It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finland & Sweden cleared to join NATO

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Turkey's President, Erdogan, has now removed the two European country's last remaining barrier to entry into NATO. Reports from the summit in Madrid say all three contested countries are now in agreement, having resolved several Turkish concerns.

Rolling live bulletin here:
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TerraLiga

I'm wishing on a Black Hole Sun. Done with this drama/theater world

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

That would depend on Russia's retaliation...

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I can't help but think of a song. Sure she's a whiney Canadian, but the song is one that sticks with you. Likely even more when you invade a country because you are mad at NATO encroachment, and your anger only leads to more bordering nations joining NATO BECAUSE of your actions.

Just seems....I don't know.....Ironic.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Finland and Sweden has always been de facto NATO countries since decades ago. It would be more interesting to see Cuba, Venezuela join BRICS after Iran and Argentina.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 04:58 PM
link   
NATO has been training with Sweden and Finland for years.. so does this change anything ?

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
NATO has been training with Sweden and Finland for years.. so does this change anything ?

Maybe for trade.

But defense wise, the EU has a defense clause similar to NATO. Most of the key members of the EU are in NATO. so as someone pointed out, many European countries are de facto NATO members.

If one of the non NATO EU countries were attacked, it is just a matter of time for NATO involvement.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Yes. If either, but especially Finland, pursues their application then Putin will retaliate as he stated. There was no immediate threat prior to the application intention was made.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerraLiga

Yes. If either, but especially Finland, pursues their application then Putin will retaliate as he stated. There was no immediate threat prior to the application intention was made.

Putin should "retaliate" himself..maybe commit suicide, because he is the one who made this happen, not as smart as he thinks he is.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Sweden and Finland are not a big deal. Sweden population 10 million. Finland population 5 million.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Oh look more gang members

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisguidedAngel
Oh look more gang members

Care to elaborate?

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: taitekman

Maybe u think so but the fact is that Finland is capable to fight back. Military service in Finland is mandatory.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The Fins don't f around, not their 1st rodeo with Russia/USSR

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: taitekman

Only a Russian would think in terms of numbers and not capability.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod
If anyone doesn't know, Russia/USSR invaded Finland in 39, after earlier signing a non aggression pact..what a surprise

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 08:15 PM
link   

And a far less military capable Finland (compared to today) bled Russia brutally.

Honestly even without Nato assistance I think there is a good chance Finland would eat russia for breakfast.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: taitekman
Sweden and Finland are not a big deal. Sweden population 10 million. Finland population 5 million.

It just puts up a wall to where Putin can not advance on them in anyway as he did in Ukraine. Finland is also strategic to both sides, and that is why Putin will have a fit over this, not their population size.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

From a purely logistical stance… I honestly have no idea. I don’t know that much about European politics to have an opinion.

But I mean from a completely psychological F# you Russia stance, well this is obviously huge… you wouldn’t even need to be any kind of genius to realize it either.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

And a far less military capable Finland (compared to today) bled Russia brutally.

Honestly even without Nato assistance I think there is a good chance Finland would eat russia for breakfast.

They sure did!

As for currently, I guess it depend on how far Putin will take it, if conventional, I think they would kick some ass.
edit on 28-6-2022 by vonclod because: afterthought

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join