It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planning to enter Canada? Do you argee to share your medical information with unknown parties?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Sign the petition to Abolish ArriveCAN Forever.

ArriveCAN is the Canadian federal government's mandatory app that must be used to enter Canada.

When introduced, it was ostensibly designed to "help" Canadians by making it easier to provide proof of vaccination prior to boarding a flight.

But in recent days, it has become clear the federal government intends to implement the app permanently, and even expand its use to cover other border control issues.

On Tuesday, the app's website was updated to change the description of the purpose of the app.

"It only takes minutes to help keep each other safe" was removed and replaced with "ArriveCAN is not only keeping travellers safe, but is part of our ongoing efforts to modernize our border."

Then, just today, the app was updated to add the ability to fill out a CBSA Declaration, in addition to vaccination status.

from the government website

Personal information may be disclosed to contractors working for the Public Health Agency of Canada and Service Canada as well as to the following entities: other government institutions, as well as provincial, territorial, municipal governments or international health organizations as well as their institutions for these purposes.

Personal information may also be used for program evaluation. In other limited and specific circumstances, personal information may be used and/or disclosed without consent in accordance with section 7 and subsection 8(2) of the Privacy Act.
source

As this effects everyone entering Canada, does everyone here feel it is acceptable to have this level of traceability to cross a border?

Do you think every country should have a similar app for public health?

Of course it only applies to people legally entering the country.

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: puzzled2

We live on the border and have been back and forth a few times. Eh, they have your plate number, your passport or enhanced ID info, could probably obtain your Vax status anyway. The governments already have access to pretty much everything we do, probably with agreements to share if necessary, so no it hasn't stopped us from traveling to Canada or overseas.

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Living in Michigan, I have friends that go back nd forth to see relatives in Canada, but they are the type to do whatever the govt says.
personally I'm staying out until they drop all covid related mandates.

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Zrtst my wife and I are also in Michigan not far from the border. We are also avoiding Canada just for that reason. Her aunt and uncle are the “do whatever the government says without question”, it’s alarming. The only exception is that her uncle is from Canada and has a lot of family over there. So he had to do what he had to do otherwise he would miss valuable time with aging relatives.

edit on 12-9-2022 by ManSizedSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Really glad I did all my travelling years ago. No more bullsh*t like this to deal with.

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Ive been to Canada a couple of times. The last time I spent a week or two in Banff. Im glad I went long ago, and do not plan on ever going back. Their requirements are out of the question. I dont care for their leadership

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

Complying doesn't stop you. The government does have in various databases the information BUT privacy stops them from sharing it.

The app grants them permission to share the information with anyone else and monitor and track via phone gps.

If you someone who would comply with the orders of government without question then have history has shown that governments are able to use that compliance to pass laws that restrict every aspect of life.

When do you think you would draw the line?
Historical would you be someone loading the trains to Auschwitz or pretending it wasn't happening?

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: puzzled2
When introduced, it was ostensibly designed to "help" Canadians by making it easier to provide proof of vaccination prior to boarding a flight.

That's the problem with apps and other specific aids created for COVID. Once they exist, there's no end to how far they'll take it. Who knows where this will be in 15 to 20 years.

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 07:18 PM
link   

edit on 12-9-2022 by gb540 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 07:46 PM
link   

You really think any kind of privacy is really stopping any government from doing what they want? I'm doubtful. And to be honest, I'm not sure what they can learn about me that they can't by knowing my license plate and passport number. Plate readers and security cams can track me if they are so inclined. They want to share I had the vaccination. So be it. My doctor knows, my work knows, you here at ATS know. They know when I travel other places out of the country. My phone tracks me, my car tracks me. I'm not going to stop living or live in fear of movement.

That's quite a jump to assume I would be loading trains putting people to death. I don't hunker down, afraid of people, afraid of people different than myself, thinking those who are different are any kind of enemy.

posted on Sep, 13 2022 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

So were is the limit to the government mandates that you would not comply with?
using the historical 1936 to 1944 treatment of non-compliant members of society as an example.

It was the German government that told them that it was for the protection of society that ended with the people loaded onto to the trains.

The app tracking compliance is doing the exact same thing sow the seed that a portion of society is unclean and a danger to all.

Is there a difference between the start of1937-1940 identifying and demonizing a portion of society?
Carrying papers to travel then and now carrying an app to travel.

Do you agree with this -
Cross the border when not vaxxed for a sars-cov-2 virus - get locked up ( quarantined ) for 14 days and for the safety of society get tested and prove your safe.
Didn't use the app may receive a $6200 fine.

Final question do you think it's fair that if your not "up-to-date" with boosters you get treated as not-vax?

join