It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is God so VEIN?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

VAIN: not "vein"...like blood vessels...so, there's that.

Outside your window? What color is the sky?

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Well the victory of order is perfection, when there is nothing 'new' anymore to be added. When to stay in the picture: the universe has its accomplished end.
You can't get there by stagnation as that's ignorance not order.

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I agree as well..

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: godsovein

I have to ask: Your screen name is God's so blood vessel? Stuck w it now....

Nice thread, twisted title, squed meaning. Ok.

Welcome

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Cause God can, and we can’t, an it pisses everyone off maybe!?!

“Man suffers for taking seriously what the Gods do for fun.”
-Alan Watts

Look up Plato saying, no matter how bad an evil the acts of the gods can be, they are always right, and we are always wrong if tried the same.
edit on 25-8-2022 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I was looking at the stars last night realized I was looking at the past , Then thought to myself these fools think a God hears their prayers instantly when the light we see has taken millions of years to reach my eyes .

So I think we are the vein ones

edit on 25-8-2022 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

VAIN: not "vein"...like blood vessels...so, there's that.

Outside your window? What color is the sky?

What on earth are you talking about?

Read the Op's username and the content of his op. sheesh. And it's red, like blood, by the way,

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 09:55 AM
link   
-
edit on 8/25/2022 by VierEyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I can't stop you from making your interpretation of what I wrote but I didn't say or imply anything you read into it.

Actually I'm glad to read that.

Know this, my mistake was not going with what I first thought
you were saying. I let our previous conversations cause me to
second guess what you wrote. So please accept my sincere
apology. I do hope you at least regard the positive items as
complimentary because I meant every word.
edit on 25-8-2022 by Randyvine2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I don't think perfection is attainable. think about the definition of a perfect circle, an infinite amount of points with the same distance to a center.
that little word "infinite" is why I think there is no such thing as an everlasting order, because one more point always brings us one step closer to perfection.

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Romans 9:20 - "But who are you, O man, to answer back to God? Will what is molded say to its molder, “Why have you made me like this?”"

You don't even get to ask that question.

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

For us. So are 0, a vacuum, infinity, or c. That doesn't make it in general unattainable. Or not helpful as concept.
Or as destination like in your example.

edit on 25-8-2022 by Peeple because: oopsy

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 10:55 AM
link   
vain
maybe you're too illiterate to understand God

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
I was looking at the stars last night realized I was looking at the past , Then thought to myself these fools think a God hears their prayers instantly when the light we see has taken millions of years to reach my eyes .

So I think we are the vein ones

vain. after you understand english, maybe the universe will be comprehensible

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Oh, a big typo means nothing to see hear.

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: godsovein
Dude be uptight. He be like mad trash talking all the other "gods", that were around up until then.

This um thing I guess, actually went and created the ultimate pit of eternal suffering sort of destination thingie, even more elaborately extravagant than we could comprehend, right, to doom those who dont agree into.

I've even been told, that like people whom never in any snowballs chance in hell ever heard of Jesus, if they didnt accept "Him" into their hearts before they died, they definitely went there.

He's even got this one quote, not only is He whatever a jealous God, well by the way have you ever wondered God's actual name? Well here it is:

Do not worship any other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.
Exodus 34:14

This is for real, as brazen an example as any of a ancient narcissistic megalomaniac.

Check that.

Not even the pharaohs, ya they had to be worshiped and subjects building them pyramids whatever. But they and their kind didnt invent some hell to torment the infidels... or did they??

Greetings godsovein. This is a matter that is obviously on your mind as you made your handle about the issue.

I am taking you seriously. As any thinking human must come to the inevitable and rational conclusion that God is more evil than even the most debased human if he really has a place where he torments people eternally for a very small existence of sin while on earth. The punishment does not meet the crime. No evil human judge or parent could even conjure up such an unjust evil to perpetuate upon another human.

So how is it that people that claim to worship God believe such lies? It still lies beyond my thinking ability that people can be so unreasoning. For it is an unreasonable teaching and it is NOT found in the Bible.

