It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kudos to his Coda. My mentor...The Key is E-b (flat), Mister.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 11:49 PM
link   
My chorus teacher and musical director in 5 musical and choral groups, passed recently. He shall remain nameless, here. My biggest influence. Eventual records, tours, tv, scripts and even got myself listed in R.Stone's Top 100 groups of all time.. It all started to click in the 67-70 phase with him.

I was already a recorded child rocker kid at 13, and local Bob Seger was 19 or so. Mc5, Stooges, Motown. When I got to high school, I was already performing at least twice a week and on school nights. My parents were my managers. My soul groups w horns and two drummers were ahead of our time. State Fair Bandshell many, many years...and all over.

In school, he used to walk into the performance area, look around, say nothing but write a "B.A." on the blackboard. "You guys have Bad Attitude" he'd scream, sometimes yelling. Right away. Perfection. Discipline, friendship. He taught me to project my voice, improved my piano playing, encouraged me to solo at choir performances with my guitar, and almost everything about arranging, harmony and theory for 4 years. Directed me in Man of La Mancha, Camelot, Fiddler etc as well.

About his influence of perfection? I never forgot this till today while sending a condolence to his family. I shall repeat it here as I remember:

(Mean scowl on his face.)"The Key is Eb(flat). So if you guys sing outta tune wavering, youre down into the previous note, therefore, now an "accidental". And if youre singing accident-ally, you dont belong here. Get out.!"

I rolled... thanks to him, from the horn band days/soul, to the hippie days of CSNY, Elton John, Beatles in performances and all the while watching him compose with fire in his eyes, and I learned to arrange. To harmonize. *Footnote: He mustve taught me well. as within 3 years, I was at Motown recording. He taught me perfection. Commitment. Stage presence. Pride. Love yourself. Love God. Music can be a gateway. And he held it open for me. Thank you sir.

He is now buried in Canada across the river. And I still perform. Thanks to a great man.

Mysterioustranger

posted on Jun, 26 2022 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Friendship is like music, and with that... music is magic and you are the magic that makes the music from your heart, mysterious stranger.

posted on Jun, 26 2022 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

got myself listed in R.Stone's Top 100 groups of all time.

What group would that be?

posted on Jun, 26 2022 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Condolences Brother.

Those who help unlock our talents and gifts are the ones we miss the most. Sounds like a person i would have loved to have met

posted on Jun, 26 2022 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

A very very nice thing to say my Rising Sun friend w guitar! You know.....

Peace

posted on Jun, 26 2022 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Mod or 2 here know. Im not hiding, but not divulging either. Want more? Contact me p.m.ly.

My groups music is in Tommy Boy, the Sopranos, Trains, Planes and Automobiles. In the credits...you hafta look...but....it isn't the important thing. But, to leave something behind of yourself like that.....and be a good person....my teacher placed me on that path....

posted on Jun, 26 2022 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I appreciate your reply and your privacy even more.
So i will try find out from those crumbs you left and see if my sleuthing skills are up to scratch.

posted on Jun, 26 2022 @ 03:43 PM
link   

My friend, its really no secret, but Im not now or ever was here for that. And ATS really doesnt divuldge much of our personal lives here anyway. I just ususally list my qualifications sometime, when I respond from experience.

Either musical, medical or Metaphysical. Thanks for asking....

*I never said I wont say! Cause man...you and I been here awhile as members.

posted on Jun, 26 2022 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Hey, SK? Do I see "DUBLIN"? As in DUBLIN-DUBLIN? Cause if so, then you probably already remember us. Still get royalties for the UK.

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Oh yeah Dublin, from the land of saints and scholars. Im a true Dub through and through.
You ever play here, or anywhere in Ireland? Any memories from back in da day?

new topics

top topics

join