It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After 2 years of being exceptionally careful, I just came down with covid.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 10:56 AM
link   
So for the past 2 years or so, I was very careful with my precautions. I masked, used hand sanitizer, took supplements, generally avoided restaraunts and crowds. Then, over the past few months, I experienced covid burnout stopped masking mostly, I am vaxed with the J&J, generally a very healthy person who never gets sick. That all changed Monday morning when I woke up with a splitting throbbing headache. I took some extra strength tylonol and went to work (where we ARE still masking and using precautions) The headache lasted all day and by the end of the day, I started feeling achy. I went home early and told my boss I was going to get tested. As the evening progressed, I started having severe chills with a low grade fever of 101.4. The next morning I went to my local walk in clinic and got tested, I came back positive for Covid 19. I immediately isolated myself and got in bed, lots of fluids, chicken soup. Now 3 days into it it feels like a bad flu but the fever is down slightly and it doesn't seem to be getting worse (so far!). In short, what I wanted to say is please dont think this thing is gone, its not, please protect yourself, wear a mask, sanitize. I was stupid and lax and should have kept doing it even after the general consensus was that it was over, its not. I will say this, so far its among one of the worst illnesses I have had, I feel like I got hit by a truck then kicked all over. Its NO fun. I am sure I will recover but it will be with a newfound respect for this virus. God bless and protect you all.

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Take vitamin D, zinc, and a zinc ionophore like quercetin, and black seed oil (binds to spike proteins). Also some C would be helpful.

The virus shouldn't be that severe in the omnicron ba.5 form.

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

I'm sorry you got the 'vid, but glad you're on the mend!

The talking heads have assured us C19 is here to stay, just like the flu and common cold. At least each mutation seems to be making it weaker.

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

Thanks, I am taking zinc, Vitamin C and D3, and lysine. So far its moderately uncomfortable but its not gone into my lungs.

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Its not very nice at all and the temperature is indeed a doozy.

I beat it in about 3 days but my Mrs got it really bad, just about requiring hospitalization accept they were all full to capacity.

Took her about 10-11 days to get over it, but it was frightening sitting there watching her gasp for breath and her temperature spiking into the 100s repeatedly.

Good luck mate im sure you will be just fine.

edit on 3-8-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I think vitamin D via Sunlight has proven in my family to be the cure. V's comment is spot on of course.

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I got a mild case of it awhile back. I'm vaxed.

I live with an anti-vax daughter.

It is different. It's not just a regular type of flu.

I'm taking a "breather", but I keep a mask with me at all times.

Still do the hand sanitizer and wash my hands often. And avoid crowds that I don't need to be in.

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 11:20 AM
link   
My experience was different. I don't worry about covid all that much and am not cautious at all. I'm vaccinated but been a while now and they say I should get boosted; but I really have no interest in doing so. I've stop wearing masks when it stop being mandatory at stores. I ware them with out care when they are mandatory, wich is a few places these days.

I tested positive for covid in January; had a 24 hour mild flu type cold.

I'm glad I haven't devoted much of my life worrying about covid.

Hope you feel better soon.
edit on 3-8-2022 by dandandat2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011

Thanks, I am taking zinc, Vitamin C and D3, and lysine. So far its moderately uncomfortable but its not gone into my lungs.

That's so funny I swear by lysine but never heard of it for COVID, but it's excellent Immune support,I take at least 1000 mg daily

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Bunch of people at work have it. Just another week off paid for them. Some 4-5 time. Oh well I'm taking another week vacation whether they like it or not.

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Albuterol will knock it out. For real. And beer. Lots of beer.

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011

You need a zinc ionophore to drive zinc into the cell to reach the virus. Quercetin does a good job, ivermectin works also.

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I do think you need be more careful if you are vaccinated.
Those with natural immunity have no problem.

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Still do the hand sanitizer and wash my hands often. And avoid crowds that I don't need to be in.

What does "anti vaxx" mean? Is that like anti all vaccines or anti covid shot?

Because if it's the later that's like saying if you don't like Hondas you are anti car.

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0

originally posted by: Annee

What does "anti vaxx" mean? Is that like anti all vaccines or anti covid shot?

Because if it's the later that's like saying if you don't like Hondas you are anti car.

