It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The speech of Vladimir Putin at Eastern Economic Forum 2022

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92
a reply to: dollukka

I know you are hoping and are hoping for a revolution and regime change to get rid of Putin and its allies.

Russia is not the one facing economic hardships as heavily as Europe is with its rising living of costs which as usual your democratically elected politicians have no solutions for them.

There is some illusion into believing that the LNG gas and oil supplies would replace the Russian gas and oil supplies that might be however.

The cost of the LNG for the ordinary people of cheaper gas and oil is not going to be the same.

Therefore the situation with the gas and the prices of them does not change with the new supplies.

It seems that Russia has bigger inflation rate.. Do you know what inflation is ? and how it shows in your wallet?
I guess you just ignored it because you do not want to talk about it ?

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

I know you are hoping and are hoping for a revolution and regime change to get rid of Putin and its allies.

Russia is not the one facing economic hardships as heavily as Europe is with its rising living of costs which as usual your democratically elected politicians have no solutions for them.

There is some illusion into believing that the LNG gas and oil supplies would replace the Russian gas and oil supplies that might be however.

The cost of the LNG for the ordinary people of cheaper gas and oil is not going to be the same.

Therefore the situation with the gas and the prices of them does not change with the new supplies.

It seems that Russia has bigger inflation rate.. Do you know what inflation is ? and how it shows in your wallet?

Russians seem to be doing just fine.

Europe is suffering immensely especially western Europe.

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: turretless

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
How is it that Putin always seems, in his speeches, to be more intelligent and down to earth than all the western leaders combined.

He appeared at the head of the country at a time when the trust of the population in the government was greatly weakened by previous rulers.

Therefore, he had to earn this trust by a real analysis of the problems of society and not by the proclamation of slogans.

And his means of doing that was to ensure that everyone who disagreed with him was imprisoned, poisoned, or fell out out a 3rd floor window.

It's so much easier to trust a megalomaniac dictator when you clearly know the consequences of not doing so

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Russians are used to having nothing. Most of Europe is still on holiday.

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

My winter is quite warm and cozy because my house is not dependent of Russian energy.

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
a reply to: turretless

Switching to Rubles and Yuan for carbons exports is going to hurt the West. A simple tactic yet so obvious I can't get over it hasn't happened as yet.

Putin spoke only about Gazprom.

As for Russia as a whole, de-dollarization in relations with China has been going on for several years.

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 09:38 AM
link   
And how is that going ? West is not using rubles.
edit on 7-9-2022 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew

How is it that Putin always seems, in his speeches, to be more intelligent and down to earth than all the western leaders combined.

He appeared at the head of the country at a time when the trust of the population in the government was greatly weakened by previous rulers.

Therefore, he had to earn this trust by a real analysis of the problems of society and not by the proclamation of slogans.

And his means of doing that was to ensure that everyone who disagreed with him was imprisoned, poisoned, or fell out out a 3rd floor window.

It's so much easier to trust a megalomaniac dictator when you clearly know the consequences of not doing so

These are the tales of Western propaganda.

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew

Russians are used to having nothing. Most of Europe is still on holiday.

Rubbish. And most of Europe is back at school and work. Holidays, if they didn't get their flight cancelled. The only reason most could afford it is because it was paid for a year ago.

People are either blind or stupid if they think Europe isn't struggling.

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 09:47 AM
link   

And how is that going ? West is not using rubles.

If that was your question to me, then I can't answer.

Because I am not an expert on the financial mechanisms of the economy and therefore I cannot say exactly how Russia is getting rid of dollars.

It probably buys something for dollars from those countries that still trust this currency.

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Right, thanks for the heads up Turretless
It's still amazing Gazprom have been trading in the currency of essentially the enemy until now. Fair play to the Russian's seeking more liberty and independence of action.

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Another piece of speech appeared on the presidential website.

I especially like this part:

Let me give you an example. Most of the ships – you all know very well how high passions have been running, how much has been said about the need to facilitate the export of Ukrainian grain at all costs, to support the poorest countries. And we certainly had no other choice but to respond, despite all the complicated developments taking place around Ukraine. We did everything to ensure that Ukrainian grain was exported, and we certainly assumed – I met with the leaders of the African Union, with the leaders of African states and I promised them that we would make every effort to uphold their interests and would facilitate the export of Ukrainian grain.

Russia did it together with Turkey. We did it. And I would like to report the result to you, colleagues: if we exclude Turkey as an intermediary, all the grain exported from Ukraine, almost in its entirety, went to the European Union, not to the developing and poorest countries. Only two ships delivered grain under the UN World Food Programme – the very programme that is supposed to help countries that need help the most – only two ships out of 87 – I emphasise – transported 60,000 tonnes out of 2 million tonnes of food. That's just 3 percent, and it went to the developing countries.

