It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of the Divine Authorship of the Bible

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 07:13 PM
link   
There are numerous ways to show that the words found in God's word known collectively to us as the Bible are not of human origin. For example, its accuracy with regard to the historic record and archeology, its scientific understanding, even though it is not a scientific textbook. It being a guide for all humankind whomever and wherever they are for betterment to their lives. The fact that it is available to basically 100% of the world's population, its reliable prophecies that have been fulfilled. But I want to point out something that is interesting, and cannot be a coincidence or a forgery by humans over vast sums of time.

You will see what I'm getting to when you realize how in recent modern-pop culture there is no canon that is not affected. What do I mean? Well there are fantasy universes that have been created by skilled storytellers that have enraptured people in our time, such as Star Wars® and Star Trek®, to name a few. And when you watch modern iterations of said universes canon is always broken. No one gets it right. Period. And we're talking about in our lifetime with the vast array of technology and knowledge at our fingertips.

Let us take a trip back to the Middle East to the banks of the Tigris river with Daniel in captivity in Babylon. He is near the end of his life when an angel appears to him to reveal to him sayings contained "in the writings of truth." What this scroll of truth was the Bible gives no further mention of. But it must have been available to at least certain angels in heaven. Jesus Christ when in heaven obviously had access to it, as well as this angel that gave the words found in it to Daniel. And there were other angels that appeared during this revelation to Daniel, so those angels knew about the sayings in this book.

If you would like to know what the angel revealed to Daniel about what was contained in the "writings of truth" you can read Daniel chapter 11 and 12. That it was something very important there could be no doubt. The angel that revealed it to Daniel said he had opposition from the demons. When he was sent to Daniel a demon prince of Persia stood in opposition to him and they fought for 21 days, and it wasn't until Michael the foremost prince came to give him a hand did he prevail to bring the word to Daniel:

"But the prince of the royal realm of Persia stood in opposition to me for 21 days. But then Miʹcha·el, one of the foremost princes, came to help me; and I remained there beside the kings of Persia. I have come to make you understand what will befall your people in the final part of the days, because it is a vision yet for the days to come...Do you know why I have come to you? Now I will go back to fight with the prince of Persia. When I leave, the prince of Greece will come. However, I will tell you the things recorded in the writings of truth. There is no one strongly supporting me in these things but Miʹcha·el, your prince."-Daniel 10:13-14, 20-21.

What was revealed to Daniel he could not understand. It was told him that the sayings would be sealed up and only in the time of the end would righteous servants of God, given insight through his holy spirit, understand it:

"Now as for me, I heard, but I could not understand; so I said: “O my lord, what will be the outcome of these things?”
Then he said: “Go, Daniel, because the words are to be kept secret and sealed up until the time of the end. Many will cleanse themselves and whiten themselves and will be refined. And the wicked ones will act wickedly, and none of the wicked will understand; but those having insight will understand.
"-Daniel 12:8-10.

Let us now focus in on a few things from Daniel 12. And we will see how Jesus Christ had intimate knowledge of the prophecy and how he applied it in his teachings and illustrations, and how also the angel who gave the Revelation to John on the island of Patmos alludes to certain aspects of these things. Actually the apostle Paul does as well. Now notice that the book of Daniel was penned by the prophet and completed before he died around the year 536 B. C. E. Jesus didn't preach what he did until over 560 years later during his earthly ministry between the years of 29-33 C. E., and John even longer (toward the end of the 1st century C. E.).

Daniel 12:1 tells us that there would be a "time of distress" and that at that time Michael would stand up on behalf of his people.

Matthew 24:21, 22 speaks of a "great tribulation" that would occur that would never occur again.

The angel giving the prophecy to Daniel, and Jesus' prophecy were of the same event. They obviously came from the same heavenly source, "the writings of truth" provided by Jehovah God to Jesus and the angel while they were in heaven. But there is much more. For example, the angel referring to this time period in the end says:

"“As for you, Daniel, keep the words secret, and seal up the book until the time of the end. Many will rove about, and the true knowledge will become abundant.”"-Daniel 12:4.

In a previous thread I explained the importance of meditating on God's word under direction of his holy spirit. Jehovah reveals here through the angel that during our time period those who have cleansed themselves, who are righteous, would be roving to and fro in the scriptures and that his holy spirit would guide them into understanding these marvelous sayings:

“And those having insight will shine as brightly as the expanse of heaven, and those bringing the many to righteousness like the stars, forever and ever."-Daniel 12:3.

Notice what Jesus said regarding these ones having insight, referring to this "writing of truth" that he had access to while in heaven (that was revealed to Daniel here), Jesus said:

"The Son of man will send his angels, and they will collect out from his Kingdom all things that cause stumbling and people who practice lawlessness, and they will pitch them into the fiery furnace. There is where their weeping and the gnashing of their teeth will be. At that time the righteous ones will shine as brightly as the sun in the Kingdom of their Father. Let the one who has ears listen."-Matthew 13:41-43.