The post was about my experience with mild Covid. Which I got from my daughter.

I have no interest in discussing why my daughter chooses anti-vax or what it means to her.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Hahahaha

You covid weirdos crack me up.

I've spent the last 2+ years not giving a single F about covid. Only wore a mask when absolutely necessary, even then I didn't wear one if I could get away with it.

No non-vax, no tests, no isolation, no distanceing. I've driven all over the country stayed in dozens of hotels, gone to live concerts, dozens of movie theaters, bars, malls...

I got a short flu once in Nov 2020, I took 3 days off of work and was fine.

Pretty much lived life as usual.

Guess what? So have millions of other people. Stop living in fear over a little cold.

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 11:46 AM
link   
It seems like everyone who made it this whole 2+ years without getting it are getting it now, myself included. It didn't last long for me, but it was ROUGH!

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 11:46 AM
link   

You are better off having caught it. It's called natural immunity.

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 11:47 AM
link   

In short, what I wanted to say is please dont think this thing is gone, its not, please protect yourself, wear a mask, sanitize

Neither is the flu or the common cold. Its part of life now. BTW the mask for most is nothing more than a false sense of protection since most don't wear a uncontaminated N95 mask nor are they fitted to be worn properly.

I got it (no jab and I believe barely a year ago) and rarely wore a mask (Florida) and was not as bad as when I got the flu . It looks like it hits people differently just like the flu and I still don't wear a mask and I have been fine since.

My family members that got the jab appeared to have gotten it worse than me. My wife who works in the ER and is direct contact with it since the start never got it,either before or after getting the jab.

One of the kids not jabbed got it right before me and besides sleeping later than normal for a teenager and being sluggish throughout the day with a headache kicked it by the 2nd day. My other 2 kids who are not jab either haven't gotten it but there friends that were jab appeared to have hit them harder and gotten it multiple times.

FWIW: anecdotal I know , but unfortunately and sadly I see anecdotal evidence as more trustworthy today than lobbying scientific politicized studies and research.

Do what is right for you but don't force me or my family to get a new experimental vaccine with no long term studies that appears to make no difference whether you get the virus or spread it to others and we will be good. Also don't expect me to modify my lifestyle and shutdown business because of unfounded fears pushed for political and financial gains and we will be good.

Fk the aholes that tried to make this mandatory and shame those who saw through the CDC bs and lies from the start. Fauci don't wear a mask they wont do anything (admitted he lied for the greater good), fauci wear 2 masks they work (backtracked on previous statement), Get the Vac to prevent getting covid(lie), Get the vac to prevent spreading (lie) , get the vac to reduce chance of getting it (lie) , Get the vac to reduce symptoms (lie) , Get the vac if you care about others (shaming lie) .

Bottom line : any reasonable person is aware the virus is here to stay and its part of life now. However, its also evident that the Vac is not worth the risk as they don't prevent you from getting the virus, spreading the virus, or reducing the symptoms as they try to claim. In addition many that died from covid also had numerous commodities and the numbers of deaths were bastardized from the start.

Is also no shock that with midterms coming up that the covid fear mongering from the globalist will ramp back up. This fear mongering was expected and predicted by many here on ATS and will ramp up more as midterms come near.

Also the people have valid reasons to not trust what the narrative driven experts and MSM are saying when it comes to covid. This is there doing and hiding the covid data for decades does not help give them credibility either.
edit on 05831America/ChicagoWed, 03 Aug 2022 12:05:20 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Long before Covid I got so sick a few times that I could not even attempt to make it to go see a doctor.

One time my wife forced me, and they told me I had Pnumonia. Pretty sure I have had it once or twice before then too.

I have had asthma since birth, and I know how to deal with bad attacks and not panic.

I never worry, # has tried to kill me many times in the past. Once got this "infection" that caused me to be so weak and sweat and slept a bunch, doctors said it was like Hepatitus but was not it.

Last year was diagnosed with Afib and enlarged heart, fianlly went to ER when my shins were about to split open from the water retention. After a few months of treatment with various drugs they decided to test and found my heart function to be less than 40% so I imagine it was much worse months before.

Covid has put fear into people, pretty sure that adds to them getting sicker.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join