It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Shooting In Philadelphia On Saturday June 4th , 3 dead 11 wounded

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I am not trying to change anyone's opinion on guns , criminals or anything else. The thing I hope for on posts here is unbiased information so I can make informed decisions. On ATS some people post that way while others choose to ignore facts in favor of perception. I can't control any of that so all I can do is just give facts and let those facts tell their narrative.

For everything below the following is the source: www.inquirer.com...

Gunfire erupted around 11:30 p.m. Saturday along one of Philadelphia’s most popular dining, shopping, and entertainment corridors, igniting panic and sending people screaming for cover.

In general sounds like a very chaotic situation that started as a fist fight and ended up with multiple people shooting at each other or into various crowds of people. Additionally responding law enforcement engaged at least one of the shooters during which it is suspected that the shooter got hit and proceeded to drop his gun and extended mag .

After a short brawl, a volley of gunshots rang out. Vanore said two of the three men in the fight fired at each other. One of them — the man who first drew a handgun — was killed, Vanore said. The other was hospitalized in critical condition.

But the shots in the packed nightlife district sparked chaos. Within seconds, police said, several other people began shooting into crowds gathered outside.

One shooter was a man on the 200 block of South Street, near an intersection with American Street. Police said he fired westbound on South Street. A responding officer, who has not been identified, returned fire, and Commissioner Danielle Outlaw said the officer likely struck him. The man dropped his gun and an extended magazine and ran away.

At least two other guns were fired amid the mayhem.

One of guns reported to have been found at the scene was a ghost gun or home manufactured fire arm:

Ghost gun with extended magazine found at scene of South Street shooting

A homemade firearm — commonly referred to as a ghost gun — with an extended magazine was one of the weapons recovered from the scene of Saturday’s mass shooting on South Street, according to police sources.

www.inquirer.com...-1818522921

At least one of the suspects, allegedly the shooter with the ghost gun has been detained.

An 18-year-old suspected of firing a ghost gun during Saturday’s mass shooting on South Street has been taken into custody and is expected to face charges over the incident, according to law enforcement sources.

www.inquirer.com...-1926574878

Not much needs to be said around how chaotic this must have been for those on scene. Growing up and still living in the Philadelphia area I have walked past where this all occurred multiple times. It used to have sort of a more punk rockish feel then it went to more of an urban flavor and finally its settled on more of a commercially driven space not that different from any other main street in a city. As larger scale events like this often do this event will have it's butterfly effect and spread its impact across multiple elements and people. The damage done will continue forward for those involved and who knows if or what that leads to. Life just continues to devolve.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Philadelphia has been rocked by multiple mass acts of gang violence. Why haven't you heard about it? Because it doesn't fit the media's narrative.

The above article is from 2019; I'm too lazy to find anything more current and highly doubt the situation has improved.

[www.lawenforcementtoday.com...]

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 02:19 PM
link   

On ATS some people post that way while others choose to ignore facts in favor of perception. I can't control any of that so all I can do is just give facts and let those facts tell their narrative

Now thats rich.. Makes me smile when you guys try and play it off as the other side spewing disinfo.

When everyone with half a brain knows exactly what side does this.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Let them take our guns and we will have a foot on our face for generations

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Thinks this is it. It made news here in the Burgh. But this is local Philly.

Philadelphia shooting: 3 killed, 11 others shot on South Street

www.fox29.com...
www.fox29.com...

Hope it helps.

edit on 6-6-2022 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Yeah, I remember South street when it was a garment/bridal district in the 1970's. It went Hippie/Slacker/Ragamuffin in the 1980's, then commercial in the 1990's and "urban" soon thereafter.

Not only did I live and own in the same neighborhood, I bounced at a few clubs that my friend's owned. More of an overseer, I had a bunch of Temple football players working with me. So when it was time to throw someone out for ambiguous reasons, my guys would tell me, "you do it", since it didn't' require physical prowess, rather a firm attitude.

So it wasn't really that tough back then. Especially at the time when PD would close down the street at a certain time on weekends to stop cruising. Now, from what I surmise, it's a wild carnival of reckless traffic and pedestrians not really spending any money, but wrecking the 300 year old neighborhood.

I never felt like I was going to get shot. I was even in a couplie of riots there, Greek Week comes to mind. It's the Black fraternal convention in Philly, and I guess has moved more and more into South Street area from Fairmount Park. Greek Week or Superbowl level chaos is crazy enough, but gun play is unacceptable. Listen to interviews of "peeps" who were there on Saturday, they sincerely don't want this violent crap going on.

Anyway, it's hectic, and really has no place in this part of town.

edit on 6-6-2022 by FlyingFox because: The White shirts are Supervisor-level officers.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 03:01 PM
link   
One of the issues is lack of definition and terms we can agree on... there are mass shooting and then there are mass shootings.

