It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Minuteman Project Reports First Group of Illegal Immigrants

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
The controversial Minuteman Project has landed it's first catch even before it has begun. Some members of the group were scouting out the border area for good observation locations when they spotted a group of 18 immigrants and reported them to the authorities. The group also reported another immigrant who ironically, walked into a Minuteman rally and asked for food and water. The group's official launch in starting their observation begins tonight.

ap.tbo.com
PHOENIX (AP) - The Minuteman Project - an effort by citizens who have volunteered to patrol the Mexican border for illegal crossers and smugglers - has already borne fruit even before its official launch.

Participants helped federal agents make 18 arrests near Naco, authorities said Sunday. The volunteers were surveying the border to familiarize themselves with the area before starting their regular, monthlong patrols Monday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The Minuteman Project is an effort by private citizens who claim that the federal government isn't doing enough to stop the flow of illegal immigrants entering the United States from Mexico. Despite the controversy and claims of "vigilante justice", the group has gotten off to an incredible start and authorities are pleased with the group's actions.

Spokesman for the Minuteman Project, Mike McGarry, summed up the projects goals by stating, "You observe them, report them and get out of the way." Some of the groups members may be armed, but they do not plan on confronting any immigrants personally. Any sighting of an illegal immigrant is simply reported to the border patrol.

Related News Links:

[edit on 4-4-2005 by dbates]

[edit on 4-4-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Thank god that finally our borders are being secured. Other immigrants had to go through strenuous measures just to set foot into the US ports. Illegals have crossed the Mexican border for years and wrecked havoc upon our system. The government doesn't even try to capture them. If the gov finds that they have a fake SS number they are issued a temporary one. Just think about if Al-queda tried to cross over? Probably have too!

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
What I don't understand is all the groups such as the ACLU who seem to be protesting this situation. Although we feel for the illegal immigrants much as we would a man stealing bread to feed his family, I don't see how you can condone an individual who is breaking the law. Illegaly entering the United States is breaking the law. There's no way around the situation. I see these Minutemen as individuals who are just observers. A huge pat on the back to anyone who wishes to help out the entire United States with their individual actions.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I think we need to take all illegal aliens we catch, chip them like dogs, track them and after 3 attempts to cross the border.... Extermination.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Sure. Or we could save ourselves time and just kill them on sight.

The last thing this country needs is people coming in here trying to better their lives through hard work.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
They cost us more in hospital bills, welfare, and education expenses than they contribute by a factor of 5 to 1. They are also the reason for the rise in child disease in this country. Now you may disagree but I took this words directly from a doctor at Childrens hospital in Denver Colorado.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
my hats off to these fine men and womem serving our country where these new fake republicans are just all talk!!!!!

while others sit around getting fat pointing their fingers calling people anti american and claiming to love america these fine people are letting their actions speak louder then words and leading by example, this is what I like to see

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
They are guarding our country from illegal invaders,.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
American Civil Liberties Union...aren't they supposed to be defending our rights, not letting everyone in the world have them. We have been given these rights either because our family developed this country, or they were ADMITTED to this country. Those who enter illegally have not rights unde the constitution (remember that document!) These citizens are brave heros who are doing the job the government should. The government is not always right and I am glad people see that they do not have to take it laying down.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
While not the start I expected, (I would have liked to see a higher number). I still see this as big step in the right direction.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
well it has started then. good job. only problem as stated earlyer what to do with the illigal immagrants. we have our fair share of them in canada as well, you send them home but they just try again. in another thread it was brought up to imprison them in alaska. interesting idea but why should we pay for their stay? that is the problem a lot of cash is spent in dealing with illigal immagrants. even sending them home so they can just try again costs. personaly i don't like the idea of killing them but what can we do to stop them?

there IS a propper way of getting acepted into a country that should be followed. why do we have to put up with people sneeking into our countries. heck in canada we tend to get criminals this way. my unckle was almost in a possition to be killed except for the fact he declined some overtime that normaly he would have taken. so the guy that took the shift got killed. then we find out that the murderer had been deported at least once before. nice you send them back but they come back anyway. if we just tossed them in prison all we would do is overload our prison systems. not to mention paying for their keep.

mabe what should be done is have illigal immagrants, who do not fall into fleeing for their lives because of a real threat of violance by their governments catagory, into a prison factory system. have them work to pay off the cost of both their capture as well as the cost of sending them back. then if they are caught again they can stay in the prisen factory on a more permanant basis. mabe this would send the message that illigaly immigrateing is not the way to come. if their was no way to immigrate legaly maybe i would have some remorse for them. but it is their choice to come illigaly and not follow the legal method.

i will probably see all sorts of messages about crualty and the like. if you think i was being cruel mabe you should come up with a way to stop them comeing. they are all criminals just by the fact that they are illigaly comeing into a country. so we should find some way to make them think twice before commiting this crime. if i want to move to the states all i would have to do is apply to emmigrate. sure i might not get accepted right away but hey at least i would find out what i would need to do to get accepted.

the only valid reason to not follow the normal procedure is if you are in danger. if this is the case you immidiatly turn yourself in and ask for asylem.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
What is the official Goverment response to the Minuteman Project?

If these guys are just acting as spotters, and passing on good intelligence they may be making a difference.

Hoverver if they start making poor quality reports they will actually end up having a negative effect.

