It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was there a Pre-Adamic race?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Nah, when debating evolution I don't appeal to the Bible for authority, because obviously whoever I am debating ignores it. So I play in the court of the evolutionist and cite peer-reviewed papers or empirical facts that insinuate the impossibility of evolution.

I would add only that you play as hard as anyone I've ever seen compadre.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Randyvine2

My fellow human being, my brother in kind. I do not want you stop believing or to remove you from your faith. If it makes you a better person I beg you to continue.

What I object to are the lies, mistruths and fraudulent claims creationist make that attempt to justify their beliefs and deny fact. They reduce the endeavours of man to pointless inevitability. They belittle man's greatest quest - to discover - to futility. In essence, they reduce humanity to insignificance.

I do not need religion to make me a good person or to wonder at the majesty of Nature, but I will not deny that source of spiritual nourishment for you.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerraLiga
a reply to: Xtrozero

Creationist do exactly what you describe; look at what is here now and say it's impossible without intervention. "What about they eye?" they say, "How could a brain just appear?" they squark. It's because an indoctrinated cult line repeated over and over, combined with limited faculties have managed to exclude genuine, open inquisition. With only one source of information available to them, they continually twist and fabricate the words of the OT to suit accepted fact and new data. They are frauds and they know it.

I want to make clear that I don't dismiss the OT as an incredibly valuable piece of human history - it is that for sure.

One way to describe evolution is to say reproduction of a species, another way to describe evolution is to say "just good enough".

All kinds of stuff stop working in humans after the age of 40 because we typically do not have babies after 40 to push evolution. We are basically a 40 yearold animal that lives much longer then we should. If we had babies well into our 80s then those good traits to helped us get there would be passed to our kids and evolution would progress, but it basically stops at the child birth age ranges.

"just good enough" Eyes are an interesting topic. If human eyes were a TV we would have the power cable go right through the front glass of the TV and it would be a very limited TV at that. So would God make such a crappy eye as what we got? We mere humans can do better than God with just our TVs...lol OR are our eyes just good enough not to push evolution in a direction where we needed better to survive?

You want to talk about a great eye, look up the eye of a octopus, now that is one crazy good eye that we all wished we had, so there are better eyes out there that developed because the creature needed better eyes. I find the whole eye debate so one sided in favor of evolution that I think it is about the worst thing creationist can pick as their example.

edit on 11-8-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TerraLiga

I do not need religion to make me a good person or to wonder at the majesty of Nature, but I will not deny that source of spiritual nourishment for you.

I would never suggest religion for anyone. But the majesty of the universe
reflects the glory it's designer. Look just relax a little okay I'm not preaching
to you, reciting Bible verses or trying to get you saved. I'm not ridiculing,
insulting, or even debating the topic in any, win lose sort of way.

We're simply having a conversation that I feel two adults should be able to have.
Only with the prospect of learning something from one another. Despite your
unfounded claims of fraudulence lies and mistruths. Of which I assure you nothing
of the sort is going on in this discussion. You did notice how the conversation went
between X and myself right? Neither one afraid to be abrasive to make our point?

Yet intent on civility. Not at all insulting just as we are now. But without the
hostility I sense in your wording. Anyway if you joined the conversation to
prove something that's fine but I doubt you can do it talking to me. And I know
even better you won't do with Coop. We've been doing this for a very long time.
And I have never seen nor heard anything that makes more sense than Creation.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Yes, I didn't join the conversation to sell my beliefs either. I replied to your post saying that there is no evidence for evolution so you believe in the Genesis account. I asked you for the evidence for Genesis.

As usual, Cooperton always gets involved and spouted rubbish about modern human brains suddenly appearing in their current state. A typically juvenile response, aptly demonstrating no relevant knowledge at all.

I can be civil - it's my normal state - but there are certain triggers, like in everyone, that get a response. If only honesty played out in every conversation.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 01:14 PM
link   
indeed there were Earth evolved men+women hunter-gatherers living in scattered groups of Tribes & Clans...
Ages before the time-space-dimensional Travelers of Heaven ever set-up their Garden-of-Eden compound to grow a select & DNA coded family of 'People' that were destined to be Labeled Adamic Sapiens-Sapiens .... (AKA; modern humans)

see, Eden & menkind were already corrupted flesh because eons/ages of indigenous men+women of earth were already 'branded' as property of: the fallen Angel having control of the region the earthlings lived in/ called Home

the Deity experiment land of Eden was conceived to be able to Redeem the subservient class ofEarth evolved Native humanity and thats where religion took over the 'freedom opportunity'... as in no-longer a slave to Fallen Angels
edit on th31166024226311242022 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I can be civil - it's my normal state - but there are certain triggers, like in everyone, that get a response. If only honesty played out in every conversation.

You tend also to assume less from everyone who opposes you after being triggered.
We all do it. I struggled for years and you can see at times I still do. That was a tuff
one for me.

Thank you for a nice volley. Do remember me as the worst Christian you ever met online.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 06:58 PM
link   

As usual, Cooperton always gets involved and spouted rubbish about modern human brains suddenly appearing in their current state. A typically juvenile response, aptly demonstrating no relevant knowledge at all.

It's a fact that our neural circuits could circumvent the world many times over... how is this not relevant? It is a phenomenal aspect of undeniable reality, and it is within each and every one of us. It took decades of neurological research to be able to come up with such an estimate, and to not be astounded is beyond my burden of re-telling the situation. You have purpose terra.

