It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Perseverance Rover - Possible organic material photographed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 09:33 PM
link   
G'day All!

Just came across this interesting image captured by Perseverance's Front Left Hazard Avoidance Camera on July 12th. I realize you can get similar looking objects from certain mineral growths or chemical reactions, but it looks like it could be organic! Pretty interesting stuff, wonder if we'll hear anything more about it.

Cheers!

Original Image

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Badams

Very cool!

It looks almost like frayed rope/twine type material to me.

Could it be part of a chute that deployed or similar type of rigging material for a vehicle entry?

Just applying that guys' razor to speculating on what this might be.

In any case, it does stick out, and raises questions, for sure.

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Here's a bit of video to show it might be the parachute.

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

I never thought it could be something from the entry vehicle, definitely could be, good thought. I could see it being frayed bits of parachute material.

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Did you just come across it in this other ATS post?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Saw elsewhere suggesting some parachute material electrical wire might have got wrapped up in a wheel and it finally got loose except it doesn't look like it has been damaged

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Came across it on twitter and the search function clearly hasn't served me particularly well!

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Clump of grass?

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: igloo
Clump of grass?

Alien haircut?

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 11:19 PM
link   

If you zoom in real close you can see how it possibly blew in from a northeastern to southwest angle and then stopped at that ripple and slid down a little toward a more southeastern angle.

It suspect it has some weight by the marks it left in the ground but it's light enough to be blown around as well.

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: igloo
Clump of grass?

So that's why my gardener skipped last week.

That son of a gun!

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 02:02 AM
link   
cool,

looks like a brittle starfish

and a sand dollar.

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: sarahvital
cool,

looks like a brittle starfish

and a sand dollar.

Mars tumbleweed mate!

Little and brittle

Bally

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Badams
G'day All!

Just came across this interesting image captured by Perseverance's Front Left Hazard Avoidance Camera on July 12th. I realize you can get similar looking objects from certain mineral growths or chemical reactions, but it looks like it could be organic! Pretty interesting stuff, wonder if we'll hear anything more about it.

Cheers!

Original Image

The sand formations around the objects versus the objects are so clean to have the sand around them naturally formed like that is incredible like the objects were placed. Like if I raked a zen garden from sand and placed objects on top.

Sorry if my thought is not conveyed the way I wish it to be but I have difficulty explaining what I mean to say based on the picture.

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

I can see what you are describing.

You have to remember gravity on Mars is lower than you are used to making it lighter than you would think.

The air on Mars is roughly 1/100 of Earth which makes it more difficult for things to blow around. That also makes any sand and dust that is blown around extremely fine. More like talcum powder than the sand and dust on earth. The dust in the air seen in pictures on Mars is smaller and finer than anything experienced on Earth.

That said, I do think it could be part of parashoot rigging that blew there. It also could be a scraping of a nylon or Teflon wheel bearing or seal that is starting to go bad. That would be very light and easily blown around.

Also any images of windmills on Mars settlements are rediculas. You only get the energy of a 1 mile per hour wind on Earth from a 100 mile per hour wind on Mars.

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Thank you for the insights!

I appreciate it.💯

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Sorry to disappoint, but it's really just a ghost-image created by swamp-gas reflection.

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

It's a good theory.
At this point we have sent so much stuff to mars there is bound to be some human trash sitting around. Probably a lot more than we would think with all the old rovers having parts fall off. The landing gear be it chutes or balloons.

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: baddmove

What sucks is that the more stuff we send there the more ct's are going to use pics of our own garbage as proof of aliens.
edit on 14-7-2022 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Here's a video with the flotsam in it.

top topics

join