It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jared Kushner says he might one day become immortal

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2022 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Jared Kushner says he's been trying to keep his body in shape because he might one day become immortal

www.businessinsider.com...

Ok, it might be interesting to delve into this idea of immortality. Not the science its self but rather what it could mean if it might become reality. If Kushner is making this statement publicly he must be really involved with the idea because on the surface it sounds crazy.

"I think that there's a good probability that my generation is, hopefully with the advances in science, is either the first generation to live forever or the last generation that's going to die," Kushner said. "So we need to keep ourselves in pretty good shape."

So what of this idea. It's been bandied about now for a decade or two that the advances in science could bring this ''immortality'' about. What if it is true, that as he hopes we are on the cusp of at least vastly expanded lifetimes? What would it imply.

Would it possibly be available to all of us or would it only be available to those who could afford it ?

How would it affect our political systems ?
We already know that our political system is filled with opportunists who express no remorse at being in an elected (elected, that's a joke) position for as long as they live. 30 years and 40 years. What about 50 or 60 or a hundred.

What about our sciences ? What if our scientific community was not only ruled by established beliefs but more what it it was run by a throng of people who gained their positions two or three hundred years ago and still controlled what was studied and discovered ?

And just how long could Tom Cruise remain as boffo box office or how long would Beyonce be drooled over sitting on her glass horse while singing a variation on the same song for a couple of centuries ?

How would the possible underclasses react if they knew that they were born into and then died while other ''Gods'' lived forever.

I put this in Science and Technology hopefully to keep it in a speculative and non-partisan discussion. The only reason I pointed out Kushner was because it was he who made this latest public comment on the issue in question.

So if we are willing, can we either expand on any of the questions I have offered or better yet, can we consider and develop other avenues of speculation that
members may want to consider?
edit on 31America/ChicagoFri, 26 Aug 2022 13:33:12 -0500Fri, 26 Aug 2022 13:33:12 -050022082022-08-26T13:33:12-05:00100000033 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2022 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

old news im afraid . ive been saying it for over a decade .. since i looked into bioprinting.

first immortal already born

eta ive been mulling this over for a while and i , personally, cant wait

edit on pm820223101America/ChicagoFri, 26 Aug 2022 13:43:35 -0500_8000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2022 @ 01:41 PM
link   
God I hope so. That would be sooooo good for the planet! Future children will be so stoked to be born into the world we create owned and operated by immortals. I'm trying so hard to think of a down side, but can't lol! Oh jesus.

posted on Aug, 26 2022 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

Indeed, on a personal level, who wouldn't I guess. But do you think you might be one of he special few who might be able to afford it or do you think that it would be available to all of us and if so, what would that mean do you think.

posted on Aug, 26 2022 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

I can consider that, living in a world of immortals to make all of our decisions for us, to supply us will all the wisdom we will ever need, to occupy our every waking moment while following all of their antics and love affairs and breakups and every little opinion they have, you know, much like popular culture works today.

posted on Aug, 26 2022 @ 02:04 PM
link   

It's on my to do list as well.

posted on Aug, 26 2022 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Indeed, on a personal level, who wouldn't I guess. But do you think you might be one of he special few who might be able to afford it or do you think that it would be available to all of us and if so, what would that mean do you think.

absolutely not, i dont think it can be kept to the few. lets take one possible scenario

a company creates a nanobot that can repair telomeres, dna and organs and is reproduces itself.

can that company keep that a secret? no . not in todays day and age and for sure not in the near future. it wont take long before someone reverse engineers them and puts them online and from then its a short jump to being in the public domain.

how long before a shot is cheap and available to anyone who wants it?

i also dont think it will be a one shot thing, though it may be.

it will start with printed or grown organs and nanobots to keep us heathy to get our lifespan to 130 or so years and by then i have no doubt we will have found a way to keep our consciousness alive and well indefinitely.

growing mice

by the time we are all fully, functionally, immortal im not worried as i also think by then we will be starting the mining of the solar system and we will need many more people than we currently have

im more afraid ill be taken to a camp at this point

posted on Aug, 26 2022 @ 02:08 PM
link   

He still bleeds though right?

posted on Aug, 26 2022 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Immortality sounds cool until you think what that entails which then leads me to believe that it is a sure path to insanity.

