It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flags count vs record of threads doesn't add up

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Hi ATS,

First question, where have many of my threads gone? In my thread list more than half are missing.

This is also obvious by cross referencing my total flags count vs the total number of flags counted from my thread list.

Has the information been removed. If so as far as I knew this goes against ATS policy of retaining information, eg being that a post cannot be deleted or edited after 4 hours to ensure continuity of the thread and it making sense in the flow of a conversation.

Also many of my original uploads are gone. Some of my threads have blank spaces where image links should be.

Good to be back at ATS after a long break.. have I got a paranormal story for you guys, when I sit down and actually tell the story of what I've experienced.

One word.. hectic!

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Havick007

Thread history only saves fifty threads.

I guess you could probably find your older threads in the archives.

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Welcome back mate!

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

It should have all of them, I can see mine back to 2007. The missing threads versus the count are from reporting or contacting the Mods via the special link which goes to a private forum that only DToM truly enjoys.

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Thanks!

The threads list didn't used to be like that, it used to hold all threads of a member.

Are you sure that's why I can't see all my threads? How can I search for them when I can't remember all my old threads.

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Over half of my threads are missing. Theres a discrepancy of about 800 flags.

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I can see all of yours in individual forums but the list is still only fifty dating back to 2015.

I guess this is what's confusing the OP.

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I am not sure how many you should have but when clicking on your name tab and then viewing your threads there are way more than 50

here take a look all the way back to 2010

with this being your oldest thread I see

Mars Surface Pictures / Anomolies

hope that helps

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Look to the left of your thread list and there should be a forum list with number of threads.

Hope that helps.

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
I can see all of yours in individual forums but the list is still only fifty dating back to 2015.

On desktop you can scroll back to 2007 on mine.

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Look to the left of your thread list and there should be a forum list with number of threads.

Hope that helps.

The difference between those and the total is the above mentioned Mod forum. Each alert creates a thread.

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I don't understand..

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

On desktop you can scroll back to 2007 on mine.

Oh, I'm not on my desktop.

I seldom use ATS on my PC. I only really use it for business and gaming.

My bad.

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I'm not sure about that one myself.

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Havick007

Over half of my threads are missing. Theres a discrepancy of about 800 flags.

Could mods have deleted those threads? I think they're gone from the record count when they get deleted....I could be wrong on that.

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Welcome back!

Even on a mobile device you can see the equivalent desktop site by selecting "Desktop site" (in Chrome) in your mobile browser's options after the page has loaded.

In any case, here are the statistics I see for your profile:

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I don't understand..

If you alert the Mods about anything it creates a thread in a forum only they can see.

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 01:59 PM
link   

First question, where have many of my threads gone? In my thread list more than half are missing.

If threads are deleted they disappear from the list, but usually, the biggest difference is caused by the complaints, as those are in fact threads started on a forum only staff can see, but they still count as threads.

This is also obvious by cross referencing my total flags count vs the total number of flags counted from my thread list.

There's a difference of some 200 flags, maybe from deleted threads, I don't know.

Also many of my original uploads are gone. Some of my threads have blank spaces where image links should be.

Are you sure those broken links point to ATS uploads? Some image hosting sites stopped being free or limit the number of images of the free accounts to very low numbers. One of those cases is ImageShack, all the images I had uploaded there now are broken links (I'm not paying to have an account).

Good to be back at ATS after a long break.. have I got a paranormal story for you guys, when I sit down and actually tell the story of what I've experienced.

One word.. hectic!

Good to have you back!

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Havick007's profile shows 150, if I'm not mistaken.

You have to keep on scrolling to the end of the page to activate the (stupid, I hate it) "lazy load" of the next group of threads until it stops.

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

A few posts up I uploaded a screenshot of his stats. At that time it was at 175 threads authored by him.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join