It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Better Call Saul the final episodes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Damn, I really enjoy this series I'm gonna miss it, and I rarely can watch any series this long. It's weird I actually watched BCS before even finishing Breaking Bad. Anyway it's episode 10 I think there are just 3 episodes left and supposedly they are getting to where BCS intersects BB. Tonight's episode is getting crapped on a bit but I actually enjoyed it. Definitely, a slow burn but it ain't for everybody but it's right up my alley, decent soundtrack good cinemaphotography.

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I did not like the end ,not sure what I expected but it went off like a candle.

Edit : I thought last week's episode was the last one
edit on 25-7-2022 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2022 @ 12:04 AM
link   

It's artistic in it's way. Lot's of interesting camera angles and scenic shots and very strange situations. It's quirky.
Saul thinks he's such a genius but he isn't. That snatch and grab to night was so planned out to the second with all the angles covered except for the guy taking that pratfall and only being saved by Saul's line of baloney.

What Kim ever really saw in him is beyond me.

And snagging Carol Burnett for a cameo guest spot, what a hoot.

posted on Jul, 26 2022 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGreazel

I don't know but I rarely watch series anymore ever since Mindhunter suckered me in with 2 years and that's it. BCS is definitely better binged watched,and without commercials

posted on Jul, 26 2022 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

It's artistic in it's way. Lot's of interesting camera angles and scenic shots and very strange situations. It's quirky.
Saul thinks he's such a genius but he isn't. That snatch and grab to night was so planned out to the second with all the angles covered except for the guy taking that pratfall and only being saved by Saul's line of baloney.

What Kim ever really saw in him is beyond me.

And snagging Carol Burnett for a cameo guest spot, what a hoot.

Did you not watch episode 9? Howard should have clued you in, he nailed it. Not pretending its not Sopranos good or even Breaking Bad good but compared to its contemporaries in its category it holds its own. I liked Ozark but BCS blows it away, Ive been told to check out Peaky Blinders but Ive got to be in the right frame of mind for a period piece. If there is a better adult drama Id like to know what it is, cause with 3 episodes left I got to find something new

posted on Jul, 26 2022 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Peaky Blinders is real good if you can fall into the strong Irish accents. Nicely woven plot. Tom Hardy blows it out of the water as a Jewish Irish vegetarian mobster. Brilliant.

Another I liked a lot was Tin Star with Tim Roth of Reservoir Dogs fame. Very adult, very very gritty. The only problem with it is the same that plagued Peaky and Ozark, it's difficult to keep an edgy series like that going. The final seasons of all three kind of are just filling in the blanks to wrap it up.

posted on Jul, 26 2022 @ 01:05 AM
link   

cause with 3 episodes left I got to find something new

More then i expected atleast

I thought it ended when they fast forwarded into the future and it ends with Saul on the level he is when breaking bad started.

I didnt look into how many episodes this season has , i usually wanna know as little as possible when watching my favorite shows.

posted on Jul, 26 2022 @ 01:47 AM
link   

I just got done watching the last two episodes, I'm wondering if Jimmy will reunite with Kim and they sail off into the sunset. Someone has got to get out this relatively unscathed. Or maybe be not . Idk

posted on Jul, 26 2022 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Peaky Blinders is real good if you can fall into the strong Irish accents. Nicely woven plot. Tom Hardy blows it out of the water as a Jewish Irish vegetarian mobster. Brilliant.

Another I liked a lot was Tin Star with Tim Roth of Reservoir Dogs fame. Very adult, very very gritty. The only problem with it is the same that plagued Peaky and Ozark, it's difficult to keep an edgy series like that going. The final seasons of all three kind of are just filling in the blanks to wrap it up.

Yea, I really dig Cillian Murphy too, and Tom Hardy I can usually watch him in anything, he is one of those actors that you forget it's him cause he is so good you get lost in the character. Hell, he made a crappy Capone film semi watchable same as Carnage, but in Fury Road, Lawless, Inception, Legend, The Revenant, and Bronson he is excellent and only a hand full of actors can be so prolific.

posted on Jul, 26 2022 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Hardy, I love em. Your right, you lose him in his roles.
Another that did that to me was in the movie Ed Wood. Depp is very good but Martin Landau vanished before my else and I thoutht it was Bela Lugosi himself. Hey, If you have never seen that flick and some day flitting around and come across it give it a shot. Satirical images from schlock movies of the 50s,

posted on Jul, 26 2022 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

I don't know but I rarely watch series anymore ever since Mindhunter suckered me in with 2 years and that's it. BCS is definitely better binged watched,and without commercials
I do that with most shows that I think I'm going to like. I don't start watching until they're at least a few Seasons in. I didn't begin Breaking Bad until Season 5 I think. Just started BCS earlier this year.

