It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When I need some perspective

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 10:36 PM
link   
This woman is amazing , so strong ,so determined!
I obsess about some scarring I have , and here this woman lose all four limbs to sepsis and is still able to smile and continue.
This video puts things into perspective.

I struggle with day to day, like us all, but I have my limbs and I am able to do everything without a struggle or without having to think about every step and every movement.

I'm in awe:

I hope it's okay to post this at ATS , but it's on youtube already so shouldn't be any privacy concerns etc.

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

I'm reminded of one of my favorite adages- "I once felt sorry for myself because I had no shoes, and then I met a man who had no feet".

There's always something to be grateful for, and happiness is a choice. It's also a lot of work when nothing is going well!

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Most people think the worth of life is found in what they can physically do or feel. The wise have long held that such is not the case.

posted on Jun, 18 2022 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I obviously agree that there is always someone worse off than you and that you should be grateful for what you still have.
Sometimes this helps giving a new perspective and leads to peace of mind.
Other times however I have asked myself how far down can you go and still be accepting?
As there are always people worse off even if you suffer greatly.
There is so much more going on then just a hierarchy of suffering.
Character, circumstances, mental stability, environment, family etc.
People who survived are often happy just to be alive regardless of their new injuries.
Someone with a mental illness might kill themselves just because life is not for them.
There is no formula, everyone is different.
People like this lady are a great inspiration and hopefully she'll open some eyes.

posted on Jun, 18 2022 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight
This woman is amazing , so strong ,so determined!
I obsess about some scarring I have , and here this woman lose all four limbs to sepsis and is still able to smile and continue.
This video puts things into perspective.

I struggle with day to day, like us all, but I have my limbs and I am able to do everything without a struggle or without having to think about every step and every movement.

I'm in awe:

I hope it's okay to post this at ATS , but it's on youtube already so shouldn't be any privacy concerns etc.

Amazing. thank you.

new topics

top topics

join