It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'll teach you how to Time Travel

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I'm already time travelling at 1 second per second into the future.

I'm also scratching my head as to why this is posted in the UFO and Aliens Forum. It appears to have nothing to do with either UFOs or aliens.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

I'm also scratching my head as to why this is posted in the UFO and Aliens Forum. It appears to have nothing to do with either UFOs or aliens.

Because a time traveller would be an alien from a time stream they are not organic too.

Edit to add: in 3099 we spell # differently
edit on bFri, 12 Aug 2022 04:45:14 -050020223104America/ChicagoFri, 12 Aug 2022 04:45:14 -050008am8 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ilikesecrets
Nice idea, But I am sure the optics needed and the fine fulcrum zoom focus would be just as impossible as a perpetual motion machine would be.

Sir, perpetual motion cannot exist because of the laws of thermodynamics and entrophy. My little space mirror, as hard as it seems to achieve, IS achievable in fact. Perpetual motion...is not. Unless....we have TWO mirrors!!! Thank you for giving me the opportunity for the post under this about space mirrors.

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
a reply to: JimmyNeutr0n
it will take a little over a million years to be a million light years away.

That's not how space works lol

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
Why would you care what it showed as you would have died a million years before?

Well, we may not benefit anything from a project with a deadline millions of years ahead, but the project would obviously be for future generations to peer back at "our" time.

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I'm going to time travel back a couple minutes just to show how easy it is and post in this thread.

You all will be shocked!

"I said it was simple....not easy. "

I did warn you in my OP lol
edit on J05822 by JimmyNeutr0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 04:57 AM
link   
With that comment by 'Ilikesecrets', if anyone's reading this far, how about I show you all how to beat the 2nd law of Thermodynamics.

According to theory, a mirror can absorb energy from virtual photons onto its surface and then re-emit that energy as real photons. The effect only works when the mirror is moving through a vacuum at nearly the speed of light — which is almost impossible for everyday mechanical devices.

Per Delsing, a physicist at the Chalmers University of Technology, and his colleagues circumvented this problem using a piece of quantum electronics known as a superconducting quantum interference device (SQUID), which is extraordinarily sensitive to magnetic fields.

The team fashioned a superconducting circuit in which the SQUID effectively acted as a mirror. Passing a magnetic field through the SQUID moved the mirror slightly, and switching the direction of magnetic field several billion times per second caused it to 'wiggle' at around 5% the speed of light, a speed great enough to see the effect.

www.nature.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33
That's all relatively speaking. If you could instaneously send a mirror 66 million light years away, without taking any time to get there, then you could see the dinosaurs.

For that to happen, you'd need to travel FASTER than the speed of light, as you'd be competing with the light emitted from the dinosaur age, which has a few 1,000,000's of years head on us. Instantaneous? Not sure how that would be achievable, but if it were, then absolutely.
edit on J11822 by JimmyNeutr0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 07:05 AM
link   

What you are suggesting is not time travel and is already being done whenever you see anything.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimmyNeutr0n

You heard that right, mirrors. You may ask, Neutron wth are you smoking, how will mirrors help me time travel.

But your not teaching anyone " how to time travel " at all or even in the slightest.

What your advocating for is a method to WATCH TIME TRAVEL not time travel actually.

Bearing that in mind I will ask "Neutron what are you smoking" as clearly it's not very good, you need better value for money.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Randyvine2

What if we add a worm hole to your equation and I get there a
head of the mirror and use the telescope to peer back on Earth
what year would I be seeing occur back on earth?

Oh no I've gone cross eyed.

Depends on the distance the worm hole takes you. If you take it 1000 ly away you'll get light bouncing off from 1000 years ago. Of course you would have to wait 1000 years after the mirror gets there before the light bouncing off of it gets back to Earth lol

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 09:26 AM
link   

If you then focus your telescope at the mirror millions of light years away, you can observe light that has taken 4 million light years to travel, and thus look back in time.

It will take two million years for the mirror to get there, and the only things you would be able to see are the things that have happened during and since those two million years -- things you could have experienced yourself just by looking at them "live" as they happened.

*of course, this all assumes you would be alive for a few million years, but I'll stipulate that for the sake of this thought experiment.

edit on 12/8/2022 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Time travel is easy . Take a look in the mirror . You are seeing yourself a small fraction of second in the past .

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Tekner

Okay time for some reality and this is gonna be difficult for
everyone. The one basic conclusion we've been avoiding. I'm just
gonna go ahead and say it because that's who I am. Here goes.

SO THE WHOLE UNIVERSE IS BASICALLY LYING TO US.

I know I get it i just feel it had to be said. Deal with it.
It might help us understand politics a little better.

And you thought things couldn't get any worse.

edit on 12-8-2022 by Randyvine2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

originally posted by: mirageman

Because a time traveller would be an alien from a time stream they are not organic too.

Edit to add: in 3099 we spell # differently

Lmao this was my logic when posting in the aliens and UFO's forum. I did leave a disclaimer at the end imploring the mods to relocate this topic to whatever forum suitable

originally posted by: chunder

What you are suggesting is not time travel and is already being done whenever you see anything.

If it's not time travel, what would you call it?
edit on J27822 by JimmyNeutr0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Time travel is easy . Take a look in the mirror . You are seeing yourself a small fraction of second in the past .

True!

Technically, you will only be able to see 10^18 nanoseconds into the past, considering light travels at 983,000,000 ft/second, your emittion, and henceforth reflection.

I know you were being somewhat facetious, but I believe you would find one of my previous threads on colors and light quite interesting

Are colors really colors?
edit on J32822 by JimmyNeutr0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 03:09 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Only thing you would see is the light reflecting.

People actually thinking they would see what happened like it's a movie....put down the crack pipe people.

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

If you then focus your telescope at the mirror millions of light years away, you can observe light that has taken 4 million light years to travel, and thus look back in time.

It will take two million years for the mirror to get there, and the only things you would be able to see are the things that have happened during and since those two million years -- things you could have experienced yourself just by looking at them "live" as they happened.

*of course, this all assumes you would be alive for a few million years, but I'll stipulate that for the sake of this thought experiment.

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I suppose if one Moonwalks………..you can travel back in time if only for a nanosecond….

Eeeeheeee woooow
👽

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64 also...where did the watch comefrom...fitting lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join