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Let me give you an example. Most of the ships – you all know very well how high passions have been running, how much has been said about the need to facilitate the export of Ukrainian grain at all costs, to support the poorest countries. And we certainly had no other choice but to respond, despite all the complicated developments taking place around Ukraine. We did everything to ensure that Ukrainian grain was exported, and we certainly assumed – I met with the leaders of the African Union, with the leaders of African states and I promised them that we would make every effort to uphold their interests and would facilitate the export of Ukrainian grain.

Russia did it together with Turkey. We did it. And I would like to report the result to you, colleagues: if we exclude Turkey as an intermediary, all the grain exported from Ukraine, almost in its entirety, went to the European Union, not to the developing and poorest countries. Only two ships delivered grain under the UN World Food Programme – the very programme that is supposed to help countries that need help the most – only two ships out of 87 – I emphasise – transported 60,000 tonnes out of 2 million tonnes of food. That's just 3 percent, and it went to the developing countries.

I heard about this today on the news and wasn't surprised at all. Europe must be really struggling if its taking basic food away from starving Africans. Or they just don't care.

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 10:03 AM
link   

“The problem is, there's not really a good alternative to the dollar at this point,” Mankoff said. “There's no other currency that is convertible to the extent the dollar is and has a deep liquid securities market behind it so that you're not taking on big exchange rate risks by doing business in it.”

While the use of non-dollar currencies for settlement keeps cash flowing into Russian coffers, he said, “The problem is the money can't really flow out. Or, it can't flow out to buy the things that Russia needs, which are restricted because of sanctions.”

Russia cannot import many of the consumer goods that its citizens had been used to purchasing, which has eroded living standards. Additionally, Russia cannot import semiconductors and other high-tech components needed for domestic manufacturing operations.

In the end, Mankoff said, Russia’s options are starkly limited if it remains cut off from most global markets, and economic conditions are likely to get worse.

“Manufacturing, anything kind of high-tech related, and that includes military goods, is going to get harder and harder,” Mankoff said. “If this war is still going on six months or 12 months or longer from now, I think you're going to see the impact of these restrictions increasing over time.”

LINK

Time will tell but it surely looks like Putin took too big a bite to bite.

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 10:06 AM
link   

It's still amazing Gazprom have been trading in the currency of essentially the enemy until now. Fair play to the Russian's seeking more liberty and independence of action.

As far as I understand, almost the entire world used to live within the framework of the global dollar system.

And even if the US is your enemy, then suddenly and quickly you cannot get out of this system without extreme shocks.

Therefore, Russia, China and Gazprom are implementing this transition gradually (step by step).

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I heard about this today on the news and wasn't surprised at all. Europe must be really struggling if its taking basic food away from starving Africans. Or they just don't care.

Unfortunately, this is likely to begin within Europe when the crisis reaches a certain level.

Do you remember how it was recently? - US accused of 'modern piracy' after diversion of masks meant for Europe

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 10:28 AM
link   

As far as I understand, almost the entire world used to live within the framework of the global dollar system.

And even if the US is your enemy, then suddenly and quickly you cannot get out of this system without extreme shocks.

Therefore, Russia, China and Gazprom are implementing this transition gradually (step by step).

Thanks for the heads up Turretless and explanation
I never realised that these transitions take time, yet thinking about it yes know exactly where you are coming from. Must be a really complicated exercise to throw off the Dollar or any other currency yet long term it will get you guys true independence for better or for worse. Thanks

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 10:33 AM
link   

One looks at Iran sanctions and it did them no end of good in rekindling their defence domestic manufacturing. Same with Japan and Germany pre war, helped them develop local industries rather than import. long term the sanctions will definitely help Russia's military become independent of foreign parts, indeed this might well be the perfect balancing of the economy away from relying on carbons

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Time will tell but it surely looks like Putin took too big a bite to bite.

Ok.

Time will tell.

I do not consider Jeffrey Mankoff whose opinion you posted as an expert in economics.

I do not see anything related to the economy in his biography - www.csis.org...

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Thanks for the heads up Turretless and explanation
I never realised that these transitions take time, yet thinking about it yes know exactly where you are coming from. Must be a really complicated exercise to throw off the Dollar or any other currency yet long term it will get you guys true independence for better or for worse. Thanks

Putin spoke about independence in the same speech:

Russia is a sovereign state. We will always protect our national interests while pursuing an independent policy, and we also appreciate this quality among our partners, who have demonstrated their reliability and responsible attitude in the course of our trade, investment and other types of cooperation over many years.
Russia is just about the only country that is completely self-sufficient in terms of natural resources, and the Far East plays a substantial role here.
We have already protected the resource extraction industry from unfriendly actions. From now on, only companies with Russian jurisdiction have the right to develop natural resources in Russia.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join