It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forcibly enlisted Hockey Star Ivan Fedotov was rushed to the hospital

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 07:41 AM
link   
It seems that Russia has lost its marbles totally. Ivan Fedotov refuses to join killing Ukrainians and faced this quick ride to hospital after he was detained in St. Petersburg. He notified that he will continue with Philadelphia Flyers as a goalkeeper and signed a contract with them in May.

Is this good publicity to Russia.. No No

LINK

There is not offical statement from police of St.Petersburg now Russian Army of this incident yet.

I hope they guy is ok and was not beaten in that condition.

Hockey News Hub twitter link

edit on 2-7-2022 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Of course he was beaten up.

They are Russia. And Russians. They are violent and evil. Always been, always will be.

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: MapOfNowhere

or should check out china or saudi arabia if you think that is evil. Or are you of the persuasion that if we remove russia from the world all evil in the world is removed?

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 11:37 AM
link   
What a petty thing to do. What a sad world we live in.

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MapOfNowhere

They are Russia. And Russians. They are violent and evil. Always been, always will be.

Guess you haven't met Americans yet....

I heard sometimes they shoot at you if you accidently cut somebody off on the road.

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MisguidedAngel

Come on over! Find out!

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Been driving rush hour in a major metro for over 20 years and never seen it happen. I have seen trucks catching fire, overturning, jackknifing. I have seen some dude driving an old car down the road on a metal rim, sparks flying all over, while other parts of his car were flying off all around him and going somewhere north of 90mph. And various and sundry other crazy things ... but I've never seen anyone shoot at anyone.

Of course, there's a reason why everyone and their brother all over the nation ... and the world ... hears about those things when they *do* happen. It's because they're so rare that they are major news. If it were common, you wouldn't hear about it, just like you don't hear about all the random shootings that take place in cities like Chicago and New York and LA - there are so many that people just expect it as normal.
edit on 2-7-2022 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MapOfNowhere

Ukraine hunted down MMA fighters that had worked and trained with Russians ten beat the hell out of them. One of them is likely dead because no one has seen him after they posted videos of how they beat him to a pulp.

IMO, the fact that there are so many Ukrainians that not only do this they also post it for the world to see means they are a lot more vicious and depraved than Russians.

Then there are the hundreds of videos where they tie people to trees and polls then proceed to beat them, pull down their pants no matter if they were female or children, and paint their faces green if they are Roma, there was one video where they stripped a girl naked and burned her hair off. In the winter they poured water on them. Traditionally they are left tied to the trees overnight. Several wound up with 3rd-degree frostbite.

The thing reminds me of videos in Muslim countries where they prosecuted Sharia law whipping people in their village centers.

From what I can tell there is no codified law or observed law regarding how Ukraine acts. A person can be accused of something and that is it. The mob determines "justice." Who knows if those people actually did what they are accused of. There is no due process. Someone with an axe to grind can have their way if they have enough friends.

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Just substitute black or Jewish and then we can justify slavery and the Holocaust. It's super convenient to dehumanize people before you enslave or exterminate them. It's what all the most civilized societies do. It's what Western government has done to their citizens for the past several years.

While I understand the tolerant left has allowed social media to degenerate into a safe space for racial and ethnic hate, some on ATS still find it unacceptable.

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I will say that war is hell and this is why no one, NO ONE, should want to go to war. No matter how just your cause is, your side will not come out morally clean. It just won't happen. Once the killing starts, people are going to do the worst things to each other because each side has to dehumanize the other. It's the only possible way to attempt to do what you're doing and stay sane.

We should all pray that the US does not start trying to rip itself apart in a hot war or else this will be us.

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Ideology's are evil, people are sometimes evil and sometimes good but a blanket claim about an entire nation is not true and never can be, it can be about there current leadership though.

You know though sticking with your measure then so too are the Ukrainians believe it or not, along with the Belarusians they were brothers of the Russians, the three Russo Slavic nations that were the main party's of the old Russian empire, they used to love there old Pogroms back in the day.

And lest we forget as for those Nationalists (remember there is just as bad in Russia).

