It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Notch in the Great Pyramid

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: baddmove
Here's a video from Ancient Architect YT channel about the corner cave in the great pyramid.

Link
www.youtube.com...

An interesting video, thanks

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune
You're welcome.
I couldn't get it to load ,again, but there it is.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 09:10 PM
link   
At 6 minutes 15 seconds, he says 50% of the expected mass of the Great Pyramid is missing. That's probably a bit of an exaggeration, I think.

But... it makes me wonder if maybe there are other chambers like this one. Maybe lots of them, except most don't have any doorways to go inside.

But, if so their purpose would be pretty mundane. Simply hollow spaces designed to make it lighter, so the upper part of the pyramid wouldn't be too heavy to be supported by the lower part. (Not wanting to end up with another "bent pyramid")

Naturally, I desperately want it to be something more fascinating, but have to admit it is possible that's all it will turn out to be.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous
At 6 minutes 15 seconds, he says 50% of the expected mass of the Great Pyramid is missing. That's probably a bit of an exaggeration, I think.

Itss says 15% after a few run thru ...dislike that guys manner of speaking.

But... it makes me wonder if maybe there are other chambers like this one. Maybe lots of them, except most don't have any doorways to go inside.

Yes perhaps so.

Naturally, I desperately want it to be something more fascinating, but have to admit it is possible that's all it will turn out to be.

Well remember the pyramid WAS a government contracting job. Expect sloppiness and irrational features.
edit on 21/7/22 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Very possibly. If they used what some are calling the "chamber method" to build the thing, it would have been much easier and faster and would be filled with spaces of various sizes.

In the mid 1980s a French/Egyptian team investigated the Great Pyramid using ultrasound technology. Their efforts revealed that large cavities within the structure had been filled with pure sand. This is referred to as the "chamber method", and could have considerably increased the pace of work.

factsanddetails.com...

Harte

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

Very possibly. If they used what some are calling the "chamber method" to build the thing, it would have been much easier and faster and would be filled with spaces of various sizes.

In the mid 1980s a French/Egyptian team investigated the Great Pyramid using ultrasound technology. Their efforts revealed that large cavities within the structure had been filled with pure sand. This is referred to as the "chamber method", and could have considerably increased the pace of work.

factsanddetails.com...

Harte

Thanks for the details

posted on Jul, 26 2022 @ 11:55 PM
link   
If the chambers were only found toward the outer wall, and were left empty, then each one would only have to hold up a limited amount of mass.

The slope of the pyramid guarantees that. With a 51 degree slope, after you go up a number of meters nearly equal to the width of the room, there's just air above you from there on up. So not that much weight to support.

Its a great way to lower weight without losing structural integrity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join