It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will we know if time travel becomes reality?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: LOIUSCIPHERE
my favorite show is coming on

ill respond later

what's it called?

TROLLS?

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: KindraLabelle2

In my questioning this, I am trying to reason how we exist in a time and place where things that used to not be anywhere close to acceptable, have become the norm almost instantly. Mass formation psychosis sounds like a nice quick answer, but doesn't seem to be the root of the truth.

Time travel and all of it's intricacies and paradoxes seems like a logical place to look. Moving backwards in time, seems like it would be a one way trip. And the changes that might take place could all alter the future, either on a micro scale or a macro one. And until the reality altering event takes place, it's impossible to know how big or small the change may be. Conversely, if the past was changed, then it was changed at a previous time, and reality, as we know it, still transpired as we expected it would, we existed in the same timeline with the same events taking place. The traveler saw a totally different timeline which brought him/her to travel backwards. And any changes that person makes, would alter the future.

Traveling into the future seems pointless, as the future has yet to happen. If you jump forward, you have just altered the future you went towards, and just the action of leaving "the present" could alter the future up to and including a point where "we" don't exist anymore.

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I've tried to sit down and draw out the design for a time machine and think of all the working parts it would take, just to see if future me would come back to present me and show me that it worked, but so far nothing. We can travel into the future, just not back in time, unfortunately. It definitely feels like someone went back and altered time. Funny enough, everyone said that Trump would make the whole country look like the altered 1985 Hill Valley, but it was them who pulled it off.

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 08:55 AM
link   

As you say, any changes that the time traveler makes would alter the future, which would create another paradox, because in the new future there wouldn't be a reason to go back in time to make changes.
considering this, they yes, if possible it most likely is a one way ticket and maybe even a suicide mission.

I was just re-watching a youtube vid that deals with how going faster then the speed of light would cause time-paradoxes in the present. Really hard to wrap your head around! lol
I think you might find it interesting so I'll post it below

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 09:13 AM
link   

not time travel, but when contemplating interstellar travel, more directly, faster than light (warp) travel, I am stuck with understanding how a vessel traveling faster than light, could avoid all the space debris that exists. When driving over 100MPH, our reaction to road distractions and dangers is diminished greatly. I'd think long before a photon torpedo did in the Enterprise, a small rock floating in space would tear through the center of the hull about 3 minutes into the first trip.

But on Earth, terrestrial time travel, or dimension shifting/jumping could be as close as going just a tiny bit faster than light.

I'm not totally convinced CERN hasn't changed something. Clown world was a joke, and will continue to be one.....until it isn't.

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Personally I think it would be 'easier' and safer to see the future and change the present, then to go to the past and change anything at all... theoretically.

If you think someone changed something, do you think they did it intentionally? And with the desired results?
Or did they mess up?

As for Clown world... I think that's a good way to describe it as it is right now!

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

I've tried to sit down and draw out the design for a time machine and think of all the working parts it would take, just to see if future me would come back to present me and show me that it worked, but so far nothing. We can travel into the future, just not back in time

I would not even know where to start when it comes to building a time machine! lol
but years ago, I sat down with the intention that future me would somehow be able to send the winning lottery numbers to that exact point in time... and nothing. (im not joking btw! lol)
It still remains the most interesting topic.

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 10:22 AM
link   
We know time travel is a reality when we experience a UFO.

Not any type of bog standard fly by ufo, but one that interacts with us.

At that point the individual will know that time travel is a reality.

There is a simple reason why people report an absolute multitude of UFO types. They are coming back or forward in time from different moments in flight technology.

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I started the theory as a joke, but as time passes, I have a hard time understanding how we could go from what we all remember as sort of "normal" to clown world. So I think it's possible that CERN did something, and had no idea they did it, or are covering up what happened. It's very possible nobody noticed anything odd, perhaps just one dude disappeared. I doubt anyone could make this kind of thing happen and control it or even comprehend it. But I feel like something happened. I know, thanks for the help dude, "something happened".

Somebody peaked behind the curtain, and should have left it alone. But then, how will anyone know what's back there?

