narcissism, that could prove your point.

However, given all observable actions, even if you believe Trump to be a narcissist, which I do to an extent, the level some think him to be at, doesn't match what he has done or plans to do.

I didn't see him do anything exceptional. He was critically acclaimed for being a TV personality, for maintaining a halfway reasonable international code of ethics, for solidifying border restrictions and for helping the economy back on its feet. The administrative equivalent of completing inventory. That's year 1 crap and he stretched it all the way through his tenure like he was counting on 8 years to do 4 years of clean up. Definitely a legacy move and not something he had written on his vision board as a natural consequence of his last 20 years of career antics.

Don't get me wrong, I have far less enmity for him than for "the other guy" in the white house presently, but I can't lie and say he was ever a great choice for president. Just my plebeian evaluation. And FWIW, my plebeian evaluation also disagrees with basically the entire philosophy and methodology of our current sociopolitical climate.

edit on 13-9-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
I can't believe this is going on in plain sight and no one is doing anything about it the Dems are using the DOJ as a political weapon and should be stopped asap - Crazy to just sit and watch this ..

"DOJ issues more than 30 subpoenas to Trump associates: source
The DOJ also seized the phones belonging to two top Trump advisers"

The dozens of new subpoenas mark a rapid escalation in pressure applied to the Trump camp by the DOJ.

Why is no one lifting a finger and asking for answers ?

Source Fox

Possibly another Partisan ruse to create more chaos.
🐟🐠

(CNN Article) "according to multiple sources familiar with the matter"

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Doing nothing exceptional and narcissism go hand in hand?

Hey, I'm willing to agree here but you have to overcome the allegation of high narcissism, yes subjective, but I think you get the point.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Trump had all the clout anyone could ever want without being POTUS. That's absurd, he was already a household name. and as rich as anyone would care to be. LOL, clout, LOL

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join