It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are so many online tutorial videos barely speak English if that?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 10:14 AM
link   
There are plenty of online tutorials for various subjects on YT you could be there for a VERY long time learning stuff but the biggest hurdle is almost 99 percent of them are India out of all places and barely speak English many do not at all and use a 'phone' screen which furthermore doesn't translate well on a PC so you barely can see what he intends to show you.

Any of you encounter this flood of non english channels? I almost NEVER see an American do a documentary though I see British sometimes and India people a lot do stuff but for some reason Americans from the USA are absent online unless they post stupid comments that look like they were drunk out of their skull.

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Because America is becoming a nation of morons.

People who know nothing their phones don't tell them.

I would not take educational advice from morons.

That's why.

a reply to: SortingHat

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I've learned more from a kindly Indian man than from an American that has to tell the back story of their family for twenty minutes before getting to the two minute directions.
That might the reason why, even with the broken English, it's still bareable than "hi guys! So I was...." 🙄

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Perhaps there are people somewhere on this planet that don't speak English? Just a theory. I could be wrong.

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Noted, I think it's just people wanting to earn a bit money while teaching skills on youtube. I have watched a lot Indian "how to" on YT, because they are often just straight forward solutions. That I can learn and copy on the fly. Without 10 more minutes about listening to their intro, mid-tro and outro.

Mostly programming and computer related stuff.

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: SortingHat
...but the biggest hurdle is almost 99 percent of them are India out of all places...

What if the guy was doing a documentary on how to make vindaloo curry?

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Probably British. 👀

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: oddscreenname

That's tikka masala, vindaloo is from Goa.

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Some good music coming from there, too.
GOA.

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 10:42 AM
link   

That's what's so sad. We choose this ourselves we don't have to be a nation of morons either.

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

A LOT of some people. Literally every vide of 'some people' though ironically the British people tend to often stumble upon themselves where they say they will get to the video but talk about something or another then say 'I'll get to this to get to that so bear with me'. I think the bear went over the mountain to escape these mumble videos that never get to the dam point.
edit on 10-7-2022 by SortingHat because: Bear went over the mountain.

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I prefer the British ones if I must. Close Captioning makes it somewhat bearable as many tend to be mumblers where you have to crank out your speakers making the rest of the videos EXTRA LOUD!!!!! ITTTTTSSSSSS ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBBBBBBBBIEEEE! (Does guitar noise)

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Rare example of a good English tutorial that makes it to the point explaining the shut trip device of an elevator. He gets a little wordy but his graphics are really spot on to understand the connection to the sprinkler system and the terminals,breakers etc.

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I'm detecting some Indian hate. You didn't buy an extended warranty did you? 😂

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 10:57 AM
link   

There are plenty of online tutorials for various subjects on YT you could be there for a VERY long time learning stuff but the biggest hurdle is almost 99 percent of them are India out of all places and barely speak English many do not at all and use a 'phone' screen which furthermore doesn't translate well on a PC so you barely can see what he intends to show you.

Any of you encounter this flood of non english channels? I almost NEVER see an American do a documentary though I see British sometimes and India people a lot do stuff but for some reason Americans from the USA are absent online unless they post stupid comments that look like they were drunk out of their skull.

English speaking customer service is the only well paying job over there. Notice how all of the call centers you call have Indian accents? The tutorials are practice and also good on the resume. They get hired because they have english speaking experience explaining things with proof to show on their youtube channel.

I bet im right in there somewhere amidst what appears to be # talking.

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 11:01 AM
link   
You mean like your headline?

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Any of you encounter this flood of non english channels?

Yes, even yesterday, the best video I could find on how to replace the specific type of shower/tap selector my shower has from some Russian guy.

I almost NEVER see an American do a documentary though I see British sometimes and India people a lot do stuff but for some reason Americans from the USA are absent online unless they post stupid comments that look like they were drunk out of their skull.

But you can find several useless "unboxing" videos...

Answering the question in the thread's title: Because there are many more people that speak English as a second or third language than native English speakers.
India has English as one of their official languages and an estimated population of 1,352,642,280 for 2018.
Compare that with the population of the US (331,893,745), Canada (38,654,738) and the UK (67,326,569), for example, and you will see that it's only of third of India's population.
Now add all other countries with people that can speak English as a second language and you will see that the rest of the World is much bigger than the native English speaking World.

PS: It's useful to learn a second or third language.

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 11:38 AM
link   
If you're looking to make some crap out of cut up soda bottles & hot glue then yes, but the real ones are made in USA in English. My biggest complaint is when youtube puts an ad over the top of what the guy is trying to show, I have to close the ad and back up.

Or they know how to and want to show you how to set the points on a Wisconsin engine, but the guy has no idea how to operate a camera and the video is of his elbows.

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 11:55 AM
link   
"Why are so many online tutorial videos barely speak English if that?".

You can say that again...In English.

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 11:55 AM
link   

It's probably due to your viewing history, I don't get anything remotely like this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join