It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Indian's lack of gold

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Solvedit

originally posted by: Hooke
The evidence seems to show that, despite the possibly misleading nature of its appearance, Bimini Road is of natural origin:

You overlooked something major. From the Wikipedia page on beach rock:

"The main processes involved in the cementation are : supersaturation with CaCO3 through direct evaporation of seawater, groundwater CO2 degassing in the vadose zone, mixing of marine and meteoric water fluxes and precipitation of micritic calcium carbonate as a byproduct of microbiological activity."

See, there's a reason they call it beach rock.

Harte

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

Harte

Exactly. So why do people think it is a natural formation?

It could not have formed in place because the last time the seafloor around it was above the surface was 12,000 years ago, during the last ice age.

posted on Jun, 18 2023 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Solvedit

Leonardo Davinci studied old seabed geology in the region of Lombardy.
His location description seems rather big endian, so we don't know exactly where.
He said the shells from the ancient sea beds were in four different levels each created at a different time.
Of course those seabeds are located far inland now where the fields and beach rocks are 218 feet above sea level.
Davinci probably thought it would be obvious he was using a 60th.
That is why they call it a nautical mile.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune
One of the things I researched while working on the site of Kalavassos in Cyprus was the opium trade in the Med. It left hundreds of thousands of small brown jars all over the Med. If they were trading in the Americas - where are these jars?

If you were trading across the Atlantic in an old fashioned ship which could barely make it, would you use up 3/4 of your cargo capacity with packaging?

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 09:04 PM
link   

One of the things I researched while working on the site of Kalavassos in Cyprus was the opium trade in the Med. It left hundreds of thousands of small brown jars all over the Med. If they were trading in the Americas - where are these jars?

If you were trading across the Atlantic in an old fashioned ship which could barely make it, would you use up 3/4 of your cargo capacity with packaging?

In fact, that was the best form of packaging for that day. They didn't have cardboard that was mass produced (they had "cartonnage" but it could be fragile and was time consuming), they didn't have lots and lots of paper (mostly papyrus), and animal skins required lots and lots of animals (and hides need processing.) Willow baskets work sometimes (but not for wine, etc) ... pottery is quick and cheap.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

In fact, that was the best form of packaging for that day.
I think you are mixing up jars with small jars.

There would be a savings of space and weight if they did not break the product up into small amounts with their own jar.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I think you are mixing up jars with small jars.

There would be a savings of space and weight if they did not break the product up into small amounts with their own jar.

I can agree... but the product was shipped in quantities that were convenient to buy for the consumer, I think - and possibly for the shipper. There has to be a solid reason (preservation? The amounts they get from the growers? The amount the customer wants?) for the choice.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Harte

It could not have formed in place because the last time the seafloor around it was above the surface was 12,000 years ago, during the last ice age.

Truth is, the natural beach rock formed around 2,000 years ago IIRC.
Been a long time since I last pulled up my saved info on Bimini.
Not doing it again. Use the search function.

Harte

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Harte

It was underwater then, and it was 2700-2800 years ago.

Beach rock doesn't form underwater.

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Harte

It was underwater then, and it was 2700-2800 years ago.

Beach rock doesn't form underwater.

My date of 2,000 years ago is correct.

pubs.geoscienceworld.org... t

Harte

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join