At the end of the days Jesus, the "son of man" would send his angels and receive his chosen ones to heaven and there they would "shine as brightly as the sun in the Kingdom of their Father." Concerning that time Jesus also reveals to us at Matthew 24:29:

“Immediately after the tribulation of those days, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then the sign of the Son of man will appear in heaven, and all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in grief, and they will see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he will send out his angels with a great trumpet sound, and they will gather his chosen ones together from the four winds, from one extremity of the heavens to their other extremity.
edit on 15-7-2022 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The chosen ones will enter into the Kingdom of their Father after the great tribulation, or time of distress referred to both by the angel to Daniel and by Jesus Christ to his apostles.

Now Paul was given insight into these heavenly things as well he tells us when this happens referring to the last trumpet:

"For this is what we tell you by Jehovah’s word, that we the living who survive to the presence of the Lord will in no way precede those who have fallen asleep in death; because the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel’s voice and with God’s trumpet, and those who are dead in union with Christ will rise first. Afterward we the living who are surviving will, together with them, be caught away in clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and thus we will always be with the Lord. So keep comforting one another with these words."-1 Thessalonians 4:15-18.

The angel in Revelation giving understanding to John reveals much concerning that time. Notice what he reveals concerning the blowing of the last (or 7th) trumpet blast:

"But in the days when the seventh angel is about to blow his trumpet, the sacred secret that God declared as good news to his own slaves the prophets is indeed brought to a finish.”-Revelation 10:7.

During that trumpet blast the sacred secret is brought to a finish. What God declared through his slaves the prophets (such as Daniel!). Notice what the angel tells Daniel about this very thing:

"Then I heard the man clothed in linen, who was up above the waters of the stream, as he raised his right hand and his left hand to the heavens and swore by the One who is alive forever: “It will be for an appointed time, appointed times, and half a time. As soon as the dashing to pieces of the power of the holy people comes to an end, all these things will come to their finish.”-Daniel 12:7.

Notice how the angel hoovering above the waters of the Hidikel or Tigres river raised his right hand and his left hand to the heavens and explained these things pertaining to the 3 1/2 times: a time (1) times (2) and half a time (1/2).

Notice the angel in Revelation 10:

"The angel whom I saw standing on the sea and on the earth raised his right hand to heaven."-Revelation 10:5. This was right before he said the same things the angel told Daniel.

Did he also reveal about the 3 1/2 times?

"But as for the courtyard that is outside the temple sanctuary, leave it out and do not measure it, because it has been given to the nations, and they will trample the holy city underfoot for 42 months. I will cause my two witnesses to prophesy for 1,260 days dressed in sackcloth.”-Revelation 11:2-3.

Do 3 1/2 times really = 42 months, or 1,260 days? Yes:

"But the two wings of the great eagle were given to the woman, so that she might fly into the wilderness to her place, where she is to be fed for a time and times and half a time away from the face of the serpent."-Revelation 12:14.

"And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God and where they would feed her for 1,260 days."-Revelation 12:6.

A time = 1 year. 1 year on the Jewish calendar = 360 days. 3 1/2 years = 1,260 days = 42 months.

The angel who was revealing the wisdom in the "writings of truth," Jesus' illustrations, and his prophecies concerning the last days, the great tribulation, the calling of his chosen ones to heavenly life, the angel's vision given to John about these heavenly things all coincide and draw from the exact same source. A divine puzzle that would remain hidden until the time of the end when God's chosen ones would discern their meaning by means of roving to and fro through the scriptures and by means of the holy spirit discern their meaning. They shine as God's light while on earth today sharing insight with the people. And in the near future they will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father when they are raised to heavenly spirit life to rule with Jesus Christ as kings over the earth.

This is divine knowledge revealed by means of God's word through meditation and guided by his holy spirit. There is no two ways about it. It is not of human origin. God's word beyond human understanding that gives his servants wisdom beyond all the wisdom of the wise ones of this world.
edit on 15-7-2022 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 07:55 PM
link   
NVM
edit on 15-7-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Hey guys. This "man" of verse 5 and 6 is not an angel. It's the Lord actually.

Daniel 10
4 And in the four and twentieth day of the first month, as I was by the side of the great river, which is Hiddekel;
5 Then I lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold a certain man clothed in linen, whose loins were girded with fine gold of Uphaz:
6 His body also was like the beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet like in colour to polished brass, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude.

Daniel 12
5 Then I Daniel looked, and, behold, there stood other two, the one on this side of the bank of the river, and the other on that side of the bank of the river.
6 And one said to the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, How long shall it be to the end of these wonders?
7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.
8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?

Daniel wouldn't call an angel "Lord". What he was seeing in this vision was the Son of Man, The Lord, the Word, and/or Jesus Christ 500 years + before he walked the earth. And the Lord was accompanied by his two branches of Zechariah. This was God himself delivering this vision.