If you can point to a particular part of my argument that involves a lie, I am open to reconsidering. But just because someone says something contrary to your beliefs does not mean they are being misleading. The pursuit of truth requires an unbiased mind. I was the first of my generation of friends to start thinking on my own, and questioning the organized religion i was brought up in. There are depths beyond the over-the-counter spirituality that we have been dealt, and I am enthusiastic to dive into the depths of our reality.

For you to suppose I believe what I believe blindly, is arrogantly false. I have come to what I believe through intense study and personal experience. We're all in this discovery together, and the last thing I would do In my pursuit of truth would be to disseminate something that i know is a lie. There is hope for humanity and every individual on this earth to perpetuate their consciousness into a loving creation that transcends the limitations of our every day existence.

Let go of your bias, and let's discuss the nature of reality.
edit on 11-8-2022 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
Exactly. Combine all the bests neurologists with unlimited lab resources and they still could not figure out how to make a brain from scratch. Now imagine the further absurdity of such a feat occurring by random chance. Over 800,000 miles of neural circuitry is organized and compacted into our skull to allow all the wonderful faculties of existence we get to enjoy. It would require a multitude of miracles to come to be by random chance.

It's comments like this, Cooperton, which appeal to incredulity by deception. The individual facts within this statement are largely true, which you know will reinforce your authority over the entire statement. This is nothing but a psychological trick; by using facts within a statement must mean that the statement as a whole must be true.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Coop has no concept as to how science really works. It's all constructs centered around a single idea that humans are the result of a super being playing dice with the universe.
Hard work, creative ideas, testing and evaluating results are thrown out the window and made meaningless.

Under Coop's regime, we wouldn't have flushing toilets.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 08:47 AM
link   

It's comments like this, Cooperton, which appeal to incredulity by deception. The individual facts within this statement are largely true, which you know will reinforce your authority over the entire statement. This is nothing but a psychological trick; by using facts within a statement must mean that the statement as a whole must be true.

The apparent answer, given the complexity of the human being, is design rather than random chance, and you are simply refusing to believe it due to the belief system you were raised in. Our school systems and pop culture cram evolution into people's psyche, it's no surprise people are reluctant to let it go despite the blatant proof we are intelligently constructed creatures. Creatures must have a Creator.

originally posted by: Phantom423

Coop has no concept as to how science really works.

Oh joy, phantom is back offering the usual hyperbolic libel

Speaking of science, do you still believe protein monomer polymerization is a spontaneous reaction? Its a basic funamental concept of biology in which protein monomer polymerization requires energy and catalysis. Still waiting for you to admit you were wrong on that. It was also crazy how long you spent sending erroneous articles that further insisted you didnt know what you were reading.

Or what about the necessity of knowing initial concentration to solve for time elapsed in the half-life equation?

You're not a scientist, scientists admit when they're wrong. There is no use conversing with you, you're not objective.
edit on 12-8-2022 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2022 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

A scientific explanation for life on Earth is taught in almost every country in the world because that's where the evidence points. There is no serious competitor or alternative.

By contrast, countries in which religion influences politics, like the fundamentalist Muslim world and some African States dominated by a Catholic influence, creationism is taught. These countries choose to ignore science. You're in good company.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Coop has no concept as to how science really works. It's all constructs centered around a single idea that humans are the result of a super being playing dice with the universe.
Hard work, creative ideas, testing and evaluating results are thrown out the window and made meaningless.

Under Coop's regime, we wouldn't have flushing toilets.

I have read a few asinine comments today, but I do believe this one is the worst of all.
If this is how you really feel, it shows that you do not understand science OR history.

You lack objectivity, you may think it's all on coops end, but you would be wrong.

As far as "flushing toilets"?
34 Great Scientist Who Were Christians
edit on 12-8-2022 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

Coop is not a Christian.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 11:45 AM
link   

At least 210 Jews and people of half- or three-quarters-Jewish ancestry have been awarded the Nobel Prize,1 accounting for 22% of all individual recipients worldwide between 1901 and 2021, and constituting 36% of all US recipients2 during the same period.3 In the scientific research fields of Chemistry, Economics, Physics, and Physiology/Medicine, the corresponding world and US percentages are 26% and 38%, respectively. Among women laureates in the four research fields, the Jewish percentages (world and US) are 29% and 43%, respectively. Of organizations awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, 20% were founded principally by Jews or by people of half-Jewish descent. Since the turn of the century (i.e., from the year 2000 onward), Jews have been awarded 24% of all Nobel Prizes and 26% of those in the scientific research fields. (Jews currently make up approximately 0.2% of the world's population and 2% of the US population.)

I'm a Jew. That makes me smarter than you.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Coop is not a Christian.

No? Does he have anything in common with them?
Maybe, a belief in God?
How about these, are they more to your liking?
Famous Scientist that Believe In God

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Phantom423

I'm a Jew. That makes me smarter than you.

Subjective.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Coop does not believe in God. He believes in his anti-science bullsheeeeeeeeeeet.
God does not fit into his thought processes. He's a cultist.

edit on 12-8-2022 by Phantom423 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Only subjective if you don't pay attention to the facts. There are more Jewish scientists than Christian scientists. That makes us smarter than you.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 12:32 PM
link   

It's one thing being a Christian, Muslim, Jew - or any other religion - but being a creationist is something else entirely. It's not a religion as I would describe it, it's a fanatical fundamentalist cult.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join