It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Once upon a world of old.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The people have no shame, no dignity, no perspective and absolutely no standard of hypocrisy. They actively resist critical thinking, self reflection or empathy and have indoctrinated themselves into viewing disagreement as ontologically evil. They lie, suppress and twist facts and feel justified for doing so because they think they're on the right side of history.

They define harassment as judgement.

They want to dictate how you react to them.

They demand the ability to sanitize their internet history.

Cloudfare just set a precedent, that other providers will follow. Its ok to seize a website and shut it down on false accusations.
This will effect every independent content creator down the road, as all it will take to kill a site or a business is a harrasment mob who had their feelings hurt by words or mocked for their weird behavior they publish for everyone to see.

When they say “freedom of speech doesn’t mean freedom from consequences”, what consequences do they mean? The consequences for speaking about what they don’t like?

This kind of censorship and control of the language is what breeds tyrants. To quote George Orwell’s 1984, “If you can control the language, you can control the thought.” Violence. Say something we don't like and you'll receive the consequences that is violence.

Seems like a lot of you are having trouble grasping the concept that we now live in a post-factual society. "If only they knew the truth, they'd change their minds," you say to yourselves, but no, the truth is just wishful thinking these days, because the narrative conquers all. And the only way to end the narrative is to come up with a more attractive narrative, which, being a narrative, is just as big a lie as the narrative it replaces.

We must find a way to return our society to a condition where things like facts, proof, and truth matters again.

Nothing has been won. We have all lost. The dropkiwifarms campaign was not about protecting the vunerable. It was about serving the sickened ego of Clara Sorrenti and the egos of those around her. Resorting to dirty tricks, manipulating facts and rasing money based on fraudulent claims.

What began as petty squabbles between social media influncers has now impacted the world at large. And this is NOT accptable. This crusade to ostracize Kiwi Farms and other online platforms targeted by Clara should not be tolerated.

Speech, the freedom of thought and truth is precious and should be defended.
edit on 6-9-2022 by Tindalos2013 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 03:20 PM
link   
In times of universal deceit, speaking the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

And revolution will not be tolerated.

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Quite a few people seem to think that others have a "lack of critical thinking skills" or a "lack of common sense," though thy have quite enough themselves and are always willing to offer it to others. I see no evidence. I think what this really means is that others don't agree with you.

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 05:07 PM
link   
These are dreadful times -
In the good old days, everybody had a job or was attending school with a future direction, and a part time job to help pay for that schooling, English was mandatory, good jobs were available and medical insurance came with those jobs, it was easy to find a decent apartment or purchase a home, gas prices were normal, anyone wishing to come to our country had to apply and have the appropriate paperwork and a sponsor, there was no such thing as existing here illegally on welfare, in other words the good life was in reach for Americans willing to work for it.
Today we are censored to death - scared to say anything about anything, lest we offend someone. Forced to work to the age of 70 for full Social Security benefits, while illegals collect our welfare for life and live off us, and politicians are busy calling us names while trying to control us.
Get this nonsense out of power, Vote Republican and let's all get back to normal!!

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Tindalos2013

The world is going to hell on a rocket at this rate.

As a Christian we are told to all obey laws were and when they do NOT go against our Lords instruction and our Faith, this man was only obeying the Lord and his Faith and he has been JAILED for it by those that put there law ABOVE GOD.

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I wondered if this was on the radar here and if they knew the truth about what has been highly manipulated by the media and promoters.

Anybody looking for a canary in the coal mine, this is the last of them.

From here on out the cancellations only get worse. I've been warning about this for a while.

This is the culmination of the tightening of the noose. Precedent has been set, but this is the first time I'm aware of it's been used simply to silence truth about an Internet pseudoceleb by removing an entire site. There is not accusation with any credibility that any law was violated by the platform and there was no lapse in moderation. A nobody that has a bunch of identity flags that make them immune to criticism simply plays victim, broadcasts it to their audience, then profits off the victimhood. They will ride this until they're told no or jailed for the crimes discussed openly. This is often to the great applause of the same people calling everybody transphobes for being against drag in schools and against allowing surgical treatment in children for a condition that is often transient.

In this case they were false flagged, with an outlandish comment made, screenshot taken, then deleted before disseminating to Cloudflare. The time it took for a response on the site took far less time than much of the violent content posted to the popular mainstream socials. Let's not forget some socials allowed for Russian hate to appease mindless drones, calls for violating human rights for entire segments of the population persist on those platforms to this day.

They are never satisfied. The person in question has a history of vile behavior and they wish for anybody criticizing them to be silenced while the money rolls in. Their problems with Internet fame being that they're despicable, are documented to have groomed teens, they have funneled underage people to illegal hormone producers, and outside their circle of bizzare fetishists this is unacceptable behavior that regular people are told isn't happening.

This type of cancel culture is allowed to continue so that the twisted quest to normalize deviant behaviors with children can continue. They will silence a website to uphold the appearance that anybody speaking out about this vile behavior is really just a transphobe that is making up conspiracies to promote hate.

It's not a conspiracy folks, and this unprecedented action by a company leader that says they regret having banned sites like Stormfront and 8chan is wild. They are banning a politically incorrect gossip site to protect a person that proves everything "conspiracy" theorists have been telling you. This is the last canary.

There will be millions of reason to hate any site. I only need one to say it deserves the right to exist, because their members are legally practicing speech that is protected in the US. The site has not violated any laws that apply to platforms. It's that simple. I can disagree, I can voice my dissent, but I can't just make everything I don't like disappear. We need this to be applicable to everybody, not just those we like. The only way to justify this is with the same reasoning that justifies the truth police, who are the arbiters of what can be said and what speech is protected on the Internet.
edit on 9/6/22 by Ksihkehe because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/6/22 by Ksihkehe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 10:12 PM
link   

"Freedoms just another word for nothin' left to lose"- K.Kristopherson

new topics

top topics

join