It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predator 5 : Prey

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

originally posted by: everyone
She then goes on to hunt and ironically completely fails at it. Then this tiny lightweight girl becomes the hunter of this predator alien

Like i said. This movie is just another huge woke joke.

If they're going to present her as some kind of expert hunter, at least make the bear hunt realistic instead of showing her hunting the bear in the most idiotic way possible - putting herself in its direct path in full view of it before pissing it off by shooting it in the neck with an arrow, and then running away from it.

It is made by progressives with a Disney affiliation. what else can we expect other than sub standard writing.

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

A star wars fan film short that is probably better than this Predator 5 is going to be and that is also secretly a Predator fan film (plus it's got a fat space cowboy haha).

edit on 14-6-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Pray it's better than the last 5 predators were

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: XipeTotex

originally posted by: everyone
a reply to: XipeTotex

Only thing that bothers me in the trailers, is that the natives speak english, would be more cool if they were speaking navajo or something.

Because that woke move worked so well for Steven Spielberg's musical?

I dont know, i like how it sounds, also like to watch indian and egyptian movies,, well in any other language than english or my language. But yankees cant deal with subtitles so english it is then.

There were no subtitles in Steven Spielberg's musical. It was deemed offensive.
edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoWed, 15 Jun 2022 21:35:07 -05002220226America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Have you seen it?

I thought it was one of the best to date, really well written. Predators are only ever supposed to match the ability of their prey, if the prey wants to fist fight they're supposed to oblige them... Hunts are predominantly to find the most worthy of prey so to beat them at their chosen skill is more honourable.

Obviously don't want to give any spoilers away so I'll just say that this predator is old and it shows brutally when the humans play tactics on it. Couldn't care less about the politics people apply to the movie, imho it's did the lore and the franchise more than justice.

Well worth a watch if you find the time.

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I love the Predator movies , but this one sucked Arse.

The issues with this one was not just the tired and overdone woke singling. It was on par with the Danny Glover ghetto Predator 2. The only thing that did not suck was cinematographic eye candy on hdr.

Even worse than the autistic predator , which I didn't find horrible tbh. This one just sucked all around IMO.

All the predators besides this one and ghetto predator 2 which I like to pretend never happened were enjoyable to watch including autistic predator.
I would say predator 1,both alien vs predators ,and the Adrien Brody Predators were my favorites.

this goes on par with ghetto predator 2 ,where I would like to pretend it never happened. Maybe they can follow this one with She-hulk vs predator.
edit on 53930America/ChicagoTue, 06 Sep 2022 19:53:59 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Your video isn't working.

I don't care about all that woke stuff and to be honest I probably would've enjoyed reading the story a lot more.

I think it did well enough in capturing the essence of the story. A decrepit old predator that's physically way past it's prime but experience wise more than capable of hunting the best. It shows you how it hunts extremely effectively the better predator movies should leave you guessing wtf is going on and I'm still wondering why that predator loved his prey at optimal adrenal levels for fighting. He wasn't cheating. Yet sometimes he cheated.

I think personally that predator was on his last pilgrimage and got exactly what he wanted in an extremely poetic way. I get the wokeness, first hunt. It's a woman, not much guns etc etc. It stayed true to the lore though, predators do fair fights and even then you can only outsmart them.

Da Vinci vs Predator would be a lot more fun than she-hulk and should tick most of the woke boxes... Idk maybe I'll accept any old # I do love predator movies and I hope they keep making them, atleast there's variation.

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

I think personally that predator was on his last pilgrimage and got exactly what he wanted in an extremely poetic way.

Thats the problem with wokeness in movies and why it destroys the plot,atleast for me. Besides bringing in the tired same one sided biased political views they clearly don't put enough time or thought into the plots anymore as it is, and they certainly don't have the talent or time to dedicate any of the plot to that tired narrative.

The woke plots are basically cookie cutter. They are overdone and are inserted into most plots know a days while they just change the background a little or insert a genre. This could have easily been a story on lifetime for women had you replaced the predator with an abusive ex husband.

Had they done like you are suggesting and focused more on the background of the predator it would have been more enjoyable , instead they focused on a cookie cutter background (women power , women oppression , and white people bad).

