It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apologies for not replying. I was not alerted to new replies when logging in.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I haven't been intentionally ignoring anyone. Whenever I log in, it says that I have received zero thread replies, and I didn't bother checking the thread replies in the messaging tab. It looks like I have many members to reply to. I only noticed there are replies to me while reading yesterday's threads this morning. I will try to get a reply out to everyone today. It looks like I will need to go back a few weeks, too.
edit on 6 9 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan
I haven't been intentionally ignoring anyone. Whenever I log in, it says that I have received zero thread replies, and I didn't bother checking the thread replies in the messaging tab. It looks like I have many members to reply to. I only noticed there are replies to me while reading yesterday's threads this morning. I will try to get a reply out to everyone today. It looks like I will need to go back a few weeks, too.

おはよござます

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Ohayo gozaimasu to you as well, MIM. You are awake early.

Are you still on your bike trip?

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan
a reply to: [post=26665297]musicismagic[/post

Ohayo gozaimasu to you as well, MIM.

Are you still on your bike trip?

I've been cycling since April and now finished. Heat exhaustion caught up with me in Yokohama. So I ended my tour and made it back to Yamaguchi. I met so many wonderful people while traveling across Japan.
I hope to meet up with you when you come here.

its 3;30 am here, not sure why I'm posting at this time, but I guess I'm all wired up. I want to cycle Shikoku now. Weather is getting cold in the mountains now.
edit on 0900000037302022-09-06T13:30:37-05:00303709pm1 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

FYI, the mail button hasn't worked in years; you have to go to messages to see if you've got one-or hundreds.

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Okay, I'm glad this is resolved.

You were THIS (_) close to being placed on the naughty list for next Christmas.

We'd be getting a lot of complaints about you running around not replying to people and being a general menace.

We'll just make a note in your file this time, but the big guy wouldn't be happy if it becomes a habit.

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I accept your apology, but I’m still hurt. Just takes time to heal I guess.

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ManSizedSquirrel
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I'm mostly feeling bad about not replying to comments made on the threads I've started.

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I don't always get an alert on the message tab either. Sometimes, I will get an alert, but there is no reply to me from the stated member in the thread. 

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Don't log out. Ever. 'Been signed in a buncha windows/tabs for YEARS.

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I'm not technically logging out. My browser is set to clear everything whenever I close it.

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Yep. I understand...Working midnight shift Id open 5-6 tabs/windows and minus size them down to fit my screen at once with all kinds of sites open, staying signed in while watching them all.

See ya...!

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Well, at least you got replies to your posts even though you were unaware of them. Sometimes replies do my posts do not show up in the replies in my message center. I do see them when I read the posts in the threads sometimes, and I do not know why it does that sometimes.

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

They've loosened the restriction on entering Japan enough that we may be coming over in March or April. We can gorge together on sashimi and sake if you are up to.

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I check "replies" and "messages" regularly, and also go straight to myATS to see what subscribed threads have had recent additions (replying in a thread automatically subscribes to the thread).

"Replies since you last logged in" etc is always at Zero. Oviously this feature was thought about but never activated beyond the message itself.

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 02:36 AM
link   
The solution to this mystery is the occasional bug which directs "reply received" notifications to the wrong member, usually whoever makes the next post after the post receiving the reply. Evidently you've been the "non-recipient" and the "wrong recipient" at different times.

edit on 7-9-2022 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

top topics

join