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ntech
Hey guys. This "man" of verse 5 and 6 is not an angel. It's the Lord actually.

This was an angel. It couldn't have been the "son of man" because he said Michael the Archangel had to help him fight against the demon Prince of Persia.

Michael is one of Jesus Christ's names. One he had before he came to earth.

That Jesus is the archangel we are informed in 1 Thessalonians 4:16:

"Because the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel’s voice and with God’s trumpet."

The Lord, Jesus Christ, descends with an archangel's voice. There is only one archangel ever mentioned in the Bible. Arch means chief, or head angel:

Jesus as the chief of God's angels is also mentioned in Revelation 12:7 waging war against Satan in heaven:

"And war broke out in heaven: Miʹcha·el and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled..."-Revelation 12:7.

The angel referred to must have been of very high rank and worked with Michael (Jesus) as well as Gabriel. We see this angel also telling Gabriel to give Daniel the understanding of a vision in Daniel 8:15, 16:

"While I, Daniel, was watching the vision and seeking to understand it, suddenly I saw standing in front of me someone who appeared to be a man. 16 Then I heard the voice of a man in the midst of the Uʹlai, and he called out: “Gaʹbri·el, make that one understand what he saw.”-Daniel 8:15, 16.

edit on 16-7-2022 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: randomuser

One can deny the scriptures as impossible, deny Jesus for the
carnal, deny God out of spite, Deny it all with prejudice. But no
one can deny any of it and call it understanding.

Good post

edit on 16-7-2022 by Randyvine2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Nice post but not proof I'm afraid. If you had proof of the divine, you would be very famous.

ETA I know this was a pretty ignorant thing to say, but I genuinely don't mean to upset anyone by it. 🙏🏻
edit on 16-7-2022 by Albert999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Albert999
Nice post but not proof I'm afraid. If you had proof of the divine, you would be very famous.

Wow, really. You're that smart?

Thx for the read OP.

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 04:59 AM
link   

What are your thoughts on the trinity? I have never heard Jesus and Michael are the same person. I reject that.

An interesting conjecture connecting Daniel to the birth of Christ is that the wise men from the east who came bearing gifts for Christ at his birth (we've all seen the Christmas play), were students trained to look for signs in the heavens through the educational institution established be Daniel 500 years earlier. Daniel had made provision for both recognizing and gifting the coming savior of the world.

This post also made me think about the construction of the new Jerusalem described by John. All of the 12 stones listed by John are heterogeneous and anisotropic (apparently). Something that I would be keen to test.

edit on 16-7-2022 by Zenchuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Untun

Thx for the read OP.

I read the title first.

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Thx for the read OP.

I read the title first.

I'd call it impulsive. I learned anything impulsive we do is bad.

For me it came over like a pig trampling pearls.

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Thx for the read OP.

I read the title first.

Sorry your feels got hurt. Maybe you shouldn't say you have proof in a thread title when you don't actually have proof?

Just a thought.
Cheers 👍🏻

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Thx for the read OP.

I read the title first.

Sorry your feels got hurt. Maybe you shouldn't say you have proof in a thread title when you don't actually have proof?

Just a thought.
Cheers 👍🏻

What kind of reply is that?

I didn't even start this thread, boy do I have you confused?

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Thx for the read OP.

I read the title first.

Just a thought.
Cheers 👍🏻

What kind of reply is that?

I didn't even start this thread, boy do I have you confused?

My bad, i thought you were the OP. Easy mistake to make. Do my replies make sense now?

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Albert999

Sure, they make a lot of sense to me. I just don't know if what I think of it is what you think of it. As I said, it was like a pig trampling pearls. You see what you see yourself though, that's what everybody does.

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zenchuck

What are your thoughts on the trinity? I have never heard Jesus and Michael are the same person. I reject that.

This person is a Jehovah's Witness. That is one of their doctrines, no trinity, and Michael is Jesus. JW's are nothing more than literature peddlers. Their understanding of the bible while better than the mainstream religions, is still deeply flawed. Mostly because they all believe it to be of divine origin, which it certainly is not. Unless, of course, you think the ruling elites throughout history are divine.

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 04:57 PM
link   

a reply to: Albert999

Sure, they make a lot of sense to me. I just don't know if what I think of it is what you think of it. As I said, it was like a pig trampling pearls. You see what you see yourself though, that's what everybody does.

I used to be trapped in your cult. You are using the exact same arguments as I did, almost word for word. You are brainwashed. Wake up please! I did, there is hope for you. You are working for a small group of con artists. There is no truth in what you believe, you are being used to recruit people into the fold so the WTS can get all their money.

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I figure when you don't talk to them you will eventually need to go over to self-defense or they either leave.

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomuser
There are numerous ways to show that the words found in
God's word known collectively to us as the Bible

Which bible version is that ?

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 11:35 PM
link   
It's better to be teached by the Bible and to teach the Bible what it says.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join