I'd argue that for most people, a mass shooting is a random shootings like Uvalde, Sandy Hook, Buffalo, or any of the other events where someone goes postal. These types of mass shootings are exceedingly rare.

On the other hand, you have "mass shootings" that are gang / thug related where you can have multiple people shot but they aren't really the same kind of random mass shooting. They are usually the result of two gang members shooting at each other in a crowded place. It really isn't the same thing and I don't think these events should be referred to as a mass shooting.

The gun control crowd loves to include the street violence in the mass shooting statistics to make it seem like a bigger problem.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: just4fun

On ATS some people post that way while others choose to ignore facts in favor of perception. I can't control any of that so all I can do is just give facts and let those facts tell their narrative

Now thats rich.. Makes me smile when you guys try and play it off as the other side spewing disinfo.

When everyone with half a brain knows exactly what side does this.

I'm not sure who "you guys" are but whatever helps you get through the day.

Unlike the second type of poster I referred to outside of the last 2 sentences of the post I gave no opinion or perception since everything previously is just me giving info as it is currently known.

All things being equal you can think whatever you want because that doesn't change anything when it comes to how I approach posting here.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

Philadelphia has been rocked by multiple mass acts of gang violence. Why haven't you heard about it? Because it doesn't fit the media's narrative.

The above article is from 2019; I'm too lazy to find anything more current and highly doubt the situation has improved.

[www.lawenforcementtoday.com...]

Okay great, other than both scenarios being in Philly that's relevant to the events I am talking about in what way again?

This is like when people try and question the relevance of a shooting someplace else because 789 gang bangers got shot in Chicago at the same.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 04:16 PM
link   

This is like when people try and question the relevance of a shooting someplace else because 789 gang bangers got shot in Chicago at the same.

Likely because they are calculated into statistics in the same manner. See Edumakated's post above.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Likely because they are calculated into statistics in the same manner. See Edumakated's post above.

Makes sense and if this was a statistical discussion I would 100% support what you said. That isn't what I posted about those so I will ask again, what does that have to do with the shooting event in the source article where it talks about the 3 people killed and 11 wounded this past Saturday?

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Thats simple.

The media likes to pick and choose which narrative to push, some say forced to push.

What are you pushing? Gun violence? Ghost guns? Mass shootings?

In your effort in trying to be genuine, it seems the point was missed.

The thing I hope for on posts here is unbiased information so I can make informed decisions. 

What info exactly?

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

One of guns reported to have been found at the scene was a ghost gun or home manufactured fire arm:

I have a ghost chainsaw, and ghost bat... The term ghost gun is political in how it is used.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Thats simple.

The media likes to pick and choose which narrative to push, some say forced to push.

What are you pushing? Gun violence? Ghost guns? Mass shootings?

In your effort in trying to be genuine, it seems the point was missed.

The thing I hope for on posts here is unbiased information so I can make informed decisions. 

What info exactly?

The only thing I try to push here is giving facts that have no Left or Right biases attached to them.
I listed facts and gave the source used, if people want read that info then great. If people don't want to then just as great.

If you honestly ask what info I was trying to relay then I am not sure you read the OP since the title is very clear: Mass Shooting In Philadelphia On Saturday June 4th , 3 dead 11 wounded

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I have a ghost chainsaw, and ghost bat... The term ghost gun is political in how it is used.

Then it seems like you should have a problem with the DoJ or the 10 states that have laws around unregistered or untraceable guns.

DoJ: www.justice.gov...
10 States: giffords.org...

Outside of that ghost chainsaws, ghost bats or ghost guns are not something I have a vested interest in and neither that nor your declaration of the term being political changes the fact that it was an element reported in the original report.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 05:18 PM
link   

It may not be your intention but certainly there was a specific intention of the source.

"Extended mag"
"Ghost gun or homeade gun"

Those tidbits that lack any definition, accuracy and greater context in a shooting that by definition is NOT a mass shooting, in Philly nonetheless, are intended for a apecific audience.

edit on 6-6-2022 by JinMI because: Spellink

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Not to be miaconstrued with assault chainsaw and assault bat....at the time of this posting anyway.....i hope.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 05:31 PM
link   
It reads like gang violence with multiple shooters that just so happened to go down in a very public area. Only difference is, the ways it’s reported it makes an attempt to make it sound like something else. Lol extended magazines, ghost guns, oh my.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 05:33 PM
link   
So while all this gun violence is going on, the best “solution” is to prevent law abiding people from defending themselves and others?

Seems rather counterintuitive. Like we outlawed bats because some people got beat up so you will have to play baseball by smacking the ball with your bare hand. Good luck.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Outside of that ghost chainsaws, ghost bats or ghost guns are not something I have a vested interest in and neither that nor your declaration of the term being political changes the fact that it was an element reported in the original report.

So I file off the serial # is it a ghost gun or just illegal gun?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join