It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mods are just giving out member info now[question mark]

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 02:06 AM
link   
So, just a few minutes ago I got an e-mail from someome saying they got my e-mail from one of the mods to join another forum. I scoped it out, not much there at the moment, but what really gets under my skin is someone on the mod team just thought it would be, what, super fine to just give one of my e-mails to someone?

That someone could have just messaged me. Asked me if I would be interested. The mod could have taken a moment to wonder if maybe they shoyod message me of I'm interested or tell the guy to ask me himself.

But nope. Guess I gotta delete another burner account.

To everyone else. If you using an e-mail account that you use for other non-burnable matters you might want to consider setting up a new one.

I've got a screenshot of the message, but it has his name in it for whatever reason, and I for one actually respect peoples' privacy. I'm not going to blame him for a mod giving out my information, but whichever mod decided to do so is a real jerk. Could have asked me at least.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I received this email as well.

The sender is a known hoaxer/spammer who has been banned from ATS multiple times. All staff are aware of him, his site and his techniques of signing up repeatedly to spam his site here while claiming it's only his loyal followers wanting to spread the word.

I do not know how he got the email addresses he has apparently sent his spam to.

I can assure you it will be looked into.

Members, please feel free to share any info you may find about this guy here on this thread.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Djarums
I received this email as well.

The sender is a known hoaxer/spammer who has been banned from ATS multiple times. All staff are aware of him, his site and his techniques of signing up repeatedly to spam his site here while claiming it's only his loyal followers wanting to spread the word.

I do not know how he got the email addresses he has apparently sent his spam to.

I can assure you it will be looked into.

Members, please feel free to share any info you may find about this guy here on this thread.

I received this email as well, The email was sent to one of my other mail addresses not the one i have here in my settings. Like other members i joined a couple of other sites while ats was down just recently. Cheers,

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Djarums

Ah, Thanks for the info. He's going by Josiah Pastor.
He's using a Proton account passtoreal@proton

Here is the screenshot I took.

It may be personal towards you since he knows how to send e-mails to people using your e-mail account.

I got the e-mail, but as you'll see it has you as the recipient.
edit on 3-7-2022 by AutomateThis1v2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Robbo2006

Same. Maybe if we can figure out who all got the e-mail and who is on what forums we can find the leak.

I've probably registered on all the ones that got pitched, so that probably won't help.

Also, it seems the guy's forum is only accesible by VPN, because my cable provider will block it as a potentially risky website.
edit on 3-7-2022 by AutomateThis1v2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Everyone should flag this thread so as much people see this so they can take security steps.

I did not get this email by the way , atleast not yet.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1v2
a reply to: Djarums

It may be personal towards you since he knows how to send e-mails to people using your e-mail account.

I got the e-mail, but as you'll see it has you as the recipient.

He's using the Blind Carbon Copy, where only 1 email address shows (in this case djarums), although email could be going out to hundreds of different addresses, the rest are hidden

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 05:20 AM
link   
After reading this thread I've checked all my email accounts and sure enough I got an email off this person.

If he wasn't annoying enough when he was just spamming numerous threads he's now resorting to this.....I'm not pleased.

And I'd really like to know how he's got these email addresses?
I'm not one for finger pointing and playing the blame game but surely we have a right to know what happened and what steps ATS are going to take to try their best to ensure it won't happen again?

But ultimately the responsibility lies with the annoying wanker who is doing this.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Just checked my spam folder- I got one on July 2. Was ATS hacked to get all of our emails?

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
After reading this thread I've checked all my email accounts and sure enough I got an email off this person.

I didn't. I wonder why I am always ignored by the spammers.

And I'd really like to know how he's got these email addresses?
I'm not one for finger pointing and playing the blame game but surely we have a right to know what happened and what steps ATS are going to take to try their best to ensure it won't happen again?

Robbo2006 said the email was received on an account that is not the one used on ATS, so it looks like they got the emails from a different source.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Hmm....The email address spammed is not the one connected to ATS.
It is connected to an account I have on another conspiracy website......

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1v2

Impressive stats, NOT!

STATISTICS
Total posts 16 • Total topics 11 • Total members 10 • Our newest member network dude

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Anyone got any advice which VPN will work with ATS?

I installed one a couple of days ago and have to switch it off to come on here 😒

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 08:46 AM
link   

but whichever mod decided to do so is a real jerk. Could have asked me at least.

So the mods on ATS are jerks because your SPAM email tells you your details were obtained on ATS?????

More likely you being so new here would make me think that you were more likely the untrustworthy one if anything.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreazel
Everyone should flag this thread so as much people see this so they can take security steps.

Why?
Has the OP claim that a "mod jerk" here on ATS is responsible been proven.

Short sided indeed.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

but whichever mod decided to do so is a real jerk. Could have asked me at least.

So the mods on ATS are jerks because your SPAM email tells you your details were obtained on ATS?????

More likely you being so new here would make me think that you were more likely the untrustworthy one if anything.

I don't think it was unreasonable to think a mod gave away the email. It literally says so in the email. Now that it is cleared up, there is no need to pick on the OP for jumping to what was a reasonable suspicion. There is even a question mark in the title. Not even the actual mods are getting worked up over the assumption.
edit on 3-7-2022 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede

originally posted by: CthruU

I don't think it was unreasonable to think a mod gave away the email. It literally says so in the email. Now that it is cleared up, there is no need to pick on the OP for jumping to what was a reasonable suspicion. There is even a question mark in the title. Not even the actual mods are getting worked up over the assumption.

No there was no reasonable reason to think that at all.

"It literally says so in the email" LOL it's a spam email.

If you think I'm picking on the OP - then if you say so?????

Regardless of the mods levels of input it is a unnecessary practice to call out people as "jerks" without getting your ducks in a row......end of story.

And I have every right to point that out regardless of your emotional fragility for the OP.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Ok. I got the e-mail too, but not on the e-mail address that was currently in use on ATS. Instead, it was an old e-mail address I used a long time ago. My current address did not receive the e-mail.
The old e-mail address was the one I used to register on a temporary site set up during the ATS crash. I registered on another established site later on but that was using a current address, not the one I got the spam email on.

So, to reiterate, I got the message on an email account only used once a while ago on ATS, and once on a temp site (should have used a burner on anything temporary in retrospect, I guess I am not very net savvy. Silly me). That's all I know. Not very helpful I guess but any info adds up.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 10:17 AM
link   
As if I wasn't paranoid enough, now this...

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 10:36 AM
link   
So it’s looking like the email addresses have been harvested from another forum people were signing up with during the ATS downtime. As far as why I’d be the lucky one showing in the recipient line? I confronted him when he was spamming my discord and tossed him from there. I suppose there are hard feelings on his end. Not the first time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join