During WW2 Ukrainian nationalists butchered at least half a million POLISH Ukrainians (another smaller holocaust and it was a Pogrom but instead of against the usual Jewish victims this was against the Poles though what they did to the Ukrainians Jews was just as bad), that is ethnic poles that just happened to live within the Ukraine and they did this while the Germans were in charge of the Ukraine.

Now this is in no way to excuse the Russian's, lest we also forget they were ALLIES of Hitler until he invaded them and had CO-Invaded Poland, perhaps it was only the full scale outbreak of WW2 that stopped Stalin murdering and deporting the poles in his side of that nation, after WW2 many Poles that had fought on our side (Britain) were sent back there and once they crossed the border most of those were murdered by the Soviets because they feared having a fully trained polish army that would eventually rise up and demand there nation back within Poland, true Polish Patriots that had fled to the west to fight the NAZI's AND the SOVIET'S after there nation had been invaded by them BOTH.

But what happened to the Polish in the Ukraine at the hand's of Bandera's faction is unforgivable and so is being swept under the carpet right now, the Ukraine has never payed reparations to the family's of those polish people and they have never received and likely never shall receive any form of justice though very few Ukrainian Poles survived the horrors of the Ukrainian nationalists.
justice4poland.com...

Now while we have no choice but to stop Putin because he is NOT going to stop unless he is stopped we must remember who the hell are we arming?.

One final thought, NOT all Russians OR Ukrainians or Belarusians are evil, the Evil ones are a minority but they are less civilized than the west (and we have not always been the good guy's lest we also forget).

So Russian's, I like them as long as they stay in Russia or come in peace (And I mean peace), I mean we need some vodka now and then don't we (they can keep there fish egg's though yuck).

edit on 2-7-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisguidedAngel

I heard sometimes they shoot at you if you accidently cut somebody off on the road.

And kids in school. And each other. OMG and other people as well!

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 08:32 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 08:33 PM
link   

There are about 330 million Americans. Of course there are idiots also, plenty.

The ones i know are neutral or nice. More often quite nice.

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 11:04 PM
link   

or shoot your ex in the back of the head while she's pushing your 3 month old in a stroller in the upper east side.

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Been driving rush hour in a major metro for over 20 years and never seen it happen. I have seen trucks catching fire, overturning, jackknifing. I have seen some dude driving an old car down the road on a metal rim, sparks flying all over, while other parts of his car were flying off all around him and going somewhere north of 90mph. And various and sundry other crazy things ... but I've never seen anyone shoot at anyone.

Of course, there's a reason why everyone and their brother all over the nation ... and the world ... hears about those things when they *do* happen. It's because they're so rare that they are major news. If it were common, you wouldn't hear about it, just like you don't hear about all the random shootings that take place in cities like Chicago and New York and LA - there are so many that people just expect it as normal.

That's nice. Depends where you live and the circle you roll in too, 2-3 years ago I was doing somersaults in front of a grocery store dodging bullets, from 2 cars chasing each other through a parking lot that opened fire on each other at 7 PM. Several of the windows were shot out literally above my head. About 3-4 months ago ive driven backwards down a one way street trying to keep my head below the dashboard as much as possible because I "stole" someone's parking spot on the street and he got out his car and started walking towards me pointing a gun at my head through my windshield. I've honestly lost count how many times I've been threatened on the road with a gun.
edit on 2-7-2022 by MisguidedAngel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

Come on over! Find out!

Come on over?

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Recently there was a Ukrainian MMA/UFC that said something to a African American UFC fighter and lets just say he was defeated at the UFC and not given another chance.

edit on 3-7-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The Ukrainian side isn't anywhere near clean on this either. Some sports players are doing this because they thought they would be allowed to play.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 12:04 AM
link   

There are about 330 million Americans. Of course there are idiots also, plenty.

The ones i know are neutral or nice. More often quite nice.

The vast majority of the people anywhere in the world are nice, non violent, good people. I figure 90%+ of all people are good people, that just want to live their lives and don't want to hurt other people.

Saying an entire country of people are "evil and violent" is really quite 🤮

top topics

<<   2 >>

join