I wouldn't mind a couple of hundred years, but forever is a loooong time.

posted on Aug, 26 2022 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Is there life after death... The answer is no

There is life after life, and death after death

You've always been immortal, and your body has always been dead.

Logically speaking

posted on Aug, 26 2022 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan
Maybe you would be one of the ruled, or maybe one of the rulers. Maybe, ''in time'' all would get their chance. I hadn't thought about that possibility. Maybe this is why ''term limit's should be made into law RIGHT NOW......

posted on Aug, 26 2022 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to:
TerryMcGuire

Every human being is immortal. The entire universe is available for exploration as you move through life cycles.

posted on Aug, 26 2022 @ 02:33 PM
link   

you must be really naive if you think the rich elite would let this kinda tech reach the masses in any significant way.
they might engineer a person that is immortal, but give them the intelligence of a bag full of hammers. if they were to let normal everyday people with the ability to think live forever, there would be to much of a chance that they would lose control at some point in time. they want to control people, if enough people could live for ever, they would eventually figure out how to beat them

no way joe or suzy six pack will get the tech it, will only be the rich if any at all.

edit on 26-8-2022 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2022 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I like your additions to this Another. The ability to keep the tech centralized is as you suggest questionable. As long I guess as the science that goes into it is diversified, that is developed from a wide range of R and D and not controlled by a few. I think you have a good point here.

no doubt we will have found a way to keep our consciousness alive and well indefinitely.

And this would be paramount I think, keeping consciousness, whatever there really is to it, alive and most importantly ''well''. The pressures of a modern society at this point seem to be beyond what modern science is capable of achieving. What do you think?

posted on Aug, 26 2022 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Good point as well. What avenues of ''repair'' could be developed to take care of any accidents that could befall an immortal human? Could a lot of our R and D that is suspected as using current health problems on us as guinea pigs be part of this development for whoever makes it into the ''immortal category''?

Then too, what ''safety concerns'' could come about because of this. Better safety devices, better, say, hand rails and stuff to make sure that people aren't going to be suing their insurance companies all the time. Yeah and what about that. What will happen to insurance companies?

posted on Aug, 26 2022 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

Ya know bones, I've read over 3000 sci/fi books in my life and in those where immortality was involved this was often an issue. How could we not go insane.

There is also the question of eternal life here in the physical as opposed to eternal life in an ''after life''? A bird in the hand kind of conundrum.

Me? I think I will opt out as well. Maybe 85 for me, that's another ten though watching all the stuff going on right now though taxing sure is an interesting study huh?

posted on Aug, 26 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

beat who? our society needs people.. a lot more people... and people who live much longer ... if we are going to start stepping off this rock.

you seem to think its a one shot kinda deal like in my example. so why wouldnt the "rich elite" love their employees being immortal and send them on mining trip that take 10 years each? kinda handy as you will get more than 2-4 trips per person and cuts down on, well, basically all costs.

now if we are talking about engineering "people" to be organic robots ... well this is big scifi and at that point id say someone will start transferring minds to those immortal robots on the black market

the thing is , not much is hidden anymore or can be hidden. if it hits the web its probably never going to go anywhere .

posted on Aug, 26 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: GoldGoo9

You know what Mr Goo? You left me stumped with that but if you would like to expand, maybe I can grab a hold of it better and think about it more substantially. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 26 2022 @ 02:49 PM
link   
If humans became immortal,
the simulation would be shutdown

but seriously, I would not want to live forever and miss out on what is beyond this life.
so nope for me

posted on Aug, 26 2022 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

And taking that as true Care, would not accepting immortality on this here physical plane hinder our exploration in other cycles?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join