Now I ask this not only of you, but of all the readers to put away all your preconceived conceptions and ideas and what reasonable conclusion to you get to when you read the following statement Jehovah God made in the Bible:

"They have built the high places of Toʹpheth, which is in the Valley of the Son of Hinʹnom, in order to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire, something that I had not commanded and that had never even come into my heart.’"-Jeremiah 7:31.

So the Isralites had turned to depraved craven image worship like the nations around them. And one of those practices was burning their children in the fire. Did you notice that God said he had never even imagined to do such a thing, such a thing never even entered into his heart!

The Bible teaches that the wages of sin is death:

"For the wages sin pays is death."-Romans 6:23.

Now if you pay your wages then they have been paid. The debt is wiped clean. Notice that this was the price that God said Adam and Eve would pay for sinning:

"But as for the tree of the knowledge of good and bad, you must not eat from it, for in the day you eat from it you will certainly die.”-Genesis 2:17.

So again, what is the price for sin? What did God tell Adam and Eve would be their consequence if they disobeyed? Yes, death.

So when a person dies they have payed the price of their sins whatever they were while they were alive, they are no longer held against him. This is just and fair. A person when he is dead has ceased to exist. They no longer can feel or think:

"Whatever your hand finds to do, do with all your might, for there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the Grave, where you are going."-Ecclesiastes 9:10.

There is no joy, no wisdom, no pain, nothing in the grave.

Now some people say that the Bible talks about a lake of fire where the bad people are going to go. And that is true. But let me ask you this, what would happen to something, anything thrown into a lake of fire? If you have ever seen the Lord of the Rings, what happened to Gollum and the ring when they fell into the lava at Mount Doom at the end of the movies? Did Gollum suffer eternally? Or did he cease to exist?

The Lake of Fire is symbolic of total destruction. It is not a real place where people go to burn while they are still alive.

Here let me show you this:

"And death and the Grave were hurled into the lake of fire. This means the second death, the lake of fire. Furthermore, whoever was not found written in the book of life was hurled into the lake of fire."-Revelation 20:14-15.

Notice that death and the Grave are thrown into the lake of fire. Death is not a real person. It is not something tangible. But it is the inevitability of all humankind. We are all marching to the grave. So how does death get thrown into the lake of fire? Do you remember what the lake of fire represents? Well it tells you right there, "the second death." Complete destruction. Look:

"And the last enemy, death, is to be brought to nothing."-1 Corinthins 15:26.

As the last enemy to humankind, what is going to happen to death? It is going to be brought to nothing. That is, it is going to be thrown into the lake of fire. Death will be done away with. Do you see the symbolic meaning of this "lake of fire?"

Here to even prove to you more sure it is not the Hellfire the Churches of Christendom claim it to be I am going to quote that scripture in Revelation from the King James Version:

"And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death."-Revelation 20:14.

Did you notice that? Hell is cast into the lake of fire?

Do you get what that means? Hell is not the lake of fire. Hell is destroyed by the lake of fire.

What is hell?

In the NWT it is translated as the Grave. And that is what the words translated from Hebrew (Sheol) and Greek (Hades) mean. The KJV translates these words meaning mankind's common grave as Hell, and they do not teach you what it really means.

Hell is going to be done away with. So there is no way someone is going to be tormented forever in a Hellfire. What a complete disgusting utter lie!
edit on 25-8-2022 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: godsovein
Oh, a big typo means nothing to see hear.

It means you haven’t read enough. If you haven’t read enough, you haven’t stepped outside of your own experience enough to be wasting others times with half baked ideas

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: tatertot777

I'm so glad you find it important enough to point out others spelling , Should i look through yours and find the mistakes sounds like a fun game !

I left the lower case i because i'm tired of correcting it . ^^^^

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I did. And I was thinking...what a permanent handle ...that's all. No offense meant..I got the "blood-vein"" topic correlation.

Thnx..best

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Interesting, you see yourself above judgement (dont address the ironically misused spelling of “vain” not to be confused with “vein”) but you feel fully capable of passing judgement on God.

Id suggest speaking to some religious leaders if you actually seek knowledge on the subject. a reply to: godsovein

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join