It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Coca Cola flavors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 03:22 PM
link   
For the last few months, Coca Cola has come out with some new limited edition flavors. There was one called I think Starlight or something like that. I tried the zero sugar version of that and liked it. I couldn't pick out anything obvious of what it tasted like, but it reminded me of the cream soda I used to drink as a kid. Now there is a new flavor. This one is called Dreamworld. I bought a 20 oz bottle of the zero sugar version. Right away when I poured it into a glass, I could smell either orange, tangerine, or a tropical scent. This doesn't bode well, for me at least. I really don't want to smell much of anything when I drink soda.

I'm about halfway through the bottle, and it has a kind of tangerine/tropical/blood orange kind of flavor going on with the cola flavor. Not too bad, but I don't like it as much as I did the Starlight one. A bit too twangy for me. I don't drink a lot of soda anymore, mostly sparkling water, unflavored. But sometimes I get curious when I see something new come out. This one isn't something I would buy again.

EDIT: I wanted to mention that my very favorite flavor of Diet Coke was the ginger lime in the skinny cans. I really liked that one. Bummed that they don't make that one any more.
edit on 8/21/2022 by ChiefD because: Wanted to add some stuff

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 04:09 PM
link   
At least Cola adverts are more honest.

Red Bull gives you wings?

I'd double-check that one before diving off a mountain.
edit on 21-8-2022 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Meh, can't drink carbonated stuff. The medication makes it all taste funky. I can tolerate some very lightly carbonated things, but soda is right out. That's OK though. The stuff is pretty unhealthy.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I don't like coke products, so haven't tried them.
Not sure if it is just a MI thing, but Vernors is pretty big around here. I used to get it, when I was little, for a tummy ache, but wasn't a fan. Hubby just likes it.

Well, shockingly, they have came out with a couple new flavors after all these years. And one is a black cherry Vernors.

Damn! It is really good. Reminiscent of Dr. Pepper, without the syrupy sweetness.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

My favorite was the cinnamon coke one that was seasonal/Christmas to be exact . Haven’t seen it again in years.

edit on 21-8-2022 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I wish they would bring back Vanilla Coke.

It's really hard to find around here, almost like a scavanger hunt.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I have a fractured and displaced larynx.

After the accident, I noticed that when I was drinking coke, whatever food that got stuck in my throat was easily dislodged, nothing else did.

It appears that emergencies of hospitals have coke reserves for that exact purpose, to help dislodge blocked objects in throats of patients. Nothing else does!

I think it has to do with the many different oils used in its composition.

That said... The only variant of Coke I found to have the same taste as the original one, was the decaffeinated one.

Personnally can't stand other flavors. Root beers and soda cream are nice variants already offered by others. Or the brother of Sergeant Pepper, the Doctor one...

And I abhorr carbonated unflavored water, like Canada Dry... Oh, my Stars and Garters! To me, carbon taste like sh... Well, you know what I mean, haha

posted on Aug, 22 2022 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Boylans root beer is pretty good, or anything Sarsaparilla flavored,

posted on Aug, 22 2022 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I love the new Coke flavors for mixing drinks.

A shot of Stoli is good with most of them but zesty blood orange coke is real good, for you bourbon drinker's, Coke Vanilla works very well.

Rum, Coke cherry is like candy.

Gin, no one drinks gin but to keep with the salty dog vibe..try Squirt

Tequila should not be mixed with anything and best taken straight from the neck.
edit on 22-8-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2022 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Didn't a study just come out of Mexico in which they fed Coca cola to Rats and watched it's impact, brain damage, confusion, inability to run a maze and short term memory problems.

Pretty damning stuff if true but I do hear it's good for cleaning your toilette basin.

Love the taste and it is addictive but I do not drink it and will avoid it.

Besides Pepsi tastes better, Iron Bru buck's you up more and Doctor Pepper is overall far nicer.

Try drinking water for a couple of week's, see how much better you feel after about a month if you are living on this stuff.

posted on Aug, 22 2022 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for the replies. I prefer Diet Pepsi to Diet Coke, but if either of them come out with a new flavor, I like to try it. I seldom drink soda, because most diet soda has aspartame which is very very bad for you. It also triggers migraines, and I don't want to play russian roulette with that. So every once in a blue moon I will try one, but as I said before, I really like unflavored sparkling water. I usually buy the 2 liter bottles of that, but if I want to splurge, I buy San Pelligrino or Perrier.

Another soda I like to drink once in a while is Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi. I don't like Dr. Pepper, but my hubby likes that one a lot. I also like to drink an ice cold root beer on a hot summer day. Sometimes I'll add a couple of scoops of vanilla ice cream and make a Black Cow. It's a treat, and I don't do it very often.

top topics

join