It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1st Amendment is on fire.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I'll keep this one short .

Everyone is focused on the 2nd Amendment and it seems we have forgotten about the 1st and most important Amendment .

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

www.nfl.com...

Effectively they are in the process of taking the guns but in this case they are taking our freedom of speech , fining a person 100K because of some politically charged statements I mean that's it there is no freedom of speech . What he said is not Racist or Sexist or anything of the sort , he didn't threaten anyone or anything he just had an opinion on some political subjects.

This is nothing new of course , The Government and Media are in a non-stop assault against anyone who challenges there ideals and propaganda.

We now have a ' Social Credit Score ' and this coach Jack Del Rio just had his Credit hammered for $100,000 .

The 4th Amendment is under fire as well and the 5th and 6th are next .
edit on 11-6-2022 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

The First Amendment doesn't apply here, the NFL is a private company.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

NFL get's billions in subsidies from taxpayers

Once you receive taxpayer funds, imo , you're no longer a 'private' company

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 03:46 PM
link   
This guy should sue. A decent lawyer with the backing of the 1st should get this straightened out.
Do we now have a 'social credit score' already ? Ugh .
Or just talking potentially future etc.
Sick of this .

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 03:46 PM
link   
As soon as people got fired/suspended for not using proper pronouns the first amendment was shot in the head, right now we are just waiting to see if the doctors can save it or not.

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Bull# Augustus and you know it , and this is just one of many examples.

Everyone has a Job or works for something that can be traced back to a Privately owned corporation . I've had friends get fired for Social Media comments , that is an attack on freedom of speech.

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight
This guy should sue.

If only he hadn't groveled before the masses and offered an apology.

I mean, I'm assuming he did.

If so that's defense exhibit number one. If he finds his own actions objectionable he kinda kills his own case.

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

Not how it works. I get most of you hate/don't understand the Constitution but the document is very clear on the matter.

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 04:01 PM
link   

See above, your confusion is irrelevant.

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 04:05 PM
link   

See above, your confusion is irrelevant.

I'm not confused mate .

your the one that is Morally confused you hide behind technicalities .

The NFL is a massive organization that should not take political stances much less should they fine a Coach for something he said in his own personal time.

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 04:08 PM
link   

You made a LOL.

The Constitution is not a 'technicality', it is the supreme document by which our society is governed.

edit on 11-6-2022 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 04:23 PM
link   

You made a LOL.

The Constitution is not a 'technicality', it is the supreme document by which our society is governed.

The NFL is a ' Woke ' organization .

Woke ideals are pushed and have there roots in the Far Left dominated Democratic party .

The NFL technically fined this Coach yes , but in actuality the Political Left AKA the Government Fined this coach 100k .

Hints your hiding behind a technicality and you know it , you can act like this is not an attack on the 1A but it 100% is.

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

You made a LOL.

The NFL is a ' Woke ' organization .

Woke ideals are pushed and have there roots in the Far Left dominated Democratic party .

The NFL technically fined this Coach yes , but in actuality the Political Left AKA the Government Fined this coach 100k .

Hints your hiding behind a technicality and you know it , you can act like this is not an attack on the 1A but it 100% is.
Ignore him. I'm doing it. I'm 100% behind the constitution obviously, and he twists your words.
I think he gets off on it , sad and sick really

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 04:30 PM
link   
"I'm an adult; I own me and I'm not a slave." Should be the first thought when your rights are violated.

In other words they wouldn't get 100k they'd get an I quit.. then i'd book a speaking tour about the politics they didn't want me to speak about.

edit on 11-6-2022 by Crowfoot because: editing

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I know it's just a technicality to you, but....The NFL isn't Congress.

The NFL is a legal entity, a corporation, and...according to the Supreme Court, corporations are people and money is free speech. Corporations are entitled to get as political as they want, and to require their employees to abide by behavior stipulated in their employment contract.

edit on 11-6-2022 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
As soon as people got fired/suspended for not using proper pronouns the first amendment was shot in the head, right now we are just waiting to see if the doctors can save it or not.

This nonsense is been spread in the EU as well.

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Constitutionally ,WE THE PEOPLE Unison Voices Can Negate ANY Unjust LAW in the United States by LAW . If the " Courts " Do Not Agree , then it is In the PEOPLES POWER that They Themselves and their Unconstitutional Policies Will be Reinterpreted by the PEOPLE .

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

This is very true, but it has also become a weak point that is being exploited. Here in Washington State Inslee threatened private businesses with losing their license to do business here if they didn't mandate the wearing of masks, then Inslee told the courts that the Government of Washington never mandated the wearing of masks. He didn't lie since he didn't mandate it, but instead forced the business owners to enforce his mandate instead.

This issue with the NFL, as well as other companies, are being used to push these agendas by enforcing violations of the Constitution through private means. Where I worked at years ago, they recently fired a few people due to social media posts of them out on a hunt. Did they do anything that reflected badly on the company, did they indicate who they worked for, no they did none of that. The reason they were fired was that the location manager is a member of PETA and wanted to enforce the "No Harm to Animals" idea on the employees (don't worry about them though a lawsuit has been started over this).

That's the loophole that's being exploited though, if the Government can't do something legally, then they will do it through private companies, Social Media, Publications, employee suppression, and more.

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 05:20 PM
link   
The first has been falling apart for a good long while.

That's why they're after the second.

Don't discount either, but the first can't protect the second- the second can and will protect the first if it comes down to it.

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I know it's just a technicality to you, but....The NFL isn't Congress.

The NFL is a legal entity, a corporation, and...according to the Supreme Court, corporations are people and money is free speech. Corporations are entitled to get as political as they want, and to require their employees to abide by behavior stipulated in their employment contract.

I understand all of that Sookie and you are 'technically' right .

But it is inherently wrong , like I said in the Op . What he said is not a personal attack or threat , it is not Racist , Sexist or bigoted .

He simply gave an opinion on a Historical event , a very common opinion held by millions of Americans and yet he was made an example of by the politically charged organization.

I could understand if he was Denying the Holocaust but no what he did was push against the woke ideals .

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join