It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For All Mankind on Apple TV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Have been watching more stuff to pass the time overnight and came across "For All Mankind" an alternative history of the moon race, on Apple TV.

Yes for those concerned it is indeed full of PC themes and tropes it's Apple after all. but as an alternative history show LOL they got it covered. But it has a decent humorous angle even to the PC BS or atleast it seems humorous to me, I think they are trying to be serious.

Now it's not great or anything but I really like the interspersed changes in history and the CGI for some of the events, and the soundtrack is stellar. It's from a period in time Im familiar enough historically that the changes are cool to listen to, as much as the NASA stuff it's got a good healthy dose of 60s references. The scientific stuff is presented well.

The story so far interweaved into all of this is kind of lame I would normally not watch, but most of all the other parts I really enjoy, besides it, got renewed for a 3rd season, so it can't be totally awful. I really think some of our writers here would make a more interesting story.

Only in a few episodes, I could abandon it like "Raised By Wolves" mid-season, but Im such an alternative history nut I'll probably slug through a couple of seasons like "the Man In the High Castle".

edit on 6-6-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I’m a big fan of For All Mankind. As you mentioned, the music and some of the changes in history. I think all of the characters are well rounded and have great back stories. I like the storylines too. Season 3 is supposed to take place in the 90’s. I can hardly wait until it comes out.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I watched the entire series and it gets better and better....IMO. I think it is a fun alternative take.
And I am in love with Joel Kinnaman so I watch everything he is in. lol

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD
I’m a big fan of For All Mankind. As you mentioned, the music and some of the changes in history. I think all of the characters are well rounded and have great back stories. I like the storylines too. Season 3 is supposed to take place in the 90’s. I can hardly wait until it comes out.

Well, that's the thing about Apple the production value and cinematography are done really well and even the actors seem more polished than say watching Obi Won Kenobi, even if Im not totally enamored with the story.

They put the work into it.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 09:31 PM
link   
It's well-acted... that's rare these days the whole show has a Forrest Gump Lite meets the Right Stuff vibe, it's an easy watch I can have it on n the background and still enjoy parts of it

Molly is growing me...

Nixon

would have likely said exactly that

"If she screws up it's your ass"?

I get jazzed about alternative history because it gets my mind wandering what-ifs. etc, like if this is the 1960's what were the 40s and 50s obviously it wasn't the same as real history

edit on 6-6-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join