I still think there will be one or two in their ramks who can't wait to shoot an 'illegal'. That is the real danger.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
They don't have to go to Arizona. They should stop by 7/11 in Farmingville, Long Island, NY, at 7:00 in the morning. A veritable market of manual labor, and pretty clear most are illegals. About a hundred people, maybe two.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
They don't have to go to Arizona. They should stop by 7/11 in Farmingville, Long Island, NY, at 7:00 in the morning. A veritable market of manual labor, and pretty clear most are illegals. About a hundred people, maybe two.

Why go to NY to catch only two hundred when you can catch 3000 in AZ?

Your logic makes no sense!

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
If they are well disciplined, as this example seems to indicate, they will be a HUGE benefit in slowing down illegal immigration.

If on the other hand Washington is only supporting some corporate interests that want as much illegal immigration as possible, this would not make you happy.

Kudos for intelligent and EFFECTIVE citizen projects.

Boo, Hiss, GWB calling them vigilantes.

GWB is on WRONG side of this issue.
Too many Fat-Cat Corporate friends to payback for big FAT campaign contributions.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
These people are heros and doing the job that the Federal government should be doing but has abdicated. And yes, I agree, GWB is on the wrong side of this issue. What use is our soverignty as a nation if we have no borders?

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Of course Bush doesn't want to close the borders, Mexico's illegal immagrents are the only source of cheap laber in the US. It is the Blue collar middle-class americans that want it closed.

I actaully talked to an employeer that did hire what he later found out to be an Illegal immagrent. After about 4 moths there was a buracracy snag and they needed a copy of his Social Security card. Instead of trying to get one he decided to quit.

Tho honestly I wonder how long this is going to last. Are these minuteman people doing it for free on thier off hours.. or is there pay involved?

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Originally posted by Aelita

Why go to NY to catch only two hundred when you can catch 3000 in AZ?

Your logic makes no sense!

Come to my town in New York...It s the whole town. It is OUT of control....2 fires in town confirmed overcrowding and manipulation of the interior without permission from landlords....
Upon pressure from the villiage, the towns "true" population is currently being assessed and the results are astounding....So NOW we know why we have such a refuse problem...Because 1 out of 10 in the area are on their leases the rest are elligally shacking up. This is endangering lives.

Yes come to NY and you will get thousands. We are talking thousands of people in 1 town...This is comon in the NYC suburbs...It is epidemic and is closing down our hospitals due to "giving away free heathcare" to pregnant women and babies, ...and free innoculations to illegal children whom we must allow to attend school (by law), and those who use the same ss# for an entire family. I work to pay my property and school tax.

Dont tell me it isnt true, I live it..I have within my family a police and fireman who can attest to the gross overcrowding that doesnt reflect the original populus statement. AND a school official that is fed up and a RN,in the local hospital that has worked Pediatric and L and D.

I wish we could have reduced this towns illegal population by 1/2. It is dangerous unhealthy, and financially destructive for the rest of us. I have the choice of moving or supporting illegal dead weight?
GO MINUTE MEN!!

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jehosephat
Of course Bush doesn't want to close the borders, Mexico's illegal immagrents are the only source of cheap laber in the US. It is the Blue collar middle-class americans that want it closed.

.................."

They are costing us more than they give us. In the long run people will be sorry....Hospital failure, school and property taxes up, prop values down. An illegal can sue his employer, he can attend school, he can live off of you while he makes tax free wages off you. He can send all his money home and support a foreign economy. He can steal from us right in front of our own government. The mexican government is all for illegals crossing the border, if they dont do it, it is all on us.
The blue collar workers can no longer afford to live in thier own towns, afford medical care, or afford their own taxes

Originally this plan was for volunteers who would have to be able to give at least a month duty. This was when I first heard of it from the founder of the program and this was about 6 - 8 months ago. He was a guest on an AM radio show

[edit on 4-4-2005 by xxKrisxx]

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxKrisxx

Come to my town in New York...It s the whole town. It is OUT of control....2 fires in town confirmed overcrowding and manipulation of the interior without permission from landlords....
Upon pressure from the villiage, the towns "true" population is currently being assessed and the results are astounding....So NOW we know why we have such a refuse problem...Because 1 out of 10 in the area are on their leases the rest are elligally shacking up. This is endangering lives.

Yes come to NY and you will get thousands. We are talking thousands of people in 1 town...This is comon in the NYC suburbs...It is epidemic and is closing down our hospitals due to "giving away free heathcare" to pregnant women and babies, ...and free innoculations to illegal children whom we must allow to attend school (by law), and those who use the same ss# for an entire family. I work to pay my property and school tax.

Dont tell me it isnt true, I live it..I have within my family a police and fireman who can attest to the gross overcrowding that doesnt reflect the original populus statement. AND a school official that is fed up and a RN,in the local hospital that has worked Pediatric and L and D.

I wish we could have reduced this towns illegal population by 1/2. It is dangerous unhealthy, and financially destructive for the rest of us. I have the choice of moving or supporting illegal dead weight?
GO MINUTE MEN!!

You will get no arguement from me on that. I agree it is out of hand, but you cannot blame NY officials for that they do not patrol the borders, that is left to the boder control and they have not been doing there job.

Pehaps after this month they may put the manpower in place, who knows. I doubt we will see any great improvement real soon, but we can hope.

Better yet why not start a protest in NY and get INS to throw out all the illegals!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join