It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Into the breach

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Im a human on Earth
Im ignorant in many facets
I only entertain logic & reason
Im not religious
I dislike all radical ideas
I question everything through empirical thought
I abstain from voting
Im not right
Im not left
I call all darkness out
I call all light out
Intent is my mother
Plants are my teachers
I am constantly learning
Im no expert
Im a true Polymath
I support our rights
I love America
Hate Fascism
Hate Communism
Pro Cannabis
Pro dissociative plant substances
Flunked out of High School
Born in 1970
Horrible at spelling
Retired early as an independent international book broker & seller
Traveler
Bibliophile
Beyond well read
Audiophile ( 2 channel only )
Cinephile
Noir fan
Boxing fan
Accomplished pool player
Love Ford Mustangs
Jewish women are the best looking imo
Failed at many things in my life
Occultist
Pugilist
Man Alone
Sleep rolled up in a floor rug ( Kant style )

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Thailand now is a cool place to live.

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BaseHead

Welcome to ATS. It will be interesting to see if and how any of your claimed attributes might change from how you describe them.

Cinephile? Got any recommendations on new releases? And how about one or two of your personal oldies and goldies....

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Welcome. Love Mustangs too but old Cougars more.

Not too keen on the latest electric SUV Mustangs, tho.

An abomination.

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Welcome to ATS. It will be interesting to see if and how any of your claimed attributes might change from how you describe them.

Cinephile? Got any recommendations on new releases? And how about one or two of your personal oldies and goldies....

Mystic Pizza is excellent as is all of PTA’s films .
Oldies & Goldies : A Women Under The Influence & The Long Goodbye are two of my favorite older films
Late 50s forward, but the 70s was the hay day of film imo

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Welcome. Love Mustangs too but old Cougars more.

Not too keen on the latest electric SUV Mustangs, tho.

An abomination.

I love the Cougar .. rare car for sure .
It’s sad that in the future we won’t get to hear V8 growling from Super Snakes ..
Gas motors will only be for the rich very soon ..
Ill never forget hearing a Cleveland 351 wearing hooker headers & a cam go by me as a kid … just awesome power

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 01:26 PM
link   

My dream car would be a 69 Roadrunner.

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I had a Cougar, but it was only one of these:

images.app.goo.gl...

Nice car though. Until it died.

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 01:44 PM
link   

My dream car would be a 69 Roadrunner.
I had a Dart with a 383 in her & she hauled ass .
The old B body Dodges were awesome.
67 gtx oh man .. my uncle had one & what a car it was .. it had the Hemi as well … one drunk night he totaled it … he walked away with the win , no scratches & no more car lol
The good days

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I had a Cougar, but it was only one of these:

images.app.goo.gl...

Nice car though. Until it died.
I forgot about those .. cool car

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Strangely, not a V8, but I have, and I've had her for 20 plus years now, an 89 MX5. Or Miata as they're called over the pond.

In Candy Apple Red.

Great drivers car, it's like a Lotus Elan that doesn't break down and leak oil over our drive all the time.

Apparently, Mazda bought a couple of Elan's, shipped them to Japan and reengineered them.

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Strangely, not a V8, but I have, and I've had her for 20 plus years now, an 89 MX5. Or Miata as they're called over the pond.

In Candy Apple Red.

Great drivers car, it's like a Lotus Elan that doesn't break down and leak oil over our drive all the time.

Apparently, Mazda bought a couple of Elan's, shipped them to Japan and reengineered them.
Nice ride .. Mazda Rotary motors sound like heaven to me

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: BaseHead

In Candy Apple Red.

Nice ride .. Mazda Rotary motors sound like heaven to me
You in Britain ?

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Yes. England.

But it's not a Rotary engine.

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 02:24 PM
link   

It's one of these:

www.ebay.co.uk... &media=COPY

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Yes. England.

But it's not a Rotary engine.
Awesome
My top Brit cars are the : Lotus Carlton , Jensen Interceptor & TVR Sagaris also a big time Scalextric fan
edit on 9-9-2022 by BaseHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Hello There to " BaseHead ", and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community!

For now, you can reply to any thread in any of the forums of your choosing, as well as send & receive Private Messages (PM's) to Staff (only for now). Once you have achieved 5 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Here's some handy links, important must read links (and more links).

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read, we take these very seriously and so should you!).

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum A cornocopia of almost every thing a new ATS Freshman would want under one roof.

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice This section includes how to Contact Staff, make Alerts and help maintain the ATS Discussion Etiquette.

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Great information as we want your thread to get the visibility it deserves, so make sure you've got great content backed-up with links (so we can see it for ourselves), and then add your thoughts on the subject matter.

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS. Before you link a website in your post or thread, please read this.

How to upload an avatar/profile picture with instructions and so much more .

Uploading Pictures unto Post-2013 ATS, Serving up member's pictures and snapshots since the retooling of ATS back in 2013, and here's a little secret on your Picture uploads. Always make sure they 'end' with one of these three formats; jpg, gif, png... (a jpeg needs to be changed to .jpg to be accepted as only 3 letter formats are accepted).

Take your time and enjoy, ATS is a pretty large place

There's a lot of great spots to explore and share your comments in. Being this large it's safe to say that not everyone is going to agree with what you might say. And actually that's a good thing as this allows all voices, theories and ideas to come out for discussion.

But be aware that sometimes, people's conviction's can get the better of them and they might attack the person and not the subject being discussed. This is when the T&C's are your friend and on your side. Please notify us of 'their offense' immediately by using the complaint/alert feature. To report an offense, find the little "top-torso-person silhouette" to 'click-on' in their avatar/meme area, make sure the post that your wanting to alert us about is where you click 'that alert' from. These reports are reviewed by staff as we take all complaints and Alerts seriously.

Some areas will require a thicker-skin for discussion and debating and they can get rather heated (in certain arenas). Other areas require you having an open-mind and a need to consider thoughts and theories that don't fit the 'norm'. If you like to tip-toe in to darker areas, you'll find 'like-minded' and curious members that are also into UFO's, the Paranormal, Cryptids and Conspiracies.

There's also places to just chill and cool-down from all the craziness and frustrations of this wild world. Whether it's showing off your artwork in Member Art, or sharing a piece of music you like or created in the Music forum. Maybe you'd like to toss in your "2 Cents" in the General Chit Chat forum.

If you like to read (and compose) good stories, there's a few places for the "mighty fine creative minds" of ATS to hang out at.... including one my favorites the "Short Stories" forum.

And finally... remember these words as "you" are responsible for "your" posts, so please..... " Post unto others as you would have them post unto you ! "

Johnny Anonymous,
Staff-Moderator.

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Interesting. I have seen neither of those two movies. I will keep a watch for them as I like Turner Classic Movies a lot. I much prefer movies from the 70s over the 80s , say. I think my favorite genre is film noir. Little messaging or deeper meaning in them, little symbolism to try and figure out, just plain here's the story and take it or leave it. As well I like the black and white productions,lots of great shading and facial studies.

top topics

join