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLabelle2

originally posted by: LOIUSCIPHERE
my favorite show is coming on

ill respond later

what's it called?

TROLLS?

the show is called i want to censor your speech and if i dont like what you say i start name calling

are you a woman?

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 02:10 AM
link   

The point of the whole matter is the nature of analog, and I know that the European version can mean the same thing, but not in the world of science.

Further we do not have to know what time is, only that it has to be an analog process because it can never be pinned down to anything exact. That is what I am talking about. Analog processes have strict rules as we have adopted the understanding that humans always digitize and it has nothing to do with computers. We just need to normalize our data so that it can be used in calculations that produce answers we can deal with.

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Hmm... there is that pesky analog value again, this time of infinite mass....

Another one of those "you can never get here, but you can get infinitely close."

It is the world of quantum theory.... and not only do we not know the nature of time, we certainly do not know how quantum theory works at all... Bet Ya analog and infinity have a home there as well.

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Current

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Even if the machine is invented, the timeline that travelers going is different from ours I think. Maybe we will never know because they would just disappear and don't affect our timeline. They are in a copy universe and they will experience it themselves after the departure which means we will continue living without any tampering. If they find a way to end up in this timeline back in time, I am still kind of sure that the cosmos will change things and we will remember it the way it was changed. So again probably we wont even notice.
edit on 21-8-2022 by belkide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 05:25 PM
link   

you should look up closed time loops

or the many worlds/universe interpretation

i don't think time travel is possible in the real sense of the word, to go back in time means you were already here and will always be there.

Paradox upon paradox

unless you think that the universe would step in somehow and stop the paradoxes happening

i think what most people think of as time travel is just 'switching lanes' or hopping the reality lines.

posted on Aug, 22 2022 @ 02:00 AM
link   

I dont buy the butterfly effect is that effective. That sorta wide-reaching determinism bugs the everloving s# outta me.

I think it dissipates not amplifies. Unless you literally tried to test the grandfather paradox or did something extreme I dont think you'd change much of anything..

Lets just say you kill the damn butterfly.

What do you change? One butterfly doesn't reproduce again or end up as food?

I feel a great way to conceptualize it is to think about it like taking one person out of an arena and trying to explore what would change.

So 5 minutes into a game you decide to kick a single person out. What is lost is a few hundred bucks at most and the random interactions he might have had.

And it dissipates.

"Most of the time" Example:

Let's say the selected patron had stayed and bumps into some guy that causes a new chain of events.

Strongest event is the bumping incident. Person gets pissed at the rudeness, demands an apology, and the guy slinks away scared of confrontation.

But the dude he bumped has added anger which he takes out on others including the parking attendant leaving. He yells and spreads his testosterone heavy behavior a bit. But not as confrontational as initially.

Then the parking attendant leaves thinking, "Wow that dude got to me". He isn't as emotional, just bugged. So he talks to his wife and she feels a dissipated degree of anger on his behalf. They talk. He feels better.

And by the time she brings it up to the friend at work the next day it's so far removed from the impact of the preceding interactions that is dies like a ripple on water.

So disorder increases to make the event irrelevant before it spreads too far. Unless the event is like shooting The Arch Duke.

Just how I view it anyway. In a thought experiment sorta way.
edit on 22-8-2022 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2022 @ 02:35 AM
link   
You won’t know because we'll just keep going back until it’s all covered up…
Time travel is the best way to keep secrets…
Works even better than the flashy thing…

posted on Aug, 22 2022 @ 02:40 AM
link   

If time is a reality then we're already have way there.
If time is not a reality then it only exists in the mind
as an illusion. And in the mind time travel would be a
reality. I figured this much out in exactly the same
amount of time it took me to write this post. My
work is done beer.

posted on Aug, 22 2022 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I was meditating on time travel the other day and the one thing that stood out was that it's already possible to transfer your consciousness through time.

You are able to observe both the future eventualities and events of the past, but unable to phsycially do anything that would affect the overall timeline.

A variation of Remote Viewing.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join