It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brentford 4-0 Man Utd - 35 min First Half

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Oh dear !
New manager , new season but same old Manchester United .

Gary Neville has described it as 'men against an under-9s team'.

Erik ten Hag now knows the challenge he faces.

Former Manchester United player Gary Neville, speaking on Sky Sports: "I thought Manchester United would do better but they have been mauled, bullied, messed about with like you wouldn’t believe and there is nowhere to hide. Brentford are absolutely rampant and brilliant."
www.bbc.co.uk...

43 minutes in and it's still Brentford 4-0 Manchester United.
Looking forward the Match of the Day tonight.

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I know next to nothing about PL but isn't Brentford way way down the food chain from MU?

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

They were promoted to the Premiership at the end of the 20/21 season so yes compared to United Brentford are bottom feeders.

edit on 13-8-2022 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Erik ten Hag's response is 3 substitutions ... talk about rolling the dice.

Off: Luke Shaw, Lisandro Martinez, Fred.
On: Raphael Varane, Tyrell Malacia, Scott McTominay.

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Man...they have fallen apart since Sir Ferguson has left. They used to be the top dogs and I think hold the most or second most championships in the PL. Sad day for me ask this has always been one of my favorite teams in any sport.

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 01:33 PM
link   
i take it ur not a united fan= lol
how did it finish
i tried watching this but didnt work out unfortunatly would have loved to see this
not that i dislike man united or ten hag but it is somthing
so they promoted not to long ago huh unbelieveble....
ten hag is done he just cant cut it they should have given van gaal more time do i wouldnt bother with this guy ten hag
at ajax things were alot easier for him

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: negedef

do u reckon hel get fired tomorrow
just saw it ended 4 0

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: negedef

It stayed 4-0 , Brentford had done the work they just needed to hold on to it.

I remember the days of utter domination under Fergie so yeah it's been amusing , todays result will hurt but I expect they'll be back .

Make hay while the sun shines.

edit on 13-8-2022 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 01:45 PM
link   

im not so sure they will be back not this season im afraid if this happens again next week hes out and then wat
the only thing that can save them this season if they manage to get frankie de jong but he defenitly wont want to come after this embarresing display

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Always good to see teams that try and buy success start to collapse.

The game as i knew it has long since gone.

Worrying thing is several of those Man U players will be in England's World Cup Squad in a few months. Or not if Southgate has any sense.

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I’m absolutely loving watching their collapse.

Nothing sweeter than seeing Rinaldo carry on like a whinging child whilst they’re being comprehensively beaten. So many ‘supporters’ in countries like Australia are going to all of a sudden have the epiphany they always liked city better or lose interest in the game altogether.

Ten Hag won’t be in the job long if he can’t turn it around by the World Cup but no one wants to go there except duds like Arnautovic and even then the fans are so vehemently opposed they pull out of the move!

The real game is tonight (my time) West Ham vs Forest.....COYI!! ⚒️⚒️

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 04:28 AM
link   

What made this game so good was that I watched it in the pub with two ardent United supporters.
I absolutely loved it and delighted in taking the piss as much as I possible could.

I then went into the club next door and revelled in the after match post-mortem conducted by the club's own 'Stretford End'.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Relegation candidates?

Yes.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

What made this game so good was that I watched it in the pub with two ardent United supporters.
I absolutely loved it and delighted in taking the piss as much as I possible could.

I then went into the club next door and revelled in the after match post-mortem conducted by the club's own 'Stretford End'.

Ahhh mate that would’ve made it all the sweeter! I watched Everton and Villa live but this game didn’t kick off til near midnight here and gone are the days I can stay up as late as I want and sleep in as late as I please (kids).

Have watched the highlights a few times though. Couldn’t be happening to a better club.

Who do you follow then?

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Who do you follow Gortex?

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Aston Villa , a team with a long history of being beaten by Man United so yesterdays embarrassment is all the sweeter , I'm happy with our win yesterday and have faith that Steven Gerrard can keep us mid table , I think it's the best we can hope for.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Who do you follow then?

As a kid I was a massive Leeds fan. (Peter Lorimer was my hero, I even had his No 7 sock tags!)
Obviously I still follow them a bit but haven't been to a game for a very long time.

I also follow my hometown, sadly no longer in the EFL....but we'll get back.
And I like all North Eastern teams to do well......barring the Chimp Chokers!

But my big passion is Celtic.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 06:24 AM
link   

just saw man uited are playing liverpool next omfg see u later ten hag lol

wat are we betting on 8 0 and ten hag gets fired at half time is my prediction lol
edit on 14-8-2022 by negedef because: 12 0

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Well atleast you got the colours right.

You lot did well, I hope you can hold on to that Jacob Ramsey kid for a few seasons, he’s a gun!

Think Villa will do alright, good luck for the season

top topics

<<   2 >>

join