Which is fine if you enjoy those type of movies , but I don't care for lifetime for women movies. I have no problem with strong women lead in movies but without having to spoon feed me the undertone of how bad women have it or victimization. I loved the tv show ALIAS with Jennifer Garner, Elektra, Aliens with Sigourney Weaver , Terminator with Linda Hamilton , Jodi foster contact, etc. They were all strong women and kicked ass. The difference is that with those movies there were no undertones of the over done women victimization nor victimization based on sex ,color, or sexuality. it was strictly about kicking ass. If you want to focus or push plot undertones on victimization then make a freaking drama and not a scifi movie. I personally watch sci fi movie to temporarily escape reality by getting embedded into the plot and not to be reminded of bs virtual signaling political views which society is already inundated in reality. As soon as the victimization card comes up it just takes me out of the movie experience, because it becomes political and annoying as MSM news.

Here was the video that didn't work with my post. It was about the horrendous predator 2 which IMO was slightly worse if not equally not as entertaining as prey. Prey may beat it only because the filming was stunning to watch in HDR.

edit on 03930America/ChicagoWed, 07 Sep 2022 10:03:21 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I understand where you're coming from. I suppose I am turning a blind eye to it because now that I think about it even her mother was trying to put her in her place.

Times change, audiences change. If I wanted fantasy growing up I had Harry Potter, kid's these days watch game of thrones. For the longest time I probably would've said Commando was a drama him saving his kid and all.

I grew up with predator 2, lots of nostalgia but it was a bit silly. That bathroom scene with the old woman is priceless though.

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

hahhahaa Commando , I had forgotten about that movie. The difference is that was an action movie and there was no focus on sex,gender,or race just ass kicking action unlike if it would get remade today.

I'm a action and scifi guy genre kind of guy . Although I prefer the more science and less action type of movies such as contact with jodie foster. I never even cared for the star wars movies because to me it was just a drama set in space with some alien characters thrown in. Same with walking dead which I didn't get into either. Take away the zombies and its just another drama about human interaction and struggles.

Unfortunately there are not to many sci fi movies any-longer that are composed mostly of action and or actual science . irregardless of the woke factor most scifi movies and shows of today mostly all boil down to 95% drama with some backdrop or characters thrown to call it sci fi .

edit on 45930America/ChicagoWed, 07 Sep 2022 11:45:00 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 11:29 AM
link   

It seems a shame that they have a great antagonist in the Predator but nobody seems to be able to do anything with it that doesn't turn to cheese , perhaps a lower budget and talented new writers could produce the film the big guys cant , and fans of the original want.

TBH I haven't watched a film in years because of the over reliance on eye candy and the lack of meat , plus there seem to be very few actual actors about these days ... god I'm sounding like my dad !

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 11:56 AM
link   

It seems a shame that they have a great antagonist in the Predator but nobody seems to be able to do anything with it that doesn't turn to cheese ,

yep great potential that was thrown away on this film. It would have been much better if they explored more about the predators background like what RAY1990 hinted at.

perhaps a lower budget and talented new writers could produce the film the big guys cant , and fans of the original want.

Looks like writers are going through their own weinstein metoo movement, where if the writers don't play ball and add the woke narrative or use cookie cutter scripts then they get no show time .

To appease my scifi addiction i have been coping with the old movies and even black in white with some very cheesy special effects ,but the plot always make it worth it compared to todays films.

god I'm sounding like my dad !

exactly what i said to myself, lol

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I loved that film when I was younger, too young probably!

Sci-Fi is what I grew into and it is difficult finding good entertainment, it's mostly nostalgia trips and cheap thrills. The kind of stuff you forget about in a month or two... I'll remember some of the hunting scenes from Prey I'm sure.

irregardless of the woke factor most scifi movies and shows of today mostly all boil down to 95% drama with some backdrop or characters thrown to call it sci fi .

It's almost unavoidable these days, I liked that route 66 for a laugh and the expanse was ok. Tbh I think you might be looking at the wrong format for the level of entertainment you're seeking. A movie or TV show won't do it these days because they're probably outdated.

Gaming and VR interactive movies is where it's heading, in some ways we're there already.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join