If there is a better adult drama Id like to know what it is, cause with 3 episodes left I got to find something new
Did you watch Sons of Anarchy?

posted on Jul, 26 2022 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: jarsue97

I just got done watching the last two episodes, I'm wondering if Jimmy will reunite with Kim and they sail off into the sunset. Someone has got to get out this relatively unscathed. Or maybe be not . Idk
Have you not watched Breaking Bad?

posted on Jul, 26 2022 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Hardy, I love em. Your right, you lose him in his roles.
Another that did that to me was in the movie Ed Wood. Depp is very good but Martin Landau vanished before my else and I thoutht it was Bela Lugosi himself. Hey, If you have never seen that flick and some day flitting around and come across it give it a shot. Satirical images from schlock movies of the 50s,

Oh, I've seen it " Plan Nine from Outer Space" was legendary even before Depp donned an angora sweater portraying Ed Wood.

To me, those are the best actors it's early in the morning but for the women, Jodie Foster and Meryl Streep come to mind as being of that caliber, and so does Leonardo, and Depp does as well. Javier Bardem in certain roles

The best example I can give is most actors are just personalities and they exude those personality traits in almost every role. For example, John Wayne as Rooster Cogburn in True Grit was just that, his portrayal was pure Wayne, while Jeff Bridges as Rooster Cogburn as it was written and he did it so well you forgot it was Bridges it seemed so authentic. However the same can't be said for Matt Damon and I like the performance he did well but those Matt Damon traits shine through with him playing LaBoeuf the Texas Ranger in the 1880s has a lot of traits similar to Mark Whatley has in "The Martian".

Even Josh Brolin has some of this, his Tom Chaney is different than him being Llewelyn Moss or Detective Trupo in American Gangster

a few others but there aren't a lot of those out there, but Depp I can usually watch even if the movie is substandard like Black Watch and Dillinger were both awful movies IMHO
edit on 26-7-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2022 @ 10:01 AM
link   

It was an honor to have a small part in both BCS and BB. It was a pleasure to work with such an outstanding cast and crew.

Earlier I worked on "Outer Range" ; have you seen any episodes of that one.

posted on Jul, 26 2022 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Oh, I've seen it " Plan Nine from Outer Space" was legendary even before Depp donned an angora sweater portraying Ed Wood.

Plan nine. When I was a teen I devoured the ''shock'' movies that played on ''Creature Features''. I recall thinking, ''Hey, it was just day time when that car started driving and night time when it arrived ten minutes later. Or was it the other way around. And the ''Hey, that's a microphone boom hanging down there. So when Ed Wood premiered I jumped on it and was happy I did. It explained a lot about some of those movies.

Hollywood likes making money and that most often takes feeding the public what they know the public already likes, and that was John Wayne as "John Wayne'' or Damon as ''Damon'' . Another would be Tom Cruise. I remember seeing ''Taps'' and marveling at the psycho cadet he played and thinking this guy is going to have a career. I just didn't know at the time it would be Cruise playing ''Cruise. We know he can do characters like in Tropic Thunder and a couple of other cameo type spots he has been in but mostly it's the money he can make for just being that Cruise in most every movie.

A major star who did a lot of character stuff was Sean Penn. He just disappears into his roles. Oh, and speaking of Tropic Thunder, Robert Downy Jr. Man what a treat. It's to bad that him doing that black face has gotten such blow back at times. Now that was a brilliant performance.

The conditioning of American culture and movie going Americans is an interesting line of study. I recall when I used to go the the movies a lot I especially liked comedies. I would see a trailer with all the ''funny bits'' designed to attract people to the movie. Then in the movie I began noticing that a lot of the time, some funny bit would strike me and I would hoot or guffaw alone and few else in the audience would make a sound at all. But movie after movie I found that the bits that got the wild laughter from an audience were the same bits that had been promo-ed in the trailers.

People came expecting ''funny'' and were being told before hand ''this part is funny'' and that was what to them was funny while missing entirely much of the other stuff that was funnier. Conditioning.

In a real way it's the same with laugh tracks on TV sit-coms. You can watch them and find the rhythm of them. Chuckle, chuckle, extended chuckle and finally uproarious laughter. Repeat. over and over again. Audiences being told what is funny.
Big Bang Theory was ruined for me. I know there was some really good stuff there but the laugh track just wouldn't let me watch it.

Another top of the list movie for me from way back was ''Face in the Crowd'' with Andy Griffith. Know it? Fabulous. Delves into the nature of ''star power'' in the hands of an egomaniac. At one point, the main character, Griffith, introduces a laugh track and applause track to the background of his programs and the point is clear. I"ts conditioning.

I don't trust Hollywood. It's a game of ''gems'' in a sandbox, or better yet, gems in a box of quick sand......

posted on Jul, 26 2022 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

I do that with most shows that I think I'm going to like. I don't start watching until they're at least a few Seasons in. I didn't begin Breaking Bad until Season 5 I think. Just started BCS earlier this year.

If there is a better adult drama Id like to know what it is, cause with 3 episodes left I got to find something new
Did you watch Sons of Anarchy?

No, but I want to, isn't that the one that had Ron Pearlman? It definitely needs to be on the shortlist with Peaky Blinders and the Wire. Not sure why I never watched SOA ? I do recall it getting good reviews to guess I was traveling more at those times and just life. I do know at one point I was already watching BCS year one and it got me watching BB.

Hell I still have never gone back and watched all the Sopranos either, and I and I want to do that too.

posted on Jul, 26 2022 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

It was an honor to have a small part in both BCS and BB. It was a pleasure to work with such an outstanding cast and crew.

Earlier I worked on "Outer Range" ; have you seen any episodes of that one.

I remember you saying that, that's pretty damn cool I hope and you should get other work from that alone. I'm not a huge fanboy type but with BB/BCS I get it, they deserve it. Had a friend and business acquaintance a good guy, who got a bit part in Collateral Damage and he went on to have reoccurring roles in all kinds of TV shows and movies, he was incredibly intelligent and was a member of Mensa, he looks so happy and he married his co-star in one of his shows. I know his mother would be so proud, rightfully so.

I started watching Outer Range just the first episode, but it seems like a binge-watcher type, but with Brolin in it, It will get a shot sooner or later.

posted on Jul, 26 2022 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Plan nine. When I was a teen I devoured the ''shock'' movies that played on ''Creature Features''. I recall thinking, ''Hey, it was just day time when that car started driving and night time when it arrived ten minutes later. Or was it the other way around. And the ''Hey, that's a microphone boom hanging down there. So when Ed Wood premiered I jumped on it and was happy I did. It explained a lot about some of those movies.

Hollywood likes making money and that most often takes feeding the public what they know the public already likes, and that was John Wayne as "John Wayne'' or Damon as ''Damon'' . Another would be Tom Cruise. I remember seeing ''Taps'' and marveling at the psycho cadet he played and thinking this guy is going to have a career. I just didn't know at the time it would be Cruise playing ''Cruise. We know he can do characters like in Tropic Thunder and a couple of other cameo type spots he has been in but mostly it's the money he can make for just being that Cruise in most every movie.

A major star who did a lot of character stuff was Sean Penn. He just disappears into his roles. Oh, and speaking of Tropic Thunder, Robert Downy Jr. Man what a treat. It's to bad that him doing that black face has gotten such blow back at times. Now that was a brilliant performance.

The conditioning of American culture and movie going Americans is an interesting line of study. I recall when I used to go the the movies a lot I especially liked comedies. I would see a trailer with all the ''funny bits'' designed to attract people to the movie. Then in the movie I began noticing that a lot of the time, some funny bit would strike me and I would hoot or guffaw alone and few else in the audience would make a sound at all. But movie after movie I found that the bits that got the wild laughter from an audience were the same bits that had been promo-ed in the trailers.

People came expecting ''funny'' and were being told before hand ''this part is funny'' and that was what to them was funny while missing entirely much of the other stuff that was funnier. Conditioning.

In a real way it's the same with laugh tracks on TV sit-coms. You can watch them and find the rhythm of them. Chuckle, chuckle, extended chuckle and finally uproarious laughter. Repeat. over and over again. Audiences being told what is funny.
Big Bang Theory was ruined for me. I know there was some really good stuff there but the laugh track just wouldn't let me watch it.

Another top of the list movie for me from way back was ''Face in the Crowd'' with Andy Griffith. Know it? Fabulous. Delves into the nature of ''star power'' in the hands of an egomaniac. At one point, the main character, Griffith, introduces a laugh track and applause track to the background of his programs and the point is clear. I"ts conditioning.

I don't trust Hollywood. It's a game of ''gems'' in a sandbox, or better yet, gems in a box of quick sand......

I had heard of Plan 9 before MST3K but I recall seeing it there, I was a fan of the show used to watch it with my daughters and we really enjoyed it.

youtu.be...

but yea Hollywood always had its cut and dried formula and wrings every bit out of it before going in a new direction away from star-driven vehicles. I agree about the star vehicles it's why I like the movies and actors that get away from that aspect. Agree about Cruise and Penn both as for Downey I absolutely hated the guy for a long time from Weird Science to his stint on SNL both he and Anthony Micheal Hall were annoying as hell. At least RDJ found his way, while I enjoy him as Ironman, Sherlock, and Chapman it's his lesser roles I enjoyed more, that said he has had quite a few clunkers.

And no I don't trust Holly weird either, but I'd bet we see a swing back the other way, the vast majority of their output is utter crap.

posted on Jul, 26 2022 @ 02:30 PM
link   

No, but I want to, isn't that the one that had Ron Pearlman? It definitely needs to be on the shortlist with Peaky Blinders and the Wire. Not sure why I never watched SOA ? I do recall it getting good reviews to guess I was traveling more at those times and just life. I do know at one point I was already watching BCS year one and it got me watching BB.

Hell I still have never gone back and watched all the Sopranos either, and I and I want to do that too.
Ron Pearlman = Yes.

Sons of Anarchy is definitely near the top of my list of best shows ever. You should check it out.

I've only ever seen a few episodes of The Sopranos. I know I'll watch it at some point, but it just hasn't happened yet.

posted on Jul, 26 2022 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Found the soundtrack no wonder it sounded perfect ... Jim On The Move · Lalo Schifrin l

Cool Hand Luke, Enter the Dragon many others ....

The music made it definitely

top topics

<<   2 >>

join