It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'll teach you how to Time Travel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 05:17 PM
link   
This won't be one of my grandiose esoteric ATS threads. In fact, this will be one of the shortest threads I've ever written, and I will tell you exactly how to travel into the past (not the future).

You ready? Because it's pretty simple.

Mirrors...

You heard that right, mirrors. You may ask, Neutron wth are you smoking, how will mirrors help me time travel.

Well my friends, lets say you had a rocket ship capable of traveling almost at the speed of light. Lets say you had a mirror, nothing crazy, your typical IKEA mirror should do.

First thing is you launch that mirror into space...And I'm talking deep, deep space.

Then...you just look at the mirror. As the mirror travels more and more light years away, eventually it will be *lets say* two million light years away.

If you then focus your telescope at the mirror millions of light years away, you can observe light that has taken 4 million light years to travel, and thus look back in time.

I said it was simple....not easy.

I'm dropping another thread tonight hopefully. Such a rudimentary topic and question, what came first, the chicken or egg? Oh, you won't want to miss that conversation.

Anyway, love ya'll as usual. ETA: Mods-to whatever category yee hearts desire

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Nice idea, But I am sure the optics needed and the fine fulcrum zoom focus would be just as impossible as a perpetual motion machine would be.
edit on 11-8-2022 by Ilikesecrets because: corrections

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JimmyNeutr0n

What if we add a worm hole to your equation and I get there a
head of the mirror and use the telescope to peer back on Earth
what year would I be seeing occur back on earth?

Oh no I've gone cross eyed.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 05:58 PM
link   
like the infinity effect in using two mirrors, it can go only so far into depth.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Not quite what you are saying but then I am guessing that you knew someone would mention Kosyrev.

How about a time viewer, not really a time machine but something that can see residual echoes of the past and amplify them in such a way as to make it possible to view actually event's by reading residual energy's, not a mirror but still interesting.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 06:19 PM
link   

If the mirror is traveling almost the speed of light, it will take a little over a million years to be a million light years away. Why would you care what it showed as you would have died a million years before?

It would also take a million for you to see the reflection in the mirror. That is two million years that you have not been around for the results.

The main problem is when you took the picture in that million light year off mirror, all the people blinked except for that guy that did the bunny ears for the one person in front of him. Totally messed up the photo.
edit on 8 11 2022 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 06:28 PM
link   
When your done teaching me how to time travel will you teach me how to dougie?

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 06:28 PM
link   
If you zoomed in with a special telescope to a planet 10 light years away, and you could see the people clear as day moving around on it, and then you traveled to that planet at the speed of light, would the peoples movements speed up and move in fast forward motion?

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 06:30 PM
link   
....just don't take a penny with you

[ someone please get the reference or I'm gonna start feeling old ]
edit on 11-8-2022 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I can teach you how to slow time down.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Two mirrors would give a three dimensional view.

"Why build one when you can have two for twice the price."
edit on 11/8/2022 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 07:03 PM
link   
What happens if you do the same with a mirror in the exact opposite direction at the exact same time?

*rips hole in spacetime and jumps in*

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Alternatively, simply look up into the night sky. Aside from the Moon (a mere 264K miles away), and of course our own space junk, every heavenly body you see is "looking at the past".

The Sun's light takes 8-9 minutes to reach us from 93 million miles way. Even the closest planets take a while - Venus: 2 minutes; Mars: 3 minutes.

Then again, I'm hot, exhausted and perhaps missing the point of the OP!

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
....just don't take a penny with you

[ someone please get the reference or I'm gonna start feeling old ]

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 08:30 PM
link   

See?

I thought so.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I'm going to time travel back a couple minutes just to show how easy it is and post in this thread.

You all will be shocked!

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Mirror, mirror up in space
Just mind the angle,
Or you toast another alien race.
edit on 11-8-2022 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Huh? I dont think this works retroactive to the mirror. It works the same as stars. The reflection is like light leaving the star.

In a shorter example of 30 years. You can see 2022 in 2052 but not 2007 in 2037. You would see 2022 in 2037 at 15 ly. And 2022 in 2023 at 1 ly.

Yeah it takes the crap behind how ever long to reach you but the frame of it all starts with the reflection in 2022.

That's all relatively speaking. If you could instaneously send a mirror 66 million light years away, without taking any time to get there, then you could see the dinosaurs.
edit on 12-8-2022 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2022 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I'm going to time travel back a couple minutes just to show how easy it is and post in this thread.

You all will be shocked!

this one time 10 seconds ago...

Look down lolololololol

me officially saying I beat you too it like a month ago *raspberry tongue*

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 03:11 AM
link   
just find a decent place where you can get a decent echo. Now shout something, time travel apparently.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join