It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They will ban slingshots next

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I was just cruising the internet as you do. Then I came across a channel on butterfly slingshots. The guy showing the technique was firing steel balls and hitting a plastic lighter from about sixty feet. Then put up a splinter of wood and cut it in half from that distance. I had never seen such accuracy. Then I searched power of slingshots, to my amazement a one-inch ball bearing fired from a slingshot had the hitting power of a 45 magnum. No wonder the medieval battlefields had so many caved-in skulls. It's more of a, I don't
believe it thread until you see the skill. This old guy is amazing.www.youtube.com...
edit on 13-7-2022 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I can kill a bumblebee at 7 yards with a decent, dogwood and rubber slingshot. I had quite the reputation as a teenager.

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

You do know you can use broadhead arrows on some slingshots. Don't know if it is actually leagle but you could take a dear with one.

I prefer a crossbow. Easier to hold ready.

edit on 7 13 2022 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Jorg is a legend!
Check out his channel,he makes a huge range of awesome slingshot stuff.
Last time I watched he was doing rapid firing/semi auto gatling slingshots.
Think he sells quite a few of his designs too,

Hes quite a character-I feel sorry for his wife as he sometimes breaks windows with ricochets while testing stuff out.
This repeater mini crossbow is great-
won't embed-
www.youtube.com...

Lives out in the woods somewhere in Austria IIRC-I bet the local cops have an understanding with him.in that they just let him get on with it and leave him alone .

edit on 13/7/2022 by Silcone Synapse because: whatever

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Something like five years ago, a buddy of mine and I went to Walmart and he bought a "wrist rocket" style sling shot and some type of round shot they had for ammo. Just the avegrage sling shot, no power bands and the ammo was plastic I believe. He was sixty years old at the time and they carded him! He needed to give them his ID and they wrote down his info before he could purchase it.

Can't be armed with anything these days without registering it, even a kid's sling shot I guess. I've been looking into martial arts self defense with a walking cane. If I go and buy a cane that I think will be suitable, will I need to register that too?
edit on 13-7-2022 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 06:28 PM
link   

They can 'ban' whatever they want for the so-called law abiding citizens, but it won't prevent anyone with a brain from gaining whatever basic melee / chemical explosive weapon that can be fashioned by anyone at home; so, their efforts are futile in the end.

www.reuters.com...

This guy made his own weapon with black powder, and estes electric / battery operated starters instead of percussion primers, most likely. It was a home-made primitive chemical weapon, but yeah, it worked.

Banning this stuff only prohibits the normal law abiding citizens from having a 'gun', while intelligent criminal minds will always find a way..... . sucks.

EDIT TO ADD: Sorry folks, I went off on this issue, and I realize that this is a slingshot thread. Sorry for that in me ... but weapons are weapons (and I have used slingshots since I was a kid, and made some of my own). Slingshots are about ZERO difference than the so-called 'fire arms' that use chemical energy instead of physical. Weapons are weapons. We all have a right to use them in self defense, IMHO. Sorry if I sent this thread in a wrong direction *blush*
edit on 13-7-2022 by Fowlerstoad because: .

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Atf will raid Bart Simpsons and Dennis the Menaces house and shoot their dogs

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I bought my son a sling shot years ago when he was about 9 years old. He became a damn good shot rather quickly. I COULD hit the broad side of a barn but that's about it. I never found my groove. I just bought a new sling shot but haven't had time to practice with it. I am looking for alternatives to guns for hunting and protection if for some reason I should need it. I bought a blow gun but you need really good lungs and your target must be fairly close. Crossbow takes too much time unless you can become adept at them. Bow and arrow you need quite a bit of strength to go any distance. Sling shot is fast and small. You do need to practice quite a bit to get good but that's with everything basically.

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing this! I was just wondering what my new hobby should be for the next lockdown!

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
Something like five years ago, a buddy of mine and I went to Walmart and he bought a "wrist rocket" style sling shot and some type of round shot they had for ammo. Just the avegrage sling shot, no power bands and the ammo was plastic I believe. He was sixty years old at the time and they carded him! He needed to give them his ID and they wrote down his info before he could purchase it.

Can't be armed with anything these days without registering it, even a kid's sling shot I guess. I've been looking into martial arts self defense with a walking cane. If I go and buy a cane that I think will be suitable, will I need to register that too?
Limp into the store. A cane is a walking aide.

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Looks like the UK has already heard your idea

www.salisburyjournal.co.uk...

planetradio.co.uk...

BAN those damned slingshots!
edit on 13-7-2022 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Lots of slings besides the wrist rocket. You can even do a a shepard’s sling with just a folded bandana so good luck banning them all. You can also make a one handed staff sling that mechanically is the same as the old apple on a sharpened stick. Only has the firing capacity akin to a lacrosse stick for striking power, just one handed.

Like all things it takes practice to be good. But since rocks are cheaper than bullets, not an expensive hobby.

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 07:48 PM
link   
They'll ban them right after they ban guns. Never.

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

I thought I had seen it all until I saw this one. This has to be some kind of zen.

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 09:31 PM
link   
You'd think they would just ban murder and general violence and be done with it!

I think the supporting masses are idiots, but those in charge know full well that laws don't apply to criminals.

Any law passed is only to dissuade current citizens from becoming criminals, and they're just taking away rights from citizens so quickly that we're all doomed to be criminals.
Then they can punish us at will.
The masses will cheer.

Or maybe the masses are just the 90% Twitter bots?
Either way they're apparently in charge...
edit on 13-7-2022 by lordcomac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2022 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

You can be uncivilised. you can also be civilised, you can also be over civilised.We might have gone that route.where it just isnt worth the time putting up with all the BS.Because in the end there is nothing to do .

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

Limp into the store. A cane is a walking aide.

Yes, it is something I could get away with at my age, the beard I'm sporting helps tremendously. I could modify a standard aluminum cane without altering it's appearance, but a heavy, stout hardwood hook style cane will do nicely without modification. Certain modifications could legally turn such a cane into an assault style weapon, so you'd need one off the shelf to avoid that.

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I was chasesd by a stray dog one time and it chased me all the way home in our village, My brother saw me crying and he took his sling shot and looked for the dog, he fired at it using only a small stone and I saw that the dogs legs were bleeding. So overall, using a sling shot is quite dangerous and should never be in the hands of children.

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Lots of slings besides the wrist rocket. You can even do a a shepard’s sling with just a folded bandana so good luck banning them all. You can also make a one handed staff sling that mechanically is the same as the old apple on a sharpened stick. Only has the firing capacity akin to a lacrosse stick for striking power, just one handed.

Like all things it takes practice to be good. But since rocks are cheaper than bullets, not an expensive hobby.

I played around with a sling when I was a kid. The David and Goliath type.

I put the rock through the barn wall and dented the combine that was parked inside.

That was the end of that!

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I made a huge slingshot when I was a kid. Made wood fork and mounted in the ground, slung with bungie chord and a large leather pouch that held a handful of marbles...

Refuse to incriminate myself with stories, but that thing